Any Trim Healthy Mama'ers here?? (THM)

Options
Any Trim Healthy Mama'ers here?? (THM) ..... Thought I'd catch up and chat,! Swop stories etc. thanks, Lori , Any Trim Healthy Mama'ers here?? (THM)

Replies

• snich26500
    snich26500 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes just started although I have had the books for some time
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant, but what is a "Mama'er"? This is a new term for me on the forums and I'm all confuzzled.
  • mdlowrance
    mdlowrance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes. I just use MFP to make sure I'm not constantly over doing calories
  • Caitlin_Eat_Pie
    Caitlin_Eat_Pie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Funny you should ask - I just received their cookbook for Christmas, but I have never heard of them before and do not own their original book. They touch on the basics in their cookbook (and I haven't read it all yet, so maybe I'm still missing some things) but I still don't really understand the whole concept. And I'm hesitant to spend my own money on another book just to make my cookbook make sense. Thoughts?
  • mdlowrance
    mdlowrance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There is a very large Facebook group that has files that can help you understand the basics without buying the book right away. There is a blog "Gwen's nest"that has a great QuickStart guide that many find helpful. I admit there is a bit of a learning curve, but it works.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant, but what is a "Mama'er"? This is a new term for me on the forums and I'm all confuzzled.

There is a plan called trim healthy mama...she just means someone who follows that plan (mama'er)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »

There is a plan called trim healthy mama...she just means someone who follows that plan (mama'er)

Ah, thanks for the explaination.
  • HunnieB0
    HunnieB0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been on plan since November, hoping to improve my health but the weight dropping off is a huge bonus!
  • misadele
    misadele Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just started on Jan. 4th. I log my food sometimes because I get confused what the meal ends up being. Anybody want to buddy up?
  • Steadmn
    Steadmn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Steadmn wrote: »
    Any Trim Healthy Mama'ers here?? (THM) ..... Thought I'd catch up and chat,! Swop stories etc. thanks, Lori , Any Trim Healthy Mama'ers here?? (THM)

I'd love to be friends with any of you Trim Healthy Mama participants that have responded here. I apologize greatly that I didn't get back with you sooner than this. January has been very crazy. And yes, the "Mama'ers" was just my way of asking if any out there on MFP that uses it more of a guideline for your day. That's what I do, besides keep up with recipe creations and macro nutrients. Just send me a friend request if so. Thanks Steadmn (Lori)
  • Steadmn
    Options
    mdlowrance wrote: »
    There is a very large Facebook group that has files that can help you understand the basics without buying the book right away. There is a blog "Gwen's nest"that has a great QuickStart guide that many find helpful. I admit there is a bit of a learning curve, but it works.

Mdlowrance, I do follow the Facebook page and indeed it is HUGE! I love Gwens_nest.com ! Her QuickStart guide was a huge help and I'm still learning! Steadmn
  • Steadmn
    Options
    misadele wrote: »
    Just started on Jan. 4th. I log my food sometimes because I get confused what the meal ends up being. Anybody want to buddy up?

Msadele, if you'd like to join me let me know!
  • Steadmn
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »

Ah, thanks for the explaination.

Thanks for explaining for me!! So sorry I didn't get back right away. Steadmn
  • Steadmn
    Options

Mkakids, thankful your question was answered! I'm sorry I went AWOL ! So I take it you are not doing THM plan then? Steadmn
  • Steadmn
    Options
    Hi! Funny you should ask - I just received their cookbook for Christmas, but I have never heard of them before and do not own their original book. They touch on the basics in their cookbook (and I haven't read it all yet, so maybe I'm still missing some things) but I still don't really understand the whole concept. And I'm hesitant to spend my own money on another book just to make my cookbook make sense. Thoughts?

Caitlin, that's great! Are you doing it now? The plan can be overwhelming. I love having he cookbook, I think it's a great tool. If you want to be MFP friends let me know! Steadmn
  • Steadmn
    Options
    HunnieB0 wrote: »
    I've been on plan since November, hoping to improve my health but the weight dropping off is a huge bonus!

HunnieBO, are you still on plan? If you want to be friends on MFP, just let me know! Steadmn
  • Steadmn
    Options

Pollypocket, I'm sorry I didn't get back with you right away, but glad someone else explained! Questions are not ignorant!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Me :)
  • kmolton
    kmolton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the cook books and plan book, but I still can't seem to "get it". I signed back up for MFP in the hopes it will help me to better understand the different food sources.
  • Davis713
    Davis713 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just bought the new "shorter" book and I am looking forward to learning how to do all this!
    I will need lots of help, I hope to get the cookbook this weekend!