Quitting Sugars in 2016 - Anyone with me??

Options
124»

Replies

• HappyChick2016
    HappyChick2016 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm in, looking to give up all processed sugars and substitutes. The only ones I'll will still include are naturally occurring ones e.g. Fruit etc.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    Managed at t 9 gms of sugar yesterday!! But boy, I sure wanted to eat one of the candy kisses my daughter bought. But I knew if I did, there would go the rest of the day!
  • jojin04
    jojin04 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me no sugars no processed food
  • jennygrace14
    jennygrace14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in! No sugars. Giving it up after the holidays is hard but I am looking forward to support and supporting others here.
  • xmikeyw
    xmikeyw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am in , did it for a while last summer starting tomorrow!
  • kmanrique321
    kmanrique321 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I've given up the refined sugar in foods (candy, sweetened drinks,etc). My overall sugar is less than 100 & is in fruits & veggies. Still don't want it over 100!!
  • finneyjason218
    finneyjason218 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I cut out sodas and juices back in late 2014. I missed them for a while, but now they don't seem appealing at all to me. Good luck everybody! You can do it, and you will feel better for having done it!
  • Swanangel15
    Swanangel15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've quit soda for months now and I don't even crave it like I used too. Right now I'm on a 7-day no (added) sugar challenge and I'm four days it and I've discovered that I like veggies a lot more than I use too.

My only problem is, my brain keeps nagging me. Saying that I've lost weight and I should weigh myself. I know that I've only started and that if I weigh myself, I would feel discouraged. Good thing I do not own a scale at home.

Good luck to you guys.
  • ThisIsRockNRoll
    ThisIsRockNRoll Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Way ahead of you! I follow the Ketogenic Diet, so I don't eat carbohydrates (well, no more than 25 g of net carbs) anymore. Yay Protein and Healthy Fats! Bacon is my new best friend =]
  • conniesoper
    conniesoper Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    leahmc82 wrote: »
    I have a love/hate relationship with carbs. I was my healthiest I have ever been when I was pregnant with my daughter and diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I was able to control with diet and once I had her I ended up weighing less than I did before I got pregnant. The nutritionalist suggested no more than 30 carbs per meal and no more than 10 carbs per snack. Doing the finger sticks really opened my eyes to what foods raise my blood sugar. For example, quinoa which is very healthy raises my sugars through the roof! I would have never thought! My main goal is to get back to the lower carb diet so that I don't get diabetes as I now have a higher risk, and lose some weight in the process.
    How do you join a challenge? I'm new and don't know how to follow this challenge. Thank you!

What is "the finger sticks"?
  • conniesoper
    conniesoper Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can i still join!? Just learned im prediabetic, and sugar addict, so really need to make this change . hate how im feeling after eating! Need a nutrition makeover!
  • imamomwifedaughter
    Options
    I have a sugar problem...I drink sodas & love pastries, donuts, breads, any type of sweet. For the new year, I want to quit drinking sodas all together & drastically cut down on the sweets. Sodas (actually Coca Cola) is my real nemesis.

Anyone want to join me & we can post on this thread our struggles & our victories. I need help & I am sure there are others like me here!!

Let's quit the sodas & sugars in 2016, ya'll!!

Hi, can I still join?