5'6-5'7 Ladies Goals

Options

Replies

• Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". My starting weight is 235. Two and a half years ago I joined this site at a similar weight and got down to 178...and then I got lazy and unmotivated and here I am, having gained almost everything back. I'm disgusted with myself, but motivated to get back on track. My goal is 160, same as before.
  • claired789
    claired789 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7'', starting weight was 71.5kg (157lb), currently sitting on 65.8kg (145lb) and my goal is 60kg (132lb). I'm feeling slightly disheartened at the moment due to water weight from my menstrual cycle and a few extra treats over Christmas, but I'm going to work hard for the next six months and continue to lose fat, build muscle and get the body I want! Initial weight loss was very noticeable in my chest, face, stomach and waist... just waiting for it to reflect on my thighs, arms and butt!
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 3/4 (used to be 5'7"!). My goal weight is 10 stone to 10 stone 5 (140-145 lbs). I'm in my goal zone, have been for 4 years for the most part, although a few lbs crept on in the past year from complacency. MFP has been a great tool; I initially lost on WW, but decided to switch to the free MFP. I work out a lot - bootcamp 3x week, Pilates reformer 1x week, power step 2/3x per week, plus various Kettlebell & short tabata workouts. Want to stay strong, increase muscle a bit, keep bone density in good range to avoid osteoporosis, look & feel younger & more active & healthier than my peers ( I'm over 50
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 3/4 (used to be 5'7"!). My goal weight is 10 stone to 10 stone 5 (140-145 lbs). I'm in my goal zone, have been for 4 years for the most part, although a few lbs crept on in the past year from complacency. MFP has been a great tool; I initially lost on WW, but decided to switch to the free MFP. I work out a lot - bootcamp 3x week, Pilates reformer 1x week, power step 2/3x per week, plus various Kettlebell & short tabata workouts. Want to stay strong, increase muscle a bit, keep bone density in good range to avoid osteoporosis, look & feel younger & more active & healthier than my peers ( I'm over 50

You look fantastic. Nicely done!
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    krithsai wrote: »

You look fantastic. Nicely done!

Wow, that's really kind of you to say...thanks! You made my day!
  • mrtastybutt
    mrtastybutt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", I used to be 5'7.5" but scoliosis. I'm 41. Starting weight in Oct of 2015 was 196 is now 164. Goal weight is 150 or less. Recently joined a gym to improve stamina and flexibility. I hope. It's difficult though. I have chronic pain, the rheumatologist thinks I have lupus or MCTD, I have scoliosis, diabetes, 2 heart stents, Hashimoto's, and stage 3 ckd. So, yeah. Difficult but not impossible I think.
  • mrtastybutt
    mrtastybutt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and I have a large frame. Barrel chested ftw.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", I would say medium frame, bordering on larger frame as I have broad shoulders.

SW 170
    CW 163
    GW 130-140

I was previously pretty happy with my body at about 150 as well. I plan to reassess my goal weight as I continue to lose depending on how I feel about my body and health at the time. I do not think that knowing my body frame and weight even in high school when I was quite thin that a weight under 130 is particularly attainable or manageable for me.
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently weigh 139. Medium frame. I don't have a goal weight at the moment just losing fat and gaining muscle.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    taracan25 wrote: »
    For those of you wondering, a simple way to measure your frame size is to wrap your fingers around your wrist. If your fingers don't meet, you are likely a large frame. If they meet, you are likely more medium frame size and if they overlap, you are likely a small frame. There is a fancier (and more reliable, probably) way to do this and involves measuring your wrist and forearm and plugging it into a calculator but for me the wrist test is just fine :)

My fingers overlap a ton. But maybe I just have long fingers because my hip bone and acrimionbprocess widths aren't "small" Pretty happy at 140-145.
  • Kimpadula201
    Kimpadula201 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I'm about 140 now my goal is 120 just because of the wedding I'm in/ Vegas but ultimately I want to be around 125-130 with some nice muscle!
  • sisu89
    sisu89 Posts: 38 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    5'6" currently ~122lbs, shooting for 115lbs. Small frame.

Same here! Although, currently I think I'm closer to 130 (hard to know without a scale though! I should probably fix that...) A few years ago I was happily at 130... when I actually had some muscle! After losing my gym buddy, though, it's too hard to maintain the muscle.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    sisu89 wrote: »
    5'6" currently ~122lbs, shooting for 115lbs. Small frame.

Same here! Although, currently I think I'm closer to 130 (hard to know without a scale though! I should probably fix that...) A few years ago I was happily at 130... when I actually had some muscle! After loosing my gym buddy, though, it's too hard to maintain the muscle.

Awesome, I'll add you :)
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my happy weight (active, eating sensibly, not restricting) is right between 130-135 - current profile pic is at this weight. I'm 4.5 months pregnant so obviously gaining at the moment, but that's where I started and it will be what I'll shoot for post-baby and then evaluate from there depending on how much muscle I've lost :/
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    5'6" and currently 145 lbs, size 8 to 10. Starting weight was 170. Goal range is 135-140 but I plan to stay at 145 for a while because I just bought pretty much a whole new wardrobe (the 12s and 14s were hanging on me and looked awful) and it wasn't cheap! :-P I'd say medium frame but my shoulders are broad so I'll never go below a size 10 up top.
  • lynn_rotter
    lynn_rotter Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm 5' 6 1/2", 143 lbs, size 12. Small frame with no curves. My chest didn't even go up a cup size with this extra weight! Would like to get back to 125 lbs, size 6.
  • jayjay_90
    jayjay_90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently at 151.2 (give or take, lol). I'm currently working towards getting to 140, but I think my ultimate goal weight resides somewhere in the 130-135 range. I'm not really sure to be honest as I haven't been as small as I am now since I was a teenager, like 10 years ago! (Yeeesh!) I think I'm a medium frame? Not really sure, never really tried to figure that out.

Those of you in a similar boat please add me! I think this is the part of my weight loss where it's going to start getting substantially more difficult and I'm all about support buddies to help me stay accountable :)
  • lynn_rotter
    Options
    I'm 5'7". Starting weight was 263.8lbs. Current weight is 169.4lbs. My original goal was to get below 160 (healthy BMI) but I think I will aim for 145-150. I have a large frame.
    You made a ton of progress!! You look great!

• lynn_rotter
    Options
    jayjay_90 wrote: »
    I'm 5'6" and currently at 151.2 (give or take, lol). I'm currently working towards getting to 140, but I think my ultimate goal weight resides somewhere in the 130-135 range. I'm not really sure to be honest as I haven't been as small as I am now since I was a teenager, like 10 years ago! (Yeeesh!) I think I'm a medium frame? Not really sure, never really tried to figure that out.

Those of you in a similar boat please add me! I think this is the part of my weight loss where it's going to start getting substantially more difficult and I'm all about support buddies to help me stay accountable :)

I'll send you a request! Looks like we are on a similar journey.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I'm medium-large framed, 5'6, started at 307 and currently 238. I'm aiming for 150-170, I will decide when I get there. I like a little bit extra body fat on me. As soon as I can get into a large, or preferably medium, I will likely stop. I just want to be a size that is easy to find wherever I decide to shop.