Here's How Health Experts Ranked 38 Of The Most Popular Diets

Options
FWIW. This is from U. S. News and World Report. I'm not making any claims here, nor supporting or trashing any diet you might follow, I just hought I'd share this seeing as how a lot of people are starting or starting over again right about now. I tried to follow the link to see just who these "experts" were, but it looks like the page was removed.

Replies

• echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Did you mean to post a link?
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    FWIW. This is from U. S. News and World Report. I'm not making any claims here, nor supporting or trashing any diet you might follow, I just hought I'd share this seeing as how a lot of people are starting or starting over again right about now. I tried to follow the link to see just who these "experts" were, but it looks like the page was removed.

Ooops! Yes thanks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/us-news-and-world-reports-best-diets_568c39d9e4b0cad15e6252a9?utm_hp_ref=healthy-living&ir=Healthy+Living&section=healthy-living
  • DoneWorking
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • DoneWorking
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    was hoping the DASH diet was designed by the kardashians :(
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    #36 was disappointing...it misspelled the Dukan Diet as the Dukin Diet. I read it as "Dunkin" and thought I could get thin eating Dunkin Donuts all day. Oh well...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    To me, what's more interesting is what's on the bottom of the list than what is on top.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    To me, what's more interesting is what's on the bottom of the list than what is on top.

I agree. It's also interesting that the top 4 (ties included) aren't all that different from one another. Except maybe the fertility diet which I'm not familiar with.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why can't we just eat :s
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Why can't we just eat :s

Because lunch time is over :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    That was my thought, kommodevaran -- wow there are a LOT of named diets.

Presumably the top several have similar principles that are not much different than just normal health-conscious eating.
  • DoneWorking
    edited January 2016
    Options

Me too. Real surprised at some of them. I thought the Mediterranean Diet would have been #I. I really wish I could have followed the link to see who the "experts" are.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options

Me too. Real surprised at some of them. I thought the Mediterranean Diet would have been #I. I really wish I could have followed the link to see who the "experts" are.

The list lost all credibility when it had the "Mayo Clinic" diet in the top 4.
  • DoneWorking
    edited January 2016
    Options

From what I read, I don't see it working for me either as week one doesn't have you counting calories and stating you can eat all the fruit and vegetables you want. Howsomever, I suppose it could work for some people.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options

From what I read, I don't see it working for me either as week one doesn't have you counting calories and stating you can eat all the fruit and vegetables you want. Howsomever, I suppose it could work for some people.

For someone starting from the SAD is what i assumed, you could certainly eat all the fruits and veggies you want then and not be doing any harm even if you don't lose weight.

I'm still trying to convince my dad that paleo is not a diet he wants to try....especially based on his lifestyle....