Lost 100 pounds in a year!

Options

Replies

• ginacurt2003
    ginacurt2003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great, keep up the good work.
  • gooz71
    gooz71 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, my starting weight was 250, I am currently 150. My starting shirt size was 2x now I am size small, pant size 18 now I am size 6! The key to my weight loss was eating normally but in portions, no starving, no overworking myself, I did not cut out junk food. I allow myself to enjoy food still but in a responsible way. I started by replacing & reducing my fast food with healthier choices. Example: serving of chips instead of fries, dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, etc... There was a time in my life that I cut everything out & I could never lose weight. I found the technique I used most effective since I eat normal & im able to maintain weight! Any questions ask!!!!

Congrats on your weight loss, that is amazing! It's interesting that I happened to read your post because right now I am struggling with the new weight watchers smartpoints program. I was doing great before but now it has turned into a pretty restrictive lower sugar high protein diet. I am encouraged that you seem to still eat what you want but within your calorie range and still lose the weight. I get so "down" thinking of my WW program knowing it is only allowing me to have certain foods for the most part. So you really lost weight still eating pasta, etc? You did it all with MFP?
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    @maddywarden, thank you for sharing your journey/story! You're about the same stats that I am. It is refreshing, encouraging, and inspiring. Keep up the great work! Thank you for being so inspiring!!
  • misssmadalyn
    misssmadalyn Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    gooz71 wrote: »
    I'm 5'4, my starting weight was 250, I am currently 150. My starting shirt size was 2x now I am size small, pant size 18 now I am size 6! The key to my weight loss was eating normally but in portions, no starving, no overworking myself, I did not cut out junk food. I allow myself to enjoy food still but in a responsible way. I started by replacing & reducing my fast food with healthier choices. Example: serving of chips instead of fries, dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, etc... There was a time in my life that I cut everything out & I could never lose weight. I found the technique I used most effective since I eat normal & im able to maintain weight! Any questions ask!!!!

Congrats on your weight loss, that is amazing! It's interesting that I happened to read your post because right now I am struggling with the new weight watchers smartpoints program. I was doing great before but now it has turned into a pretty restrictive lower sugar high protein diet. I am encouraged that you seem to still eat what you want but within your calorie range and still lose the weight. I get so "down" thinking of my WW program knowing it is only allowing me to have certain foods for the most part. So you really lost weight still eating pasta, etc? You did it all with MFP?

I honestly don't believe in WW just bc I don't think the weight loss is maintainable! Of course there are ppl who can keep it off but a lot can't. Yes I eat pizza, lasagna, pasta, all that stuff but in moderation! Moderation is key. I watch what I eat but in a realistic way! I eat my fruits & veggies& lean meats but I also enjoy myself :)
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    woznube7 wrote: »
    @maddywarden, thank you for sharing your journey/story! You're about the same stats that I am. It is refreshing, encouraging, and inspiring. Keep up the great work! Thank you for being so inspiring!!

Aw you're so sweet!!! Thank you! Good luck to you , keep at it & focus on your goals :)
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    Wow you look great, keep up the good work.
    Looking good girl
    What an amazing transformation! Great work! Thank you for sharing.

Thank you so much ❤️❤️
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    eryrurhc52al.jpeg
    I could not attach this in my story but here :)

• shondraturner1
    shondraturner1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Finally someone who does not see this as a diet but a lifestyle. I am also using some the same techniques with food. I log what I would normally eat in a meal then figure out what can I swap out or maybe have to reorganize with another meal. I have food allergies and eating gluten free can have a lot of carbs but if you do it right, you can still eat gluten free bread and treats. Just make sure you add veggies, fruit and keep exercising. My favorite treat is 1/2 of small bar of dark chocolate with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Very satisfying. Thank you for posting and being such an inspiration. I feel more confident now that I am doing things my way! B)
  • SyllyReth
    SyllyReth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome job, such a motivation!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Love that you got this result by just changing out some habits. You look great and so healthy too. Have a wonderful 2016.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Well done! You are gorgeous.
  • kelieghjane
    kelieghjane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well done and a sensible way of loosing weight
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    Finally someone who does not see this as a diet but a lifestyle. I am also using some the same techniques with food. I log what I would normally eat in a meal then figure out what can I swap out or maybe have to reorganize with another meal. I have food allergies and eating gluten free can have a lot of carbs but if you do it right, you can still eat gluten free bread and treats. Just make sure you add veggies, fruit and keep exercising. My favorite treat is 1/2 of small bar of dark chocolate with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Very satisfying. Thank you for posting and being such an inspiration. I feel more confident now that I am doing things my way! B)
    Yup there is absolutely no reason to treat weight loss as a punishment! You have to be able to eat the way you eat while you lose weight, the rest of your life!!! No sense in stuffing your face with nothing but salad if you can't do it for 60 more years! Lol
    SyllyReth wrote: »
    Congrats! Awesome job, such a motivation!
    Aww thanks ❤️
    Love that you got this result by just changing out some habits. You look great and so healthy too. Have a wonderful 2016.
    Thank you ❤️
    brynnsmom wrote: »
    Well done! You are gorgeous.

Thanks ❤️
  • Jds063
    Jds063 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats girly! You look amazing!
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    Jds063 wrote: »
    Congrats girly! You look amazing!

Thanks Hun!!!
  • lena383
    lena383 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look great! Definitely some good motivation here! I"m stating over, again. But, I figure that as long as I never give up for good, I'm on an OK path. I'm definitely trying to make sure that I set my goals as a lifestyle change, and not a diet.
  • Barroness1987
    Barroness1987 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are looking hot!! Must feel great going clothes shopping now!
  • Hipchick0805
    Hipchick0805 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    eryrurhc52al.jpeg
    I could not attach this in my story but here :)

You look fabulous! How many calories to you eat per day?
  • jessasweightlossjourney
    Options
    That's amazing congratulations, you should be so proud! I have also had success doing the same as you! Moderation not deprivation is key I think!
  • gracepost123
    gracepost123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 250. I want to be 150. We are the same!! Haha you look amazing! Good job! Such great motivation for me :)!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!