• incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    HUGS ultimatemedu and every1
    Thanks so so much.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I had a question for every1. I read 2000 moderate steps burns 100 cal. Will the fact its in the house matter or change or weaken it?
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

My SO will dance with me. Last night we practiced cumbia.....

hooozah...did your house catch on fire?

incisron wrote: »
    I had a question for every1. I read 2000 moderate steps burns 100 cal. Will the fact its in the house matter or change or weaken it?

no reason I can think of why it would be different.

also, i wanted to suggest that you might also enjoy bodyweight exercises if walking becomes monotonous. bodweight squats, pushups, jumps (vertical and broad jumps) can also burn a bunch of calories if done in a circuit.

Good luck to you!
  • klwells444
    klwells444 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people that are serious about losing and keeping the weight off find and stick with what works for them. Due to my hectic schedule I tend to workout at home, either by walking around or by doing a workout video off of YouTube. The guy that made fun of you is clearly scum and is probably just trying to bring you down to make himself feel a little taller...pathetic. Keep doing what you're doing and remember that no one else is worthy of making you give up on yourself and your goals. <3
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm writing this as i walk in circles around my house...my kids and my husband all assume at this point that if I'm walking in circles, I'm doing it to get my step count up, lol. But i did have to explain at first. Information is usually the best way to deal with ignorance (ignorance being what usually leads to bullying, in my estimation).

So walk walk walk away! Don't be ashamed, you have no reason to be.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    No shame.

About 3 years ago I was on a doctor supervised VLCD and part of that plan was to walk a minimum of 30 minutes a day, though I usually walked that twice. Mostly I walked loops around a neighborhood park.

But when the weather was bad I walked where I could.

I would drive to a nearby store. Picture a fat lady walking laps around a Home Depot, no cart, wearing my headphones and hoofing it.

No shame.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    What a jerk. Do not ever feel ashamed for working on yourself. Try walking or jogging in place in addition to walking around your house. Put on some music and dance a little, have fun with it. Or you could just bust outdoors and walk around the neighborhood. Whatever people think about you is none of your concern. Make sure that what you think of yourself is more important.