Hammer and Chisel Support Group

Options
Lesly_Barrett_1209
Lesly_Barrett_1209 Posts: 96 Member
edited December 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hi Everyone! I just purchased Hammer and Chisel and am so excited to check it out. I am in no way affiliated with Beachbody - Just LOVE their workout programs! I am hoping to find friends that are about to start the program or are waiting on their package and would love the support and accountability once they get started!

I am a mom of two boys, 6 years old and 7 months old. I have about 45 lbs to lose. I can use all the encouragement I can get and would love to encourage others as well!

I am hoping to start the program January 4th! :)

Replies

• yam102284
    yam102284 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just got my package last week, but we're not starting until February or so. We're in the middle of completing T25 for a 2nd time! I've done the extra cardio disc and the 10 min abs - both intense! I can't wait to start!
  • lulloa
    lulloa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Im considering buying Hammer and Chisel. Do I need to drink shakeology along with the program?
  • momallnight
    momallnight Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it. I like Zumba. I'll check it out though. Thanks
  • yam102284
    Options
    lulloa wrote: »
    Im considering buying Hammer and Chisel. Do I need to drink shakeology along with the program?

Obviously the Beachbody coaches and stuff will say yes, but I'm not going to. I have my own protein shake I've been using. I think you can get the same results with counting calories and using the workouts.

• Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    yam102284 wrote: »
    Hi! I just got my package last week, but we're not starting until February or so. We're in the middle of completing T25 for a 2nd time! I've done the extra cardio disc and the 10 min abs - both intense! I can't wait to start!

That's so exciting! What week are you on for T25?
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    I've never heard of it. I like Zumba. I'll check it out though. Thanks

I have never done zumba before but have heard that it is a lot of fun! Do you go to classes or do you did it in your home?
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options

I do not drink shakeology. As yam102284 said, beachbody coaches would definitely recommend it but I do not think it is mandatory. Just something that helps get in extra protein and used as a meal replacement if that is something you like to do. I personally do not like the taste of protein shakes so I do not drink them.
  • yam102284
    Options
    yam102284 wrote: »

That's so exciting! What week are you on for T25?

Today is week 1 day 1 of Beta. My husband and I completed it back in April, but we love it so much, we're doing it again. Love Shaun T!

I did 2 workouts from H&C over the weekend. The Masters Cardio is 18 mins but intense and Chisel Balance, my legs were on fire! I cannot wait to start it!
  • jusca
    jusca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I ordered my package last week. I should have it in on Wednesday. I can't wait to get started.
  • Twinkie2530
    Twinkie2530 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I say yes to Shakeology but I am a beach body coach! I have also lost 100 pounds
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    jusca wrote: »
    I ordered my package last week. I should have it in on Wednesday. I can't wait to get started.

I ordered mine last Friday and have been checking my email several times a day for the shipment confirmation! haha! I am so excited and nervous! lol
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I say yes to Shakeology but I am a beach body coach! I have also lost 100 pounds

Congratulations on your weight loss! That is so awesome! :) You look fantastic!
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 of the workouts (scheduled day off is Thursday, but I need my day off to be Sunday) and I love it so far. I also drink Shakeology (and am also a coach) because I think it tastes really good and helps keep me full, but to each their own. You will get great results following the program and diet plan, the workouts are intense!
  • haleymiller0707
    haleymiller0707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just ordered H&C and should have it Friday, just in time to start Jan 4th too. I would love new friends who are doing the program and to motivate eachother. Friend me if you like.
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine yesterday, I think our group starts the 7th so we should have Sundays off. I had a baby in June (my first) and I need to stop using that as my excuse!
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    Welcome! I am in the same boat as you are! I had a baby in May. It has been my excuse to but I am so excited to get this program and get back in shape and feel good about myself again!
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm starting today. I want to have Sunday as a rest day though. Trying to figure out how to start it so that works out, but I don't want to start on Thursday. Sounds like a lot of people have an issue with the rest day they prescribed.
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm way out of shape. I'm hoping it doesn't kill me. I'm just going to do what I can everyday until I get better at it. Lol. I'm 44, mom of two teenagers. I used to be a trainer and also taught cycle, but for the past few years lost some of that love for it and have gained about 10 lbs. I used to be very obsessive about my workouts. I'm hoping to get back into shape, but also now have a life. :) I'm okay with that now. But I also want to be a bit healthier.
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    I'm in! I'm starting today. I want to have Sunday as a rest day though. Trying to figure out how to start it so that works out, but I don't want to start on Thursday. Sounds like a lot of people have an issue with the rest day they prescribed.

I too thought it was weird to have a rest day in the middle of the week instead of at the end of the week. Not sure how I'm going to like that. I'm going to stick to the schedule this week and see how it goes. If it doesn't work for me I may just continue with the workouts and put my rest day at the end like I'm used to. Excited to be on this journey with you! :smile: Are you following the meal plan or just doing the workouts?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Absolutely not. No one ever needs to drink Shakeology. For that matter, no one ever SHOULD drink it either.