30 DAY SHRED

Options

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I love level 1.
    I did level 2 the other day, because I didn't have time to get to the gym (so I did level 1, took a rest, then did level 2).
    I thought leve 2 sucked! It killed me. I felt like I totally wasn't doing half of the stuff right.
    But I did burn about 40 more calories than level 1. And it had me sweating like crazy.
    And I finished it! Today was my Day 8 of Level 1, so I'll be moving on to Level 2 full-time soon. NOT excited.
    But if I can do it once, I can do it again, and again, and again!! (Might do it again tomorrow too, for practice.)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    It' so funny that we all have different experiences with it. I'm on day 8 of level 1. I had read that people get sore, day 3 is the hardest, etc. None of that happened to me. Level 1 is still challenging for me, but I plan on going to level 2 anyway. Some people say level 2 is the hardest, others say the opposite. I guess I'll just have to see for myself.

PS: I hate jump rope. Hate it, hate it, hate it.
  • jesscsock
    jesscsock Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Today was day8 level 1 for me. I'm not looking forward to level 2 and I tried it the other night and it has loads of planks in which are my absolute worst exercise, but hopefully it;ll make me better at them and I won't hate them so much by the end..maybe!
    I am looking forward to getting some results though, i'm getting a bit impatient that I haven't changed loads already but I have to remind myself that I still have 22 days left to do!
  • summonfire
    summonfire Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, first forum post on here!

I decided to do the 30 day Shred from good reviews on My Fitness Pal and online stores, and for a bargain price of a fiver!

I am now on day 7, doing Workout 1. And i'm finding it ok! It was harder than I thought it would be. The thing which hurt the most for me was my calfs/near my ankles, from all the jumping. On nights where I go to the gym, I don't do the workout. My partner is actually joining in some nights and doing it with me (although he doesnt really need to! hes well into his fitness), I think he thought it was going to be a lot easier than it is!...

Has anyone worked out how many calories, on average, each workout burns?

Looking forward to workout 2. I took a quick before photo, and I'm going to try and do either 1 a week, or when i move onto workout 2, then workout 3.

Good luck guys!! :)
  • Laika3
    Laika3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey shredders,

Today im on Level1 Day3, I have attempted the shred before and got to level 2 day 3or4 but then packed it in. I'm determined to finish it this time, my quads are burning like hell and if I sit for too long they seize up lol.

Think i'll take a pic tonight to see if there are any noticeable difference at the end!

Happy shredding :)
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    tonight is my day 10

if I can do it - you can do it!!!
  • spifferbella
    Options
    yesterday i did 30ds and then did last chance workout(lets just say jillian kicked my... lol)
  • ddree
    ddree Posts: 7
    Options
    I am starting today also but confused on how to count the calories. Does any one have an accurate calorie count for level 1, 2, 3? thanks!
  • pittielover23
    Options
    I am on my 7th day of level 2 and I find level 2 WAY harder than 1! Those planks are killer. You people that think 2 is easier are crazy ha ha

I am seeing a HUGE HUGE difference in my body though. My stomach has shrunk big time and my back fat is going away. All my clothes fit way better. I honestly have not had the scale move that much during this time, but I am losing inches.
  • pittielover23
    Options
    Oh, for the cals I log it as circuit training general. Everyones cals are going to be different based on height and weight though.
  • Floricienta
    Floricienta Posts: 209
    Options
    Today is day 3 for me. Add me if you want!
  • uhoh_billy
    uhoh_billy Posts: 94
    Options
    I just finished Day 2, and my muscles still hurt from yesterday so it was harsh! Those side lunges with lifts are what kills me!!

Anywhoo, I put it in as Circuit Training, general in my exercise diary, since I don't have a HRM to more accurately tell how many I'm burning (too broke, and they're expensive!) but I was wondering what everyone else puts in as their time for it? It;s about 27 minutes for the whole thing, and around 22 for just the part where you're really working out. Do you include the warm-up and cool down times? Because I find my heart-rate is still up pretty high when I'm stretching!

Thanks in advance! Day 3 tomorrow!
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I did day 5 Level 1 yesterday and opted to do just a cardio workout today. I was pretty sore on Day 3 since I used 8lb weights for the bicep/lunch exercise. I can easily use 15lb weights when just doing biceps, but the speed and number of reps really killed me! Which makes me wonder if you're actually supposed to do this workout every day...since muscles should be rested for 48 hrs before strength-training them again.
  • snflwr04
    snflwr04 Posts: 46
    Options
    HELP!! I did level 1 yesterday and using my HRM - I only burned 89 calories. 89 CALORIES!! WTF. When I did NMTZ, I only burned 176 calories. I thought I was giving it my all. Now, I normally don't do weights (I hate them) but I've set myself a goal to tone up and every little bit of weight I do gets me closer to my goal.

I'm a slave to cardio and when I see that I only burned 89/176 calories - but was sweating like a mad man and had my heart rate up - it gets discouraging knowing that if I go for a run - I'll easily burn over 300 calories in less time.

What am I doing wrong with these videos?
  • paramedic52
    paramedic52 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started today. Felt good afterwards, so I'll see how sore I feel in the morning for day 2. Can't wait to see how I progress - crossing fingers for some results at least. Looked through the before and after pics on here and it was pure inspiration!
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    owie, day 2 was this morning and i huuuuuurt
  • spifferbella
    Options
    i did the 30ds on wednes and thurs
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    This thread movtivated me to order it just now! I'll be starting as soon as it arrives in the mail.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I keep reading about the the 30 day shred but am not sure what it is or where I can find it...Can someone shed some light? Thanks

Don't feel alone. I don't know what it is either.
  • karmae26
    karmae26 Posts: 1
    Options
    You can buy the 30 day shred from amazon and at large book stores. I am Canadian and got it at Chapters for 14.99. I just started today and it is a but kick for sure!