Solid!

No...smooth and creamy.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and lots of water!
  • nohaynicknamesdisponibles
    Options
    Please take a 3 times a day a good spoonful of flax-seeds and you will have the session you are asking for...have fun!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. Try prune juice, maybe even with water added if you object to the taste. But really, it takes 10 seconds to drink a small glass. Metamucil. "Colase" pills from drug store, digestive health section.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    A shot of castor oil at breakfast every day.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Apples are not low in fiber, nor are they low in insoluble fiber in particular. No random article screencaps are going to change that.
    Apples are not low in fiber, nor are they low in insoluble fiber in particular. No random article screencaps are going to change that.

The actual brat diet is apple sauce not apples.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

The actual brat diet is apple sauce not apples.

Called it! Didn't I call it? I totally called it!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    krithsai wrote: »
    Take a fiber supplement, drink LOTS of water and eat your vegetables. Avoid rice, white bread, apples and unripe bananas.

Why avoid apples? If I eat a whole apple, I assure you, a BM will happen whether I like it or not.

Apple constipates me a LOT. I was asked to avoid it by my colorectal surgeon when I was trying to heal anal fissures.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Take a fiber supplement, drink LOTS of water and eat your vegetables. Avoid rice, white bread, apples and unripe bananas.

Why avoid apples? If I eat a whole apple, I assure you, a BM will happen whether I like it or not.

Apple constipates me a LOT. I was asked to avoid it by my colorectal surgeon when I was trying to heal anal fissures.

Weird...the exact opposite happens to me. And when I say "the exact opposite of constipation" I mean "the exact opposite of constipation."
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I have a somewhat similar situation but, i seem to have fixed it for the most part with just more water and fiber. It is really hard to get enough fiber without going out of your way to do so though. I bought a box of kind bars with nuts and sea salt with 7g each and they make a good snack.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, when you first start a new way of eating, it is really common to have constipation at first. It happened to my husband. It will likely resolve itself in time but if you don't want to wait on it (can take a few weeks to get back to normal) I highly recommend the probiotics I listed above. When this happened to my husband, I made him take some of my probiotics and he was back to normal in a few days. Probiotics are often recommended by GI doctors for individuals with constipation due to IBS, which is why I was put on them but you don't have to have IBS to take probiotics and reap the benefits of a healthier digestive tracks and BM :smile: Seriously, I can't recommend them enough, they have done wonders for me.
  • lauries8888
    lauries8888 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I eat "Fiber One" cereal every day and drink a lot of water. The cereal feels like grit going in and coming out (I call it my "bowl o'grit") but one 1/2 cup serving supplies 2/3 of my daily fiber needs, as well as lots of (supplemented) vitamins and is only 60 calories. The benefits outweigh the grit issue and I don't need to resort to taking daily medication for the problem.
  • reikime
    reikime Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Slimdownmb wrote: »
    Seriously? Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to have a decent BM ??
    Since I've cut out all the rubbish from my diet... i literally only go about 3 times a week. I really want to go everyday!?

I hate prunes and figs so that's a no no! any ideas?

Shame you don't like prunes, a cup of hot prune juice, spiced with a shake of cinnamon or allspice for flavor, does WONDERS! other than that, about 800 mg of magnesium oxide will do the trick. or just get cheap Milk of Magnesia from CVS.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I had similar issues...

Ask your doctor about Psyllium Husk. It is a natural fibre and has many great attributes. for example, if you're constipated, add a tbsp. of the husk in a glass of non acidic juice and chug it down. ingesting it this way will help break up the binding in your intestines.

If you are having loose movements, take the husk with yogurt as it helps create bulk down there.

you will feel relieved, trust me.

I usually buy this product from an indian or Pakistani grocery store...Telephone Brand Asabgul ki Bhosle (psyllium husk). I'm not sure if it is available anywhere else. It is similar to Metamucil but I find it works much better.

Try it for a few days and you will be thanking me.

Good luck!
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Some people might think I'm crazy but just do squats. It always works for me. I will do about 3 sets of 15-20 along with some cardio and it works. Not every day, but close to it. I'm not very regular but if I do squats it gets my system going.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B008JELLCA

Haribro sugar free gummy bears.

/end thread
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B008JELLCA

Haribro sugar free gummy bears.

/end thread

Yep you win the thread.
  • lauries8888
    lauries8888 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Be careful about drug interactions if you decide to use any of the products listed above that contain magnesium. Many drugs interact badly with them (Allegra - fexofenadine -- is the one that immediately comes to mind). Please read the drug information before adding drugs/herbs to your routine.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    MisterZ33 wrote: »
    I had similar issues...

Ask your doctor about Psyllium Husk. It is a natural fibre and has many great attributes. for example, if you're constipated, add a tbsp. of the husk in a glass of non acidic juice and chug it down. ingesting it this way will help break up the binding in your intestines.

If you are having loose movements, take the husk with yogurt as it helps create bulk down there.

you will feel relieved, trust me.

I usually buy this product from an indian or Pakistani grocery store...Telephone Brand Asabgul ki Bhosle (psyllium husk). I'm not sure if it is available anywhere else. It is similar to Metamucil but I find it works much better.

Try it for a few days and you will be thanking me.

Good luck!

Really? I almost bought some the other day but, didn't because it said it had about 1g of fiber which is next to nothing