2 years, 163.3 lb lost!

Replies

• corbinskiii
    corbinskiii Posts: 135 Member
    oolou wrote: »
    What impresses me is that you kept on going for two years. That's what I find the hardest about losing weight ... the time it takes and keeping going even though you know it's going to take a long time. You've done brilliantly! Thank you for sharing your story and pictures.

That's probably the hardest part. I lost 75 pounds before a single person noticed, I lost 100 and still weighed 224 pounds. I knew I was in for it but if I didn't keep going, I'd be big no matter what. I tried to look it at day by day and ask myself what I could do just that day to stay on track and work until my goal (everyday) and it seemed less abstract and impossible.
  • Petite120
    Petite120 Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2016
    Totally amazing! Keep it up! you look fab
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    edited January 2016
    Awesome transformation .....Congrats :)
  • corbinskiii
    Awesome transformation .....Congrats :)

Thank you!
  • lissdawn
    lissdawn Posts: 70 Member
    Such an inspiration. I am just starting (again) on my journey. I'm starting at 315.8 as of yesterday, and need to lose about what you have. I find it very difficult sometimes to find women success stories who've made that incredibly difficult journey, and here you are, at the exact moment I need to see it. Thank you.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Wow! Just wow!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Great job!!
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Fantastic!! Congrats!
  • meaghan_17
    meaghan_17 Posts: 26 Member
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing your story! This is what I needed to hear today thanks!
  • Peaceful_
    Peaceful_ Posts: 33 Member
    you did amazing!! Congrats! :smiley:
  • corbinskiii
    lissdawn wrote: »
    Such an inspiration. I am just starting (again) on my journey. I'm starting at 315.8 as of yesterday, and need to lose about what you have. I find it very difficult sometimes to find women success stories who've made that incredibly difficult journey, and here you are, at the exact moment I need to see it. Thank you.

Just don't give up. It's not easy, but it's attainable.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Oh my goodness that is amazing!! what are your stats if i might ask? (height, Starting weight, Cw?)
  • corbinskiii
    mousie1973 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness that is amazing!! what are your stats if i might ask? (height, Starting weight, Cw?)

Sure, I'm 5'8"
    Highest known weight: 324, I did this rigidly for 2 weeks before I got on the scale so I probably started around 330-332, I knew it would be close, the wii fit balance board maxes out at 330 so I wanted to make sure I could weigh myself on it..

Current weight: 160
    Goal weight: 155ish
  • zena_marie
    zena_marie Posts: 15 Member
    I'm glad I came here this is exactly the kind of motivation I needed! I started my journey last March and have managed to lose 67lbs but it has been so much harder recently and I've been so disheartened! Thank you for sharing this.
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    amazing results! Great job!!!
  • JackieAC1951
    JackieAC1951 Posts: 93 Member
    I love your profound statement of "Be kind to yourself" as so many times I am not kind to myself for slipping or falling off. The slipups only serve to compound the current mindset/behaviors. Thank you so much for sharing your journey experience with us. It drives home the point that weight loss is a change of lifestyle and not a diet (a style of eating). Happy New Year to you!
  • corbinskiii
    I love your profound statement of "Be kind to yourself" as so many times I am not kind to myself for slipping or falling off. The slipups only serve to compound the current mindset/behaviors. Thank you so much for sharing your journey experience with us. It drives home the point that weight loss is a change of lifestyle and not a diet (a style of eating). Happy New Year to you!

I think it's the most important thing that people forget to do. It's easy to see the negatives, but there are tons of little things to celebrate along the way and it makes the process less terrible.
  • ladyshellbelle
    ladyshellbelle Posts: 98 Member
    You look fab, well done x
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Amazing job! Congratulations!
  • almostmrsfox
    almostmrsfox Posts: 24 Member
    You are such an inspiration!! Amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!