Bridesmaid in a June 2016 wedding looking for other bridesmaids or brides to be for support

Here's to starting off on a positive note my sister is getting married June 25, 2016 I'm going to be one of her bridesmaids I'm looking for other bridesmaids or brides to be for motivation and support on my journey to get healthy I'm currently in recovery from an eating disorder that's why I haven't mentioned losing weight that isn't my main goal getting healthy is my main goal. So will you join me on this journey? Happy New year!

Replies

• WeddingCharlotte
    WeddingCharlotte Posts: 3 Member
    I'm the bride July 1! What are you hoping to achieve?
  • mountiesgirl
    mountiesgirl Posts: 41 Member
    I'm hoping to get in shape and be healthy I'm going to be starting slow in some of my training and I'm not really dieting just going on a journey of health and be at a healthy weight.
  • liveloveqc
    liveloveqc Posts: 8 Member
    Good luck! I'm also going to be a bridesmaid in April and December, and I'm getting married myself in 2017 (I guess I'm at that age where wedding season hits its peak). Would be happy to be motivation/accountability partners!

I can relate to being in ED recovery too. I was never diagnosed with an ED, but I definitely had very disordered eating habits a few years ago, and I'm wary of falling back into those patterns. I want to lose weight now but I'm much more concerned with being healthy, and losing body fat rather than just focusing on the number on the scale.

Best of luck!
  • kristylbain
    kristylbain Posts: 10 Member
    I'm in a similar boat having had food issues as a teen (am 26 now) and now I've ended up binging - total other end of the scale.
    Logging an eating diary I find helps, as does exercisjng daily and getting plenty of water :)
    Feel free to add me on MFP :)
  • plprincess88
    plprincess88 Posts: 3 Member
    June 2016 bride here! Looking to lose 15-20 lbs! Add me :)
  • 12kcooper88
    12kcooper88 Posts: 16 Member
    My wedding is June 25, 2016 as well! I'm looking to focus on health over weight loss, as well! Good luck to you!
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Bridesmaid in my brother's wedding March 5 and they only got engaged in December so it's all happening fast. So I need to get on this and lose the last of the baby weight. (He's one)
  • hybridtheory45
    hybridtheory45 Posts: 84 Member
    Bridesmaid in my brother's May 28th wedding, looking for overall weight loss (long term I need to lose 50-60 more pounds, but I know that's not realistic for me before the wedding) and specifically to not have back fat rolls, because the bridesmaid dresses are almost backless. Not a good look. lol Feel free to add me!
  • chelsinbama
    chelsinbama Posts: 10 Member
    Bridesmaid in October 2016, and I'll be the bride in March 2017. Add me, need all the motivation I can get and I'll give some too!:)
  • MindaD
    MindaD Posts: 11 Member
    I'll be a bridesmaid in my sisters wedding in March, dreading the dress but figured I might like it more 15lbs lighter :) add me
  • Vic8893
    Vic8893 Posts: 57 Member
    Bridesmaid June 18, 2016! Feel free to add me!
  • adhicks11
    adhicks11 Posts: 2 Member
    I am going to be a bridesmaid for my sister in October 2016. Hoping to loose about 45 pounds by then. Also just had a baby so would LOVE to loose that weight.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    bridesmaid in June as well - hoping to be down 20lbs by then!
  • lackielackyall
    lackielackyall Posts: 1 Member
    Bride in July and hoping to lose 30-40 pounds by the wedding! Feel free to add me anyone. I could use the help! :)
  • June Bride here. Need to lose 82 lbs. to get to my over all goal weight. I started Jan 1 with a short goal of dropping 30 lbs. till my wedding day. Feel free to add me as a friend. You can also add me as a friend on Fitbit or on the Argus Calorie Counter & Activity Tracker!
  • dahaboo
    dahaboo Posts: 7 Member
    My wedding is in September 2016. I am looking to lose 50lbs by then! I have a Jawbone, not a Fitbit but I will definitely add you on MFP!
  • BeTheCheeto
    BeTheCheeto Posts: 1 Member
    My wedding is September 2016. I wish to get in shape, as well. I am very happy with my current weight, but my eating habits are very unhealthy (lots of carbs, not much water). I want to stay the same size that I am, as I bought my dress about a month ago and need to stay the same size so I don't have to get it let out!
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    April 2016 bride here!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    I'm already married and no one I know is getting married.

I need to see you all in these dresses. Am so jealous. I love weddings :)
  • skinnymusicteacher
    skinnymusicteacher Posts: 33 Member
    I'm playing MOH to my best friend in March. She gave us the color and let us choose the dress - mine is absolutely fabulous and I'm determined to lose 15 lbs to look fabulous in it! I'm a good dieter, but terrible at working out - I can't seem to get motivated to start moving. I'd love all advice about how to get started and maintain a fitness journey.