Bluetooth earbuds

Options
drywall_painter
drywall_painter Posts: 321 Member
edited January 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Not sure if this is the best board to ask this question or not. Want to hear from those who have blue tooth earbuds, do you like them, are they worth it ?

Replies

• melcasa
    melcasa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am using the jaybirds. Very expensive and honestly I wish I had tried a cheaper model with the same style. Really good sound quality and I like the controls but the distance from phone to headset isn't very far. Maybe it's just my gym but I get static if I walk across the room away from my phone.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I have Jabra Sports. The battery life isn't that great, but I generally love them way better than wired. I no longer yank the cord out accidently sending my phone flying. As long as I remember to charge them every 2-3 workouts I'm good. For long workouts like 3+ hour hikes these wouldn't work.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Jaybird Blubud X with Comply Foam Tips. I did try many cheaper ones. These are by far the best I own and I believe worth the extra cost.
  • utahmomof10
    utahmomof10 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Mpow Swift. They are comfortable, have great sound quality, and stay in place whether I'm running, lying down for bench presses, bending over for dead lifts, or jumping. The speaker is on the earpiece, but I've never had anyone ask if I was talking to them on a headset, even when at the gym, so they are great for taking calls, too. And they didn't cost an arm and a leg.
  • scarletrayne19
    scarletrayne19 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I wanted Jaybirds and couldn't afford them at the time so I got some skull candy SB2 wireless Bluetooth buds and I love them. The only downside is that once you get down to about 25% battery left it beeps every minute until you charge them again, effectively reducing the time you can listen unless you can ignore the annoying beeping. Otherwise fantastic stability and sound quality for $60
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Beats Bluetooth. They work great at the gym and on the bicycles.
  • brianlundlarsen
    brianlundlarsen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have Jabra move which I use in the gym when lifting. There are few things in the world I hate more than having my ears yanked on when the headset wire gets caught, but one of them is running with my phone bouncing around, so when running I still use a small sandisk sansa mp3 player and some wired earbuds.
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth it. Especially if they have the controls on the headset. I never have to change anything on my phone. I bought some LG Tone+ behind the neck ones and I love them. Previously I bought some cheap no name ones on Amazon first but didn't like them as much.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I have an LG behind the neck headset and Bluedio N2 earbuds. I prefer the Bluedio N2's just because I don't like having the heavy piece bouncing on my neck and hitting me in the collarbone when I jump. They also get in the way during front squats. You can find Bluedio N2's for around $12 on amazon or maybe less on ebay. Sound quality is acceptable.

The only thing I don't like is the flashing light that shows its connected, but I put a piece of tape on it.
  • drywall_painter
    drywall_painter Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have Jabra move which I use in the gym when lifting. There are few things in the world I hate more than having my ears yanked on when the headset wire gets caught, but one of them is running with my phone bouncing around, so when running I still use a small sandisk sansa mp3 player and some wired earbuds.

When my ear phones get yanked, I feel rage welling up inside of me !!

Thanks for the replies folks time to do some shopping.
  • josephka
    josephka Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use Mpow Cheetahs which you can buy for about $25. Work great, long lasting battery, and they stay on. I'd highly recommend them.
  • Rottiegrrrl
    Rottiegrrrl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have taotronics. Cost $27 at Christmas. Love them. I set my phone down on bench while lifting and doing intervals. It's a great match to have my music and interval timer app.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    LOVE them! Best fitness purchase ever! To not have the cord flapping around or having to hold it when I run, and to not have it catch on gym equipment or have to shift it out of the way all the time is wonderful!
  • MelancholySmiles
    MelancholySmiles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A bit pricey but I love my Beats earbuds!! They fit the ear perfectly and the sound is just something else. The thought of wearing them is what motivates me to work out. I charge them once a week huge plus since I'm forgetful.
  • texaszeke
    texaszeke Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Look up QY7 headphones on Amazon. $20 and work great. I picked up a second pair in case sweat killed the first pair but haven't had to switch out even through training for a half marathon.
  • littleb0peep
    littleb0peep Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Mpow Swift. They are comfortable, have great sound quality, and stay in place whether I'm running, lying down for bench presses, bending over for dead lifts, or jumping. The speaker is on the earpiece, but I've never had anyone ask if I was talking to them on a headset, even when at the gym, so they are great for taking calls, too. And they didn't cost an arm and a leg.

I use these! I got them when they were on sale on Amazon for $10. I think they're a tad bit bulky. Other than that, they're great.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    i got a pair a while ago. i don't think i could go back to regular ear buds anymore. i got these-

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0132YHU0I

with the ear hooks work great and stay in place.

This. Best $20 I spent in 2015.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I'm at work now and can't remember the brand of my earbuds. The problem I have is that I can't put my phone in my pants pocket, because the bluetooth won't work unless the device is above the waist. I'm curious to know if this is true for all bluetooth earbuds, or just the particular kind I happen to have?
  • gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I'm at work now and can't remember the brand of my earbuds. The problem I have is that I can't put my phone in my pants pocket, because the bluetooth won't work unless the device is above the waist. I'm curious to know if this is true for all bluetooth earbuds, or just the particular kind I happen to have?

Bluetooth should work anywhere from 10 to 100m of the device depending on which version. Height has nothing to do with it. Certainly anything within reach is more than close enough.