"It works" products?

Options
Has anyone heard of these? Has anyone tried them? I'm constantly seeing people on my social media doing the wraps and the results are amazing in as little as 48hrs.

Replies

• jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they don't work.

You might lose some water weight but it will be right back.

Save your money.
  • ArmstrongSabrina
    ArmstrongSabrina Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! That's exactly what I was thinking would happen. To get results that fast seemed kinda fishy to me
  • nbliss86
    nbliss86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Take it from me, don't waste your $!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    There is nothing that you can wrap your body in that will make you burn fat on the inside.

It will likely cause you to lose some water weight in the short term but increasing your water intake could do that.

Save yo money.
  • ArmstrongSabrina
    Options
    I am sooo glad I asked this question. Just saved $25! Thank you everyone
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work. :smile:
    But folks have been trying it for years! I remember mums down the street doing it with saran wrap when I was a kid.
  • mindysoo
    mindysoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie - I did have good results with the wraps (no, I am not selling them) but I am too in love with good ol' working out :)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I am sooo glad I asked this question. Just saved $25! Thank you everyone

Yes!!!! Someone who listens to sound advice!!!!!!

tumblr_lp08k0Z55n1qlqfsf.gif
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard of these? Has anyone tried them? I'm constantly seeing people on my social media doing the wraps and the results are amazing in as little as 48hrs.

I like to use https://examine.com/ to research stuff before I buy it.

Anything that has "amazing results in little to no time" that isn't an illegal drug is fake 100% of the time.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    mindysoo wrote: »
    I'm not going to lie - I did have good results with the wraps (no, I am not selling them) but I am too in love with good ol' working out :)

Good results? For how long?
  • ArmstrongSabrina
    Options
    That's how I'm feeling. I love to workout and I'd be so proud to get my results from doing things the old fashioned way and not from help of the latest "trend".
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    they work but its a short term effect - so if you had an event that you needed to look a few pound lighter for - go for it. it does NOT work for long term results and a lot of their sales reps peddle VERY bad bro science weight loss advice.

that said, they do have some supplements i DO like - HSN - for hair skin and nails is awesome :)
  • mindysoo
    mindysoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Good results? For how long?

It's hard to say because I got really into working out consistently - it was a motivator for me because I wanted to STAY looking like that!
  • ArmstrongSabrina
    Options
    I've seen either the wraps or all of these waist trainers but that looks harmful to your insides and uncomfortable :/ not going to lie, I do get the urge to try it but I'm glad I'm hearing the negatives about it. I appreciate all of the honesty! Definitely going to do things the old fashioned way.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    As others have said, they work fine for a one day event...like if you need to drop water weight/bloat to look great in a dress but as soon as you drink water again, you gain the inches right back. It is not a long term solution and does nothing to help you lose fat.
  • machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I don't use the wraps but I do use their carb inhibitor (fat fighter). I like when I travel and have to eat out. Helps diminish bloating and not pack on the carbs.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    machelle04 wrote: »
    I don't use the wraps but I do use their carb inhibitor (fat fighter). I like when I travel and have to eat out. Helps diminish bloating and not pack on the carbs.

*facepalm* No.

The very fact that it's called "It Works" should generally tell you it doesn't. Glad you didn't fall for it, OP!
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    machelle04 wrote: »

... couldn't you just not eat the thing or split it into 2 meals. You really don't know how much of anything its doing anyway so you still need to log the whole food.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    jhall260 wrote: »
    Yeah, they don't work.

You might lose some water weight but it will be right back.

Save your money.

One of the worst named products.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    "It Works" to suck the money out of your wallet. The only benefits are to the people selling the products.