coffee creamer

Options

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer - comes in french vanilla and hazelnut. 50 calories for 2 Tbsp.

Silk Almond Milk french vanilla Creamer - 40 calories for 2 Tbsp.

I switch back and forth. These taste just as good to me as the International Delight and Coffee-mate brands that are full of stuff I don't want, plus much higher calories.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I use Coffee Mate liquid creamer, a little powder creamer, and Splenda. Cup of coffee still totals around 50-80 calories. Not bad since I only drink one a day. That plus breakfast is usually 300 calories or less.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons half and half and 2 packs of Splenda and log it as 50 calories. I have three or four a day and it's very well worth the calories.
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm a creamer addict, but definitely going to try the almond milk and less creamer. Great suggestion!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've liked both Coffee Mate powdered creamers I've tried, pumpkin spice and sugar free creamy chocolate. Both are thirty calories for two teaspoons.

Personally, my coffee at home has a nice enough flavor to drink black. My decaff and work coffee on the other hand...
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I just drink flavored coffee with plain (fat free) creamer. So I get my french vanilla kick with no extra calories.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I use Coffee Mate liquid creamer, a little powder creamer, and Splenda. Cup of coffee still totals around 50-80 calories. Not bad since I only drink one a day. That plus breakfast is usually 300 calories or less.

Yes! Coffee mate and Spenda. My morning coffee is 60 calories.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I was putting a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream in mine until recently when I was out of it and discovered I actually enjoy it black. Who knew? The downside is, now I'm 250 calories short for the week. I'm sure I'll find something to fill that with. :)
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's a non-Australian thing, but after hearing about it quite regularly I still don't quite know what 'coffee creamer' is. Is it a flavouring you put in your coffee? A milk substitute? both?

I have my non-barista made coffee with about 40mL of regular old-fashioned whole milk. Unless you drink it black, anything else to me just seems like a liquid dessert rather than coffee.
  • Anens630
    Anens630 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer - comes in french vanilla and hazelnut. 50 calories for 2 Tbsp.

Silk Almond Milk french vanilla Creamer - 40 calories for 2 Tbsp.

I switch back and forth. These taste just as good to me as the International Delight and Coffee-mate brands that are full of stuff I don't want, plus much higher calories.

I love this idea! I will look for the Coconut milk in french vanilla. I just tried coconut milk in a Thai dish and it was delicious. And I know--my beloved International Delight has awful fake chemicals in it. Its my one vice but not worth with the calories. I'd rather save that for food! Or my other love.... Wine ;)

• Anens630
    Options
    Maybe it's a non-Australian thing, but after hearing about it quite regularly I still don't quite know what 'coffee creamer' is. Is it a flavouring you put in your coffee? A milk substitute? both?

I have my non-barista made coffee with about 40mL of regular old-fashioned whole milk. Unless you drink it black, anything else to me just seems like a liquid dessert rather than coffee.

Yes, flavor and milk substitute (for me at least). It is a liquid dessert! It's probably the only dessert my kids can't steal from me!!
  • Anens630
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    i bought some of the reusable k-cups. . much easier on the wallet than the disposable ones.

Looking that up now!! Thanks!
  • ruthiemay14
    ruthiemay14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info on creamers! Coffee with flavored creamer is a major weakness of mine!!
  • tangeetolose
    tangeetolose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Some great tips here. I too must have that one cup of coffee a day. I love creamer. My second cup is now tea.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Somebody that I know likes to use coconut cream.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options

It's a vegetable-oil based substitute for milk or cream, and in recent years it comes in lots of flavors like french vanilla, hazelnut, Bailey's irish cream, etc. I'm not a fan, since I don't like sweetener of any kind in my coffee, plus it leaves a nasty oily film on the top of your coffee.
  • Darjaurhziva
    Darjaurhziva Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Caffeine from coffee can be a great, all-natural pre-workout or pick-me-up while at work. However, loading your coffee with sugar and cream can be detrimental to your fat-loss efforts. So next time you reach for a cup of Joe, try adding cinnamon.

Cinnamon is the perfect substitute for creamers, sugar, and artificial sweeteners. Not only will you save a few calories by skipping the creamer, but your coffee will also taste delicious and festive.

What's more, cinnamon has some amazing health benefits. Studies show that cinnamon has antihyperglycemic properties, which means it can help regulate blood sugar levels.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

It's a vegetable-oil based substitute for milk or cream, and in recent years it comes in lots of flavors like french vanilla, hazelnut, Bailey's irish cream, etc. I'm not a fan, since I don't like sweetener of any kind in my coffee, plus it leaves a nasty oily film on the top of your coffee.

That sounds disgusting. I wonder why they don't make flavored cream (like from a real cow)? I remember having this discussion with a European in China once. He owned the restaurant and someone asked for cream with their espresso. He apologetically said that he didn't have "American cream". Huh? We then discussed the difference between cream and creamer. Apparently he had had complaints lol.
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Caffeine from coffee can be a great, all-natural pre-workout or pick-me-up while at work. However, loading your coffee with sugar and cream can be detrimental to your fat-loss efforts. So next time you reach for a cup of Joe, try adding cinnamon.

If your total caloric intake is still under maintenance, even with sugar and cream, you will still lose weight!

• melaniewallacera
    melaniewallacera Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    sugar Free flavored coffee mate - Its worth the calories