Your weightloss reactions???

Options
2»

Replies

• Juliette5000
    Options
    I am doing this with my Partner and I know his praise and the fact we keep each other honest has helped my progress and determination.

I do find it hard when I know i have eaten less and still lost less weight but at the same time I have to keep the focus on me and what I am doing to improve my life one day at a time.

It is hard not to compare yourself to others but weight loss is a personal thing and it happens at different rates for different people.

Before I started 6 weeks ago I couldnt exercise for longer than 20 minutes without dying. i just did 45 minutes flat out cardio and actually enjoyed it. Its those things I personally keep reminding myself are the little steps toward a long journey.

Our goal is October and so much can be achieved before then given the progress already made.

I am proud of my Partners progress and also my own but i dont actually like the attention you gain from weight loss - given I have yo yoed so much throughout the years... but thats a whole other conversation.

Well done for everyone on here - taking the first steps is always the hardests!

65 kilos... here I come.... :)
  • BrendaPeace
    Options
    I have done the same thing and I am using this tracker to help motivate me. I pulled out all of my skinny clothes I would one time wear and threw them all away today. It was a little sad but needed to be done, I was tired of getting discouraged buy trying them on and not fitting. Before this site i had lost 30 lbs, in the same cothes, deel like the same size but like others have said only people who have not seen me in a while notice...most think I have had a boob job since they havent gone anywhere, Knock on wood. I am just taking it day by day. I know that I am working out and eating better and I can weigh every day because somedays I think I have worked really hard and the scale doesnt showl it. It is discouragining. But I love coming on here and fining you are having the same feelings. Thanks for sharing!
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    I've read a lot of these threads on when people start noticing and it varies so much by each person. It depends on how much you weigh. I lost 10 and only one person noticed. but I think the smaller you are, the people seem to notice more.
    But remember what the goal is here; not to please others, its to be healthy and happy with yourself. Screw them in my opinion!
  • nicolej216
    nicolej216 Posts: 31
    Options
    I've lost 35 and honestly I'm STILL in the same size jeans! Yea, imagine that! Its frustrating but my shirts fit much bigger, though my boobs have not gotten smaller. Hmm. My doctor has said I am losing a lb here and a lb there, it's not all in one place so i haven't really noticed 'til recently.

I know how you fell i have lost 40 pounds and only one size down in clothing we just have to hang in there when its ready it will happen keep working hard and good luck in your journey!
  • natisinvincible
    Options
    Well i havn't lost as nearlly as much as some people, but with the 11 pounds i've lost people noticed a change at about 6-7 pounds difference which really made me happy, the more people who noticed and complimented me, the more i just wanted to lose more, also for people i hadn't seen in a while like a month or something, it really gave me a goal to lose wait to see if they noticed! I think what makes us all keep going is the achievement we get out of it in the end, looking and feeling different is why we does this!!! good luck on your journey!!
  • janiebabes
    janiebabes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've had some interesting responses. People started noticing after 10lbs, but there were a couple of people who were really undermining about it. I would get comments like "don't fade away to a shadow" or "there's less of you every time I see you" as if I was doing something weird or unhealthy. "Don't overdo it," was another common response. Usually from people who were in massive denial about their own health status.

I've had some much nicer responses. I like the ones that are along the lines of how *well* i look, how fit, rather than how slim I look!

Weight loss shows up quite quickly on me in my face.

I don't think people would notice as much now that I am close to my goal weight.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am down 32lbs as of this morning. I have some friends that say i look lighter in the face, but they are all fairly shocked when I show them my license picture. I get comments about "i dont remember you being that fat" after whipping out the photo.

I am getting pretty excited because I am 3 lbs away from being in the 220's. My official start weight was 265, but I had been watching what I ate for a few weeks before that but was simply not willing to get on the scale. I am sure the number was north of 270.

funny thing is that it has been EASY to change these habits. I am blessed to have an amazing wife, and we are doing this together which makes it so much easier. If I am having a rough day and want to cheat, she keeps me in line, and vice versa.

Mike
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Nobody ever notices until I buy smaller clothes because my big clothes hide it.

. I generally get pretty rude responses from people at work like "Are you sure you are eating enough? Your not puking all the time are you?" Granted this is all coming from overweight - obese people who have no interest in diet and fitness and just assume I'm full of hot air when I tell them that Yes a serving of wheat thins, a piece of fruit, a yogurt and a 32 oz bottle of water is enough for lunch and that I'm not anorexic. (Because you know if you don't visit the mcdonald's next door every day you must have an eating disorder right?)

A lot of my friends are a little over enthusiastic about it. They know I'm working hard so every time I see them they tell me I look like I've lost weight, i'm so skinny, yada yada, even if I've only lost a pound or none at all.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that many people notice this time around, total this time was only 9 lbs total so far, including a few before this site.
    I've noticed little changes in the way that some of my clothing fit. I've had one person at work walk into the middle of a conversation about the gym, and say I looked like I was slimming down, but that's about it.
    For a while I was wearing either baggy jeans or big hoodies because it was cold and I wasn't happy with that way that I looked, but things are slowly changing
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    I started out @ 268ish and a size 24. I lost 81 lbs and kept it off for a while without keeping track of food for a while. Almost 3 years. Then I got lazy and gained 26 back. People were nice enough not to say anything about it..maybe they truely didn't notice(smirk)m I restarted my lifestyle modification in feb 17 2011. The weight has literally fallen off because exercise has been a way of life for me for the better part of 4 yrs.....it was the portions that were killing me. People say nice things and rude things but for me, my @ss fits in a size 8 @168.5bs :) yep lost 47ish since feb :) I still have a few to go but to answer your question it was about 10lbs (from recently) that people started to notice. The most famous "un-nice" comment is "don't lose anymore weight or you will dissapear" and my reply is "my doctor says I am doing great and we both agree on my goal # " which is between 150-155.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!