5,000 cals a day, high carb all raw all vegan diet? Freelee (the banana girl)

Options
So for those who haven't heard of her, Freele the Banana Girl is a fairly popular Youtuber who is known for her self made-up diet and for publicly bashing other Youtubers in videos and comments who do not follow her lifestyle or agree with it.

Freelee claims that an unlimited calorie, high-carb totally raw, totally vegan diet is the ONLY way to be healthy and lose weight. That limiting calories is setting up for failure and is unhealthy. She condones eating a diet consisting of 90%+ fruit, eating up to 50 bananas a day, and at least 3,000-5,000 calories or more.

She doesn't just follow it herself, she insists that all nutritionist, doctors or medical professionals are paid to lie and not to listen to them for nutritional advice, instead you should listen to her. She openly talks about her hatrid for those who don't follow her lifestyle and their stupidity for doing so.

With that said, many many people have fallen very ill, some having long-term damage to their body/internal organs from trying to follow her diet. She fails to comment on any of the claims. Yet continues to enforce her diet as the best and only way to be healthy and shed pounds.

So, what is your personal opinion on this? She is very thin, I'm not sure to what extent she follows her diet but she is insanely adamant about others doing it. She's an extremist in every form. It seems impossible for me for her to be able to consume 5,000 calories a day as she claims and be so thin. Opinions?
I think she's batcrap crazy lol... but you know that's just me.

(I'm not looking for approval of this diet, I follow the scientific facts and calorie count with proper ratios of fiber, protein, etc and so on. Just sharing this for your thoughts and entertainment)

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Opinions ? Nutter. See how she feels about it when she's in her 50s and diabetic.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading when I saw Freelee. She is a moron.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Proof that people really will believe anything. And a sad commentary on the nutritional knowledge of many people.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

As did I. She's a goof, getting rich off youtube. And you're making her richer.
  • myssjaxson
    myssjaxson Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Excuse me..? My statement in this post is that she is a nutjob. I was just posting for others entertainment and thoughts. I clearly stated I was not asking for advice on this diet read more than 5 words please.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Extremely thin doesn't always mean healthy
  • adamhendrickson92
    adamhendrickson92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That is amazing if she actually does it. Idk how you can eat that many bananas.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited January 2016
    Options
    myssjaxson wrote: »

Excuse me..? My statement in this post is that she is a nutjob. I was just posting for others entertainment and thoughts. I clearly stated I was not asking for advice on this diet read more than 5 words please.

If you advertise her and folks click...
  • arditarose
    Options

lol I think Sabine mean she REALLY stopped reading at Freelee.

Honestly you won't find much if any support for her and her craziness here.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

100% this. I ignore her. I also never heard of her pre MFP, and suspect the vast majority of people I know have never heard of her. Most people don't follow YouTube diet celebrities.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

lol I think Sabine mean she REALLY stopped reading at Freelee.

Honestly you won't find much if any support for her and her craziness here.

I did.
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I think she does a lot of running so is prob burning a lot of calories but yes she is a nutter and anyone who gets sick trying to eat like her should sue.
  • myssjaxson
    Options
    LOL @ those who think I'm supporting her. I'm sharing the crazy because I think its funny and also interesting considering so many people believe her claims even though scientifically it is impossible. I was looking to have a lightened chat/discussion on the insanity but I suppose not.

I don't mind those accusing me of condoning her though I don't understand how as I blatantly explained I wasn't, but its cool. Lol.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    She's a nutcase. I couldn't eat 50 bananas in a week, let alone in one day. I don't pay any attention to anything she says.
  • arditarose
    Options
    LOL @ those who think I'm supporting her. I'm sharing the crazy because I think its funny and also interesting considering so many people believe her claims even though scientifically it is impossible. I was looking to have a lightened chat/discussion on the insanity but I suppose not.

I don't mind those accusing me of condoning her though I don't understand how as I blatantly explained I wasn't, but its cool. Lol.

Only one person may have accused you, and she said straight up she stopped reading when she saw Freelee's name.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I would be so constipated if I ate that many bananas.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I will literally not touch a banana. Would rather have two oreos and hit that fat macro.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

It's not that people think you said positive things about her, but that giving her any attention benefits her.
  • myssjaxson
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

It's not that people think you said positive things about her, but that giving her any attention benefits her.

Same as talking about starvation diets and fasts and unorthodox methods that come up a lot on here. I'm not writing her a check, I'm discussing the NEGATIVITY of her actions. I'm not trying to be all defensive, I'm simply frustrated with the "slap-the-puppy for playing" antics.
  • myssjaxson
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I would be so constipated if I ate that many bananas.

I couldn't even imagine lol. The sluggishness I would feel from all that sugar could give me nightmares lol.