Your Non-Negotiable item

Options
I was wondering if people have a particular food/routine they won't give up or reversely a healthy food they absolutely won't eat.

I HAVE to have coffee in the morning and I always have milk (skim) and sugar. Tried to drink it with less of both, but bleh o_o

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Decent cheese. Forget fat reduced and all that jazz, I'll make the real stuff fit, or I won't use it!
    Real ice cream. I'm super fussy about it, so I can't go with the lower cal fake versions.

For healthy foods I won't eat? I have a severe disgust for fresh fruit that borders on a phobia. The idea of eating it turns my stomach. I'll eat pretty much any veg you can name, though.
  • Zellyrus
    Zellyrus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I definitely bought rice dream ice cream once......with carob chips instead of chocolate chips. It was a sad experience.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Coffee for me too. Preferably with cream but black will do. I will even do decaf... there is something about the morning coffee ritual that I really like.

What won't I eat for health? Liver is a tough one to swallow.
  • bonsai89
    bonsai89 Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Zellyrus wrote: »
    I definitely bought rice dream ice cream once......with carob chips instead of chocolate chips. It was a sad experience.

Lol! That's too funny.

I have more than one including dairy products, don't know if this counts, but I will not eat a little salad and a half sandwich if I'm going to go out to eat. I make it count then get back on the wagon immediately. It's important to indulge once in a while! Has to be a lifestyle change. I will not eat steamed Brussel sprouts...ever, ever again.

• tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up flavor. Tonight my steak included a drizzle of balsamic reduction - super yum!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Butter!
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Lots; coffee with my creamer. Cheese. Sour cream, people,use Greek yogurt in place of it? I still don't understand that. It's not that high in calories as it is, measured properly.
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Guilty pleasure: Carnation French Vanilla Coffee Creamer. I limit it to once a day since it's so sugar-laden and full of artificial crap.
  • Zellyrus
    Zellyrus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lots; coffee with my creamer. Cheese. Sour cream, people,use Greek yogurt in place of it? I still don't understand that. It's not that high in calories as it is, measured properly.

I was a skeptic about the greek yogurt thing, but once I gave it a shot I there wasn't much difference. The yogurt has a little more sourness.

Having said that I'm not sure I'd go out and deliberately buy the yogurt to replace sour cream. For me it's more a useful substitute for those "oh no we're out what else can I use in this recipe?" item.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce....preferably Valentina. Its the cheap one on the Hispanic aisle and tastes SO much better than Tabasco and others. I put in on a lot of things and go through a lot of it. There are other things as well, but my hot sauce is very important lol. And my cayenne pepper and fresh hot peppers. I grew up eating jalapeños the way other people eat pickles.

I'd have to say I can pass on kale. It's ok as baby kale in a salad mix, but no thanks on kale everything else. Too many other greens out there that taste better and have better nutrients.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    won't ever give up drinking my two mugs of coffee with milk first thing in AM, i did give up the two extra mugs and the 1/4cp of sugar i used in each mug of coffee i made though, i did not really want to but, it had to be done.

may change (doubt it) but, i also won't give up my real mayo for the light mayo my hubby eats, i won't give up using peanut oil to pop my favorite purple kernel popcorn and i won't give up getting boston market sweet potato casserole when we get food there even though it always makes me go over by like 400-500 calories on those days.

And i will never ever give up my my jiff whip creamy peanut butter ever again, that all natural wegman PB jar with tons of oil floating on top of it will expire before i ever touch it again.
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Zellyrus wrote: »

I was a skeptic about the greek yogurt thing, but once I gave it a shot I there wasn't much difference. The yogurt has a little more sourness.

Having said that I'm not sure I'd go out and deliberately buy the yogurt to replace sour cream. For me it's more a useful substitute for those "oh no we're out what else can I use in this recipe?" item.

Yeah, that's what I wonder, weird yogurt taste instead of my sour cream. I could see trying it in a pinch. I did find a recipe for ranch using Greek yogurt I'm planning to try. We'll see how that goes haha
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Skinny late, I need my coffee milky! Plus delicious, creamy goats cheese, I'll only use 10-15 grams in a salad but boy does it brighten it up :smile: worth it!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Coffee. I usually drink it black now but on weekends I will add cream and sugar.

Healthy food I'll never eat... hmmmm... poppy seeds is all I can think of. I don't like brussel sprouts but I'd be willing to try them cooked a few different ways. Poppy seeds on the other hand are simply offensive in taste to me.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'll never go without chocolate...even if it's just a tiny chocolate-coated biscuit once or twice a week with a cup of hot tea...I couldn't totally give it up!

I will never eat raw tomatoes (unless they're diced tiny in pico de gallo), or Morningstar Farms chick'n anything (LOVE all their veggie burgers but the chicken substitutes gross me out).
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Coffee. I usually drink it black now but on weekends I will add cream and sugar.

Healthy food I'll never eat... hmmmm... poppy seeds is all I can think of. I don't like brussel sprouts but I'd be willing to try them cooked a few different ways. Poppy seeds on the other hand are simply offensive in taste to me.

Try the brussel sprouts cut in half, tossed with some olive oil, kosher salt and cracked pepper and roasted until they start getting crispy. Delish!
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Coffee and hazelnut creamer. OMG i have at least 3 cups a day, I don't think I could live my life without it. Also Indian tea.. It is a special tea with cream. It is my favorite.

I absolutely will NOT eat hummus. I don't care how many people tell me it is good for me.. that stuff is NASTY
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Coffee and hazelnut creamer. OMG i have at least 3 cups a day, I don't think I could live my life without it. Also Indian tea.. It is a special tea with cream. It is my favorite.

I absolutely will NOT eat hummus. I don't care how many people tell me it is good for me.. that stuff is NASTY

I miss hazelnut creamer. Stoopid Australia.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I will not give up real chocolate. I have switched over to dark chocolate from milk chocolate. As for "healthy" foods I won't eat - anything reduced fat or sugar free. I want the real thing. I've tried reduced fat cheese and sour cream, and both were gross, I'd rather just make the full fat version fit into my calorie budget. As for sugar free, I don't like the way artificial sweeteners taste so I avoid them.