I'm cheating on Facebook! :o)

Options
quichebradford
quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
Ever since I've been on MFP, which as only been about 2 weeks, I have been on FB less and less. I still log on to FB everyday to check to see what's going on, but as far as posting things or even commenting on my friends' statuses, nope.

It's like I've had this friend for a long time and the friend is really cool...but then I met a new friend. The new friend and I have WAY more in common than the old friend. The old friend called and wanted to hang out...I told them I was busy. Now they're suspicious. Saying things like, "I saw a new app on your phone, what's that about?" Dare I tell the truth? Should I confess that I've found a friend who has my best interest in mind? Do I admit that I really DON'T like to log on and see how much people hate their lives and all they do is complain? Will I admit that my feelings have changed? That's it me and not them? Or do I live the double life? Playing both ends of the rope? (blank stare into space like they do on the soap operas)

Replies

• ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    lol so am I =) I like this new friend with benefits much more =)
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. FB is ok, but just not as cool as MFP. LOL
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    facebook has been getting pretty boring lately. I don't have many friends on here so I am not sure I enjoy it better as of right now
  • KMcBandit
    KMcBandit Posts: 65
    Options
    I love this post I actually have too lol I went in deleted 80% of my friends and now just use it to share pictures with my family :D MFP has so many wonderful positive people. Thanks for posting xoxoxoxox
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    friends with benefits. heh heh
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Haha - I totally love this! I found the same thing (still do but I'm not quite as obssessed anymore). This site is addicting and I love it!
  • sent4rmabove23
    Options
    I am cheating on FB too and I love it!
  • nads2184
    nads2184 Posts: 124
    Options
    OMG, this is the TRUTH!!!!, girl do what you have to do, FB is international news!. Ihave also given up fb i just check an bounce, theres nothing i want to say to fb why, cause people are do caught up in BS sorry for my language. I find on mfp I can be ME and only ME and I know people dont hate or say bad stuff. Your friends will always be your freinds, but there are times in our lives were we need to DO US!!, whoever is there on the end of your journey are the ones who went through it with you. Dont give nobody the satisfaction of makiing you feel guilty of changing your lifestyle for the better. You serve happinessand you will succeed!
  • caroline150
    caroline150 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Haha...i agree I spend more time on here now too! I usually am on MFP's FB page when I do go on.
  • Lola0422
    Lola0422 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This place is a lot more positive! :flowerforyou:
  • alfredapittman
    alfredapittman Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    LOL...so am I. MFP is my new social networking love.
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Options
    Lol, Facebook is so selfish!
  • Justcallmejenny
    Options
    me too!
  • Jillyrabbit
    Options
    I was thinking this...lol...I did try to convert some to come here, but to no avail. Love the environment here so much better!
  • evangpattismith
    evangpattismith Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    lol....this is great...i'm still getting on fb, we use it for our ministry to keep in contact with people and let them know when we're going to be ministering somewhere, and all my friends are christians, but i still find there is so much stupid drama.....i find myself staying more and more on MFP. it rocks!!!!
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    I too am in the same boat. I prefer this friend much more. This friend supports me and cheers me on. FB just lets me down because there is never anything interesting and few who cheer me on like here.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    yep i think it happens to everyone who encounters mfp
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I totally understand this. My MFP friends are way more cheerful and supportive. Half my facebook friends look the other way if they see me out! Too funny.
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I totally understand this. My MFP friends are way more cheerful and supportive. Half my facebook friends look the other way if they see me out! Too funny.
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    I used to be a twitter addict. Was on it all day everyday....Since signing up with MFP 70 days ago, I have logged on to Twitter twice. :happy: