Join me in a 3-week sprint to kick off 2016!

Options

Replies

• mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! Can you believe it's day 4 already?? We are all over this!

I already got a killer workout in. What are your exercise plans today? Let us know in the thread!

Today I went to a 60 minute cardio cross training class at 6am. Totally body workout with cardio bursts. Love it and ready to take on the day!

• Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Today I am doing bodyweight exercises. I have been really sticking to my exercise plan. I alternate bodyweight strength days with C25K days. I am a 53 year old woman who never weight trained before. I am really proud of myself for taking on this life challenge to make myself stronger and more fit.
  • Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Another chance tomorrow to be amazing!

Yes!
  • Katsville
    Katsville Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just found this! A bit late but I'd like to join in. Restarted logging yesterday and need to stick to it.

Daily goals are 1. log food and stay under mfp goal 2. 10,000 steps a day minimum and 3. 4 days of tennis per week
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Marikanna wrote: »
    Today I am doing bodyweight exercises. I have been really sticking to my exercise plan. I alternate bodyweight strength days with C25K days. I am a 53 year old woman who never weight trained before. I am really proud of myself for taking on this life challenge to make myself stronger and more fit.

We're all proud of you! Huge props for mixing weights into your routine as well.
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Happy Day 4 Everyone. Lets Kill it!

Got in my main workout already. Cardio and full body weight training. Logged all my food for the day except for dinner. Now I know how many calories I have to plan with. :smile:

It will be fish for dinner again tonight!
  • mameo
    mameo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Still going good! Thanks for the motivation to stay honest with myself.
  • sassynsweet2014
    sassynsweet2014 Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Me and my co-teachers won a free lunch from Cheesecake Factory today. I decided to enjoy it and I am going to eat a light dinner. I stayed within my calories so really it's whatever but I felt a little guilty because I'm not going to hit my macros. I'm lifting after work today so I plan on making up for it in the gym :)
  • Fatsotubs
    Fatsotubs Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Had a good day. Walked for an hour while my daughter was at athletics. My steps are 9,972 - quite pleased with that!
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Day 3 was another rest day, not so much by choice, but it was. Still stayed with in Calorie goal. For Day 4 I decided to start C25k back at week 5, using the 10k Apps so I can move past c25k, the schedules really help me a lot. So I ran Day 1 of Week 5, which was 1 mile and then walked the rest for 58 mins. Hit my 10000, already with most of the day left. I have had quite a bit of sugar the last couple of days, but have stayed away from alcohol though it's been tempting.
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Day 4 in the books.
    I logged everything. I stayed within calorie range, which is good news.
    Drank my 100oz
    Tomorrow will be an exercise day.

When week 2 starts I will add in a 4th exercise day.

Keep it going guys!
    Kim
  • momallnight
    momallnight Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Fatsotubs wrote: »
    Had a good day. Walked for an hour while my daughter was at athletics. My steps are 9,972 - quite pleased with that!
    Great job keep it up. I'm impressed
  • momallnight
    Options
    KimF0715 wrote: »
    Day 4 in the books.
    I logged everything. I stayed within calorie range, which is good news.
    Drank my 100oz
    Tomorrow will be an exercise day.

When week 2 starts I will add in a 4th exercise day.

Keep it going guys!
    Kim
    Wow. Really doing well. Thanks for posting this. I'm inspired.
  • janetlynn31
    janetlynn31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Today I did an upper body interval workout from my Beachbody coach. Not a calorie torcher but yowza! I feel it everywhere. Nutrition is going well too. Even managed dinner out before my son heads back to college.
  • momallnight
    Options
    Becky_44 wrote: »
    Day 3 was another rest day, not so much by choice, but it was. Still stayed with in Calorie goal. For Day 4 I decided to start C25k back at week 5, using the 10k Apps so I can move past c25k, the schedules really help me a lot. So I ran Day 1 of Week 5, which was 1 mile and then walked the rest for 58 mins. Hit my 10000, already with most of the day left. I have had quite a bit of sugar the last couple of days, but have stayed away from alcohol though it's been tempting.
    Great job Becky. I wish I could run. I'm going to look up C25k because I'm curious now.
    I Had a pretty good day with cardio and I'm looking forward to weight training this weekend. Take care.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thursday 1/7

1. Ask for God's help each day to reach my goals :smile:
    2. . Log everything and stick to calorie goals one meal at a time :smile:
    3. Exercise 1 hour, 5 days per week :smile:
    4. Finish Ab Challenge and start something new :smile:

On day 30 of my 30 day challenge.

• mtjohnston42
    Options
    WOW. I hadn't been able to check this thread in a couple hours and I come back to find some of the most inspiring, driven posts I've read for any of these challenges. You should all be so proud of yourselves. I know I'm proud of you! You've made the choice to change your lives and I'm honored to join you!
  • MrsWashington82
    MrsWashington82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Day 4 over and done with. If it weren't for this challenge I probably wouldn't have logged as truthful as I have been. Went a little over my calories a few days, but it's ok because I was under by a bit the first two days. Excited for a new day. Day 5, lets go!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Went a bit over cals yesterday, but I always eat a bit more on rest days so not too worried. Early morning fitness was great today (sneaky bjj moves in amoung the usual stuff!!) and I kept my breathing under control. Seeing doc on Monday but apparently there are lots of people taking strain in our current heatwave. This evening is bjj open mat which is one of my favourite sessions of the entire week!!

Looking forward to a busy and active weekend!
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Becky_44 wrote: »
    Great job Becky. I wish I could run. I'm going to look up C25k because I'm curious now.
    I Had a pretty good day with cardio and I'm looking forward to weight training this weekend. Take care.

Thankyou! I really struggled with running, tried other schedules but this one did the trick. The thing to remember is that if you need to repeat a day or week, it's ok. You are in control!

Good for you!! I love weights!! but I haven't been able to get back into it after my body started freaking out on me. I'm planning to try again with some light weights soon.