Tough gains

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I kind of always had that mindset that your body can't get too use to your workouts but maybe im changing it up too much if that's even possible

Muscles get reach a point of plateau (maximum efficiency) but the whole muscle confusion is a bit oversold.
  • allabouthegains
    allabouthegains Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree I was just talking to my boy about how people confuse what it means to really "change it up"
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I agree I was just talking to my boy about how people confuse what it means to really "change it up"

It can really mean a variety of this.. alters in reps, sets, volume per week, tempo, etc... The biggest thing I suggest is tracking (app or pen/paper) your program so you can track those things. If you go several weeks without progress, then there is potential for modification (lower reps/higher weight, lower weight/height weight, another program) in order to try to see progress. I do this by utilizing german volume training (10x10).
  • allabouthegains
    allabouthegains Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yea next week Imma start writing everything down then I'll know if I'm progressing or not