Any beer drinkers?

Options

Replies

• kyladee50
    kyladee50 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm more into a stronger, stiffer type cocktail, which I know I should not be doing right now. Not because of the alcohol which I really wish I had sometimes, but the munching I do afterwards! I eat whatever is there and the next day realize I blew my diet, so I guess I better stay off the sauce lol.
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ccrow1221r wrote: »
    125 calories in a Guiness.

At a 1200 calorie budget this is what I do too. I love the big Imperial stouts. North Coast Old Rasputin is my favorite but I save that for special occasions. I can usually save enough calories for a Guinness....or two

I just can't. Do. Light. Beer. I would rather go beerless

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    LETS HAVE ONE NOW!! ADD ME DRINKERS!/
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I love beer! I do give up a snack for a beer here and there. Last night I was like, do I eat the roll I was going to treat myself with or have that beer...yeah beer won :D
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    ccrow1221r wrote: »
    125 calories in a Guiness.

This!! ^^^^^^
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Love, Love, Love, me some good beer!! I find a way to fit it in or I just go over anyway :) I generally go for Belgium-style wheats and farmhouse ales. One of my new go-to's is this:

qfigxlv3im8n.jpg
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I love craft beer, but I've pretty much cut it from my diet because well I like food more! I have a beer on occasion or if my husband finds something nummy we will split it. That way I can get a taste without the added 200 calories. I don't really drink for a buzz anymore like I did in college, so this works for me.
  • doryalvarenga72
    doryalvarenga72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We should start a beer group! ;)
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes... love craft beer. Even got married at a local brewery :) I agree about it not really hindering progress, if you keep everything within your calories. I've been splurging way too much on craft beer among other things over the holidays (i.e. NOT within my calorie goal!!). I will still enjoy them on a weekly basis but will definitely be limiting my intake!

... and I am also on Untappd... unique beer count at 862! HAHA! I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of that number :P Whenever my husband and I travel, we love to hit up whatever local breweries we can.
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    I live in Germany now, so of course I drink beer. I do have to be careful, though. The carbs alone can kill any fitness and nutrition plan!i4abgdlxz4tt.jpg
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    eganita wrote: »
    Yes... love craft beer. Even got married at a local brewery :) I agree about it not really hindering progress, if you keep everything within your calories. I've been splurging way too much on craft beer among other things over the holidays (i.e. NOT within my calorie goal!!). I will still enjoy them on a weekly basis but will definitely be limiting my intake!

... and I am also on Untappd... unique beer count at 862! HAHA! I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of that number :P Whenever my husband and I travel, we love to hit up whatever local breweries we can.

were-not-worthy.png
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My husband is Chef at a local (upper end) micro-brewery. So, you know... free food, and free beer. :open_mouth:
    I'm a beer drinker. And a foodie. :)
    That could contribute to my minimum two hours per day of intentional exercise!!!
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Love craft beer, especially IPAs, and it's worth it to me to go over my calories sometimes to have a few really good ones. I don't drink every day or even close to it but once or twice a week I'd rather go with what I love! I love Sculpin, and Graprefruit Sculpin, pretty much anything Lagunitas makes, Founders, Stone, Troegs (local), it's my jam!
  • machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    The only reason I work out is so I can drink beer. I have a 1270 calorie I just do maintenance though.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I'm Gl110197 on untappd if anyone wants to connect.

I was fairly happy with my 443 distinct beers and 627 check-ins, but @eganita has given me something to shoot for!
  • machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I'm Gl110197 on untappd if anyone wants to connect.

I was fairly happy with my 443 distinct beers and 627 check-ins, but @eganita has given me something to shoot for!

I am machelle06 on Untapped. 505 check ins 159 distinct beers. I am slowly climbing up now that my friend owns a liquor store. He orders me all kinds of craft beer to try.
  • wowser5
    wowser5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love beer and can drink a lot of it. I like craft beer, but drink Miller Lite usually so I can have more beers for less calories. I usually can fit them into my calorie count, but I find I want to eat after I consumed them.
  • agirlcalledrinn
    agirlcalledrinn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Active untappd-er here and homebrewer. I allow myself a few every other week or so. I found that denying myself lead to overdoing it when I allowed it. I work it into my calories, BUT when you're drinking your liver burns alcohol rather than fat, so no, not too often and I generally shave 100-200 calories off my cheat day on weeks when I drink. I found I could get more tastes if a friend and I split a few bottles, which would satisfy my curiosity and make me feel like I had enjoyed myself. This also makes my friend happy, so it works.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I make room for beer, but I don't drink it anywhere near as often as I used to. I can easily consume half of my day's calories in beers.

A lot of runners love beer. At least one of the races I have done you got free beer at the end. I did a half marathon along the Hood River this summer, and the packet pick up was IN A BREWERY. :) After the race we all did a tour of the breweries in the area.

It's like anything else, if you like it then find a way to make it work.
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    We've got some really good craft beers here in CT. Some of my fave's - Lawson's sip of sunshine, Grey Sail Brewing Company - Captain's daughter, Pallet Mallet, G Bot (Formerly Ghandi Bot), Two Roads - Road 2 Ruin. All IPA's and heavy calorie content. I try to limit myself to drinking them only on the weekends or one or two at a clip if they fit in my allotted calories.