Thoughts on Intermittent Fasting?

Options
Any thoughts on this? It works well on my end, but i want to hear other people success on this?

Replies

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Yes, check out the various IF groups on here.
  • Body_Remap
    Body_Remap Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Know people who have used it with a lot of success, alongside carb backloading.

I'm doing IF at the minute on week 1.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I've used it with great success. The endocrinologist at my doc's practice uses it for those with insulin resistance with great success. It's also used now with the diatician at the hospital I work at. It's been medically proven to work with helping control blood sugars in those who are pre diabetic
  • adelinue
    adelinue Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It sounds interesting. I'm kinda used to a more brutal way of fasting (Ramadan) so this shouldn't be too hard, however can you still workout as intensly? I mean, the window of eating looks small. I want to start weight lifting, would I still be able to do so with IF?
  • Luciiisekk
    Luciiisekk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just drink BBcaa if you want to do weights :) couldn't live without iifym and intermittent fasting.recommended it :/
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau that lasted about 3 months and need to find a why to jump start my weight loss again. So I'm doing a little take on intermittent fasting. I eat my last meal before 7pm then I don't have breakfast till after 9am the next morning. It's working for me! I still eat with in my calorie allotment.
  • southportmom2fab5
    southportmom2fab5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Huge fan! I'm almost 50, post menopausal, prediabetic, hypothyroid and have tried everything under the sun. I lost 16lbs between Sept 1-end of October effortlessly then lost my focus and gained 10 back over the holidays. I've decided this is going to be a lifestyle for me now. I believe working out (20 minutes of run/walk intervals) on an empty stomach but with plenty of energy was the game changer for me.
  • BeautyNovice
    BeautyNovice Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's a way of life for me. Absolutely love it!!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I started 5:2 this week. I cut my calories to 500 on fast days, 2 days out of the week. The other days, I eat normal. I still make healthy choices. Can't really speak of neg or pro just yet because this IS my first week. But, I can share that I love/hate my fast days. I hate the part that I can't eat as much. But, I like having control over my hunger. And, on my non-fast days, I have paid attention to when I am really hungry or if I am just eating out of habit, like, it's morning, I must eat breakfast. And, on my fast days, I have saved my largest meal the last meal. I have noticed that I enjoy my food so much more. I guess, I appreciate it more?? Don't know. I will see where this takes me.
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Tried it wasnt for me could not function well and felt too restricted so abandoned it
    Food should not be something to fear nor fanatically controlled over food
    I joined this forum and mfp to relearn my attitude towards eating i think we develop this disordered thinking about food later in life theres no joy or gratitude
    I want to live life
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Without being afraid of food is that so hard to do
  • longlostyeti
    longlostyeti Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Tried it wasnt for me could not function well and felt too restricted so abandoned it
    Food should not be something to fear nor fanatically controlled over food
    I joined this forum and mfp to relearn my attitude towards eating i think we develop this disordered thinking about food later in life theres no joy or gratitude
    I want to live life

You can still live life with Intermittent fasting, its one of the best way to loose weight and still enjoy the foods you loved. Again loosing weight is not about the Calories you eat, but its Energy Balance/Nutrition
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    18:6 works well with my nature rhythms. I am doing it because it is the easiest thing I found.
    If it were even a little bit hard, I would not be doing it.
  • longlostyeti
    longlostyeti Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    18:6 works well with my nature rhythms. I am doing it because it is the easiest thing I found.

Yes we are all different and if you get used to it, you can actually take it further. 20/4 works well for me now yes only 4 hours eating window. But then again i am not strict on that eating window and if i want to enjoy life ill eat. I am actually weight lifting so Carbbackloading/Intermittent fasting works very well for me.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »

Yes we are all different and if you get used to it, you can actually take it further. 20/4 works well for me now yes only 4 hours eating window. I am actually weight lifting so Carbbackloading/Intermittent fasting works very well for me.
    'Sounds great. Keep having fun B)

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It does not appeal to me because I'd find a higher calorie day would be a slippery slope for me.

Best for me if I just eat at my calorie limit every day for life.