I have more than 50 lbs to lose. Comment and I'll add you as a friend!

Options

Replies

• Aria_Luna
    Aria_Luna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have 50 to lose and still won't be in a 'healthy' range for BMI either, but I looked and felt a ton better at that weight, so that's the first goal. Good luck to you! (Also I start nursing school in two weeks, so it'll be fun trying to eat healthy with that stress!)
  • Edjeep
    Edjeep Posts: 65 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You can do it. I'm down 65-70 since May. Still have some more to go. I've been on a self imposed/intentional plateau since Mid October.. getting back at it now.
  • CanaDana11
    CanaDana11 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    @Aria_Luna you can do this. I start taking some university classes at night in May and I want to break the bad fast food cravings before then
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    CanaDana11 wrote: »
    @DoneWorking I decided I had to just do it too. This food tracker seems to help.

This really is a good tool. I lost 44 pounds here about three years ago.
  • CanaDana11
    Options
    @Edjeep that's fantastic!! How did you do it? Focus focus focus?
  • Lettee4
    Lettee4 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    add me :) anyone :)
  • tabloop
    tabloop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I lost 78 lbs last year and have 52 to go. I love, love, triple love chips!!! Add me.
  • CanaDana11
    Options
    @tabloop congratulations!! Added!
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hey girl, you know I am a carb addict. I realized that for the last 5+ years most of my meals, were chinese food with lots of rice, italian food like alfredo, and ravioli, and pizza. I had to cut all of that but not because I had to but I really wanted to.. you can do anything that you put your mind to.
  • fitpal168
    fitpal168 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you CanaDana11. I've lost and put on the weight, with some health issues pushing me to emotionally eat, but I want to commit to MFP. Feel free to add me. More support the better!
  • fitqueenrealness
    fitqueenrealness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    65+ pounds to lose! :) x
  • DoubleTheLove
    DoubleTheLove Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have 59(ish) to lose.
  • HarmoniOMiller
    HarmoniOMiller Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have about 100 pounds I want to lose, id love to keep one another motivated and accountable! ^.^ Anyone else can feel free to add me as well.
  • Dteg
    Dteg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Added you!!!
  • bck7402
    bck7402 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 pounds two years ago and you will definitely feel better as you go along and accomplish the job milestone by milestone. Set goals and stick to them. It is a long and very difficult road but absolutely worth the effort once you get close to your goal weight. You don't have to be on a diet, but a journey to teach yourself to make better choices. 300 calories can manifest in an array of varieties. I love salt, sugar, fluids and generous portion sizes. Controlling these four was a big key in my journey and had almost immediate results once I learned to get them under control and find a balance between desired and satisfied. You can do it! You will do it! It will break you some days but the break you are making is like an unhealthy shell from which the new you will emerge. Good luck.
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    you can do it! I have 25 lbs to lose! I want to fit into my favourite leather jacket again!
  • nevergiveup2319
    nevergiveup2319 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need some friends!
  • Edjeep
    Edjeep Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    CanaDana11 wrote: »
    @Edjeep that's fantastic!! How did you do it? Focus focus focus?

Goals. Lots of goals. And don't be afraid to try new things. After working on my diet, I started the Couch to 5K C25K. In June I was lucky to be able to run 60 seconds. January 2, I ran a 5k for the first time. I was ready in fall, just got busy. I found out I not only can do it but kind of like running a little bit.

I set goals and tracked my progress pretty aggressively with weight goals, and activity goals. I also allowed myself to cheat on the diet once a week, usually Friday night dinner with family I still log it, and eat smart, but it's not necessarily a healthy food choice, just the healthiest for wherever we were going. :)

I also made a few friends on here and we shared interest and encouragement along the way. It's good to have some support.

After a "normal" holiday of maintaining my weight loss pretty well, I am back at it. First thing I did is sit down and recalculate some goals for myself over the next 4 months. I have found that when I don't have a goal, weight objective or otherwise, I tend to not do so well.

Hope that helps.
  • CanaDana11
    Options
    I am loving all the feedback and information!! Thanks everyone keep it coming!
  • Heidi83182
    Heidi83182 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We can do this!!! it's a matter of being healthy and live a long happy life.