Over 40 and ready to change? Let's do this together!

Options

Replies

• miacaz02
    miacaz02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tough day today as coworkers brought in cookies and junk food, and I held it together and walked away! Weighing myself tomorrow since it's been one week.... stay tuned!
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join in if I can. I'm 45 and did well with MFP a few years ago losing 60 lbs; but, 20 have found me again. It's time for me to start logging again and having accountabilibuddies will be a huge asset as well.

Babysteps for me: first goal 10lbs

CW: 180
    GW: 170
    UGW: 150

Feel free to add me for support!!

• Mrsmiller0422
    Mrsmiller0422 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in not only do I need to lose weight for my health. I want to be able to buy a regular size wedding dress. My fiance loves me for me but I would love to WOW him on our day.
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I turned 40 this year and am going to lose 40lbs in the long run.. My job is sedentary so my goal is to move a minimum of 30 mins, 5 days a week. I am eating at 1200 cals (to lose 1lb/week at my height) and I have been on MFP for almost 60 days. Slow and steady wins the race! Add me if you're a positive person!
  • Pnuttiest
    Pnuttiest Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    miacaz02 wrote: »
    Tough day today as coworkers brought in cookies and junk food, and I held it together and walked away! Weighing myself tomorrow since it's been one week.... stay tuned!

Nice job Miacaz02. That was my problem in December. There were cookies every day. I grab the fat on my belly an remind myself that I would rather have a better body.
  • miacaz02
    Options
    Lost 5 pounds so I'm on my way with 45 more to go!
  • miacaz02
    Options
    Anyone else have a success to share?
  • anthonyntinaj
    anthonyntinaj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me.
    Height : 5'7"
    Need to lose: 50 lbs
  • Kitzey
    Options
    Great job Miacaz!

Day 1 trying to get back on track wasn't as successful as I had hoped. It's about choices, I think I will start with having better choices prepared and portioned. Recently I have had to cut dairy, wheat and eggs out of my diet due to allergies; and, foods I found I can have are getting boring and I'm choosing comfort food over healthy food.

Goal for the day: Making choices that will yield positive results inside and out :)

• tsteilberg
    tsteilberg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I have to loose 40 lbs. Does anyone have the Striiv app for the bio fusion fitness tracker? I'm looking for friends to help motivate me get my 10,000 steps a day. I work in an office behind a computer all day and its not an easy task to get that many steps.
  • ummibrahimk
    ummibrahimk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in June and am looking to have some accountability and to find some MFP friends to make it easier to be consistent in my logging. I'd like to lose 70lbs and am coming off of a round of taking Prednisone (horrible steroid that causes weight gain and messes with appetite) for an autoimmune condition. Just starting logging accurately today and I'm not going to let health problems derail weight loss.

I managed to get in 45 minutes on the elliptical today, which is a huge victory because of how little energy I have. Woot!
  • leesea1968
    leesea1968 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've lost 13 lbs since November and I want to lose a total of 50. Good luck everyone!!! We can do this!!
  • mayh11
    mayh11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, my group. I am posting trying to stay at 1600 calories and exercise 4 days a week at least. Look forward to meeting you and all the group. Drop me a line. Holly
  • Imomw2016
    Imomw2016 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 - I am going to lose 20 lbs. You're right - we got this!!
  • lagalton
    lagalton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    49 here...so how does this work exactly? Is there a grouup to join? A bit confused.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. My success for the first week of January is that I signed up with a gym yesterday. I want to go at least 3 times a week. My favorite aspect of this gym is that they also offer aqua classes, although I didn't try it out yet. Also I can bring a guest to train as they wish from Friday to Sunday. This means I can drag my kicking and screaming daughter with me :D she needs to move more.

I am happy to report that I have lost 2.2 kg this week, I know it is just a one off but it encouraged me to keep on going.

I will mark this thread as my favorite and try to post something here ad there.

How is everybody? Anything interesting happening or has happened this week?
    Write down whatever thoughts you have. It is a good way to get involved :)
  • miacaz02
    Options
    Great job everyone, we are on our way! Making the right food choices and getting our butts from in front of the TV (my problem), will begin our change. I have been working out 3-4 times these past 2 weeks and i feel tons better. Great support!
  • Slim2fitit
    Slim2fitit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Only just noticed this but I'd like to join please. First challenge I've done but here goes!
  • Kitzey
    Options
    I had a great day yesterday, under my calorie goal and I finally got off my butt and put in a workout.

Today will be another great day!
  • PMPB07
    PMPB07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Would love to make new friends in this group. Losing weight over forty has been really difficult. Been working out with a trainer regularly since October 2015. Lost 20 inches and 10 pounds. I feel amazing but still have a ways to go...Good luck and Happy Saturday to all here....add me.... :)