Breast Reduction

Options
2»

Replies

• lride74
    lride74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can actually answer this. I had to have a double mastectomy several years ago due to very aggressive breast cancer and was at the time a 36Dd. The pathological report actually had the weight of each breast, which was 6 lbs. I am sure there is some formula (algebraic) that could be put together with that information.
    For the record, I am 3 years in remission and had a "rebuild" of the "girls"
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I shrunk when I had some massive weight loss; I lost less than 30lbs, and I went down at least 2 cup sizes. I've gained about 10 pounds back (after 6 months of maintenance), and I've stayed the same size as when I was a lower weight. Depending on where your body decides to lose the fat from, you may see similar quick results. Ultimately though, the fat is going to leave where it wants to.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congrats OP on your surgery. I had a reduction this summer, but I waited until I had already lost 70 lbs. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. To the others discussing breast weight, it varies considerably. Some women have much denser breasts than others. I went from an H cup to about a D and they told me the combined weight removed was under 2.5 lbs. My surgeon also told me that my breasts were not very dense, which is a good thing. Dense breast tissue increases your risk of breast cancer.

I know that most of this post is old, but to anyone else following along and relating this to weight loss, I will add that I am glad I waited until I got closer to goal weight. Even though I was feeling good about my weight loss, you can't help but notice the change in proportionality. My fluffy stomach definitely appeared a bit larger and more prominent after my breasts shrunk.
  • Auzziedoggie
    Auzziedoggie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm confused? How big are you cup wise if you don't mind me asking? Cuz I have a 42" bust and an only a C.

Not sure if you were asking me, but I started as a 34H/HH. I now wear a 34DD (some call this an E). A 42C has the same cup size as a 34F. Since department stores do not adequately stock larger cup sizes (particularly in North America), many women compensate for this by going up in the band size. A larger band size = larger cup. A 34C and a 42C have different cup sizes. The problem is that the band size is often too big and will result in the bra riding up the back.
  • Auzziedoggie
    Auzziedoggie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats OP on your surgery. I had a reduction this summer, but I waited until I had already lost 70 lbs. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. To the others discussing breast weight, it varies considerably. Some women have much denser breasts than others. I went from an H cup to about a D and they told me the combined weight removed was under 2.5 lbs. My surgeon also told me that my breasts were not very dense, which is a good thing. Dense breast tissue increases your risk of breast cancer.

I know that most of this post is old, but to anyone else following along and relating this to weight loss, I will add that I am glad I waited until I got closer to goal weight. Even though I was feeling good about my weight loss, you can't help but notice the change in proportionality. My fluffy stomach definitely appeared a bit larger and more prominent after my breasts shrunk.

Congrats to you as well and for waiting until you lost a tonne of weight.

It is true that your stomach looks a lot worse after a breast reduction. My clothes used to hang well, hiding my midrift. Now I have to be very cognizant of how my stomach appears in clothes which I did not really have to do before (since I never wore skin tight clothing or bathing suits). While I am thrilled with the BR, I definitely traded one problem for another by not losing weight first. I'm now just as self-conscious about my stomach as I was my large breasts. That said, it is still a lot easier to work out and find new clothes.
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    after i lost weight i went from a D to a B; i had a lift because of the extra skin...best thing ever. wait until you loose the weight to have surgery for the best results
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options

Kittyy1994 wrote: »
    Boobs are very heavy! My bf and I did an experiment where I hopped in the scales and he held my boobs (taking the weight off) and I went down 5kg!!!!!

:lol: I'm not sure that's entirely scientific. Was it the bf's idea by any chance?? :smirk: