any filling snacks that are not popcorn or nuts?

Options
Anyone have any really good snacks that do not contain nuts or popcorn or seeds? I have diverticulitis (sp) and am tired of pretzels and carrots. Anything without too much sugar too. Am limiting my fruit too. Thank you!

Replies

• saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Crackers do the job for me great! With a little salsa they make a nice light snack!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I find that if I have a little fat and protein, I stay full longer. Things that would fit into your criteria would be ham with avocado or cream cheese, Greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, an English muffin with turkey...all of my other go tos have fruit or nuts...
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Edamame? Cottage cheese/Greek yogurt? Rice cakes/vegetables with hummus? Sugar free jello? Meat rollups (deli meat wrapped around a pickle/cheese stick with some cream cheese)?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-tos are: string cheese, hard boiled eggs, beef or turkey jerky, wasabi peas, cottage cheese, hummus (usually with veggies or pretzel thins), apples & peanut butter, Greek yogurt, & fudge pops or ice cream bars (whichever fit my calories/macros best)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I hope it is diverticulosis and not a diverticulitis attack. I have diverticulosis and I found I was sensitive to certain foods (potatoes). Avoid potatoes, no attacks. But I suspect the go, no-go foods are highly individual.

How about bread?
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg or an ounce of cheese. Protein tends to work for me.
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Traveling_Kimw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese wedge with a few crackers or apples. I also love a stick of cheese with grapes. When trying to get more protein I will take a slice of cheese and wrap ham or turned around it. I bring that to work in my lunchbox and it does the 3:00 trick while everyone else heads to the vending machine.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Kraft Cracker Barrel does these snack size cheese packages. An individual portion is about 80 calories, with 5g of protein and 0g carbs. And they are individually wrapped so no measuring needed!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Tuna and crackers and string cheese.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I usually have an apple and some cheese or Greek yogurt.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes (either white cheddar or with a little peanut butter (or soy butter if you're avoiding nut products) jam or chocolate spread on top, snap peas, greek yogurt, fruit salad (especially melon), oven baked potato wedges, scrambled eggs with veggies thrown in, oatmeal.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with a little fruit (usually fresh pineapple) and a handful of chocolate chips.
  • tracykreczmer
    tracykreczmer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    saitiffeh wrote: »
    Crackers do the job for me great! With a little salsa they make a nice light snack!

I have both forgot about salsa ty!
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    I find that if I have a little fat and protein, I stay full longer. Things that would fit into your criteria would be ham with avocado or cream cheese, Greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, an English muffin with turkey...all of my other go tos have fruit or nuts...

Great idea I do have boiled ham and yogurt in my fridge ty!!
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Edamame? Cottage cheese/Greek yogurt? Rice cakes/vegetables with hummus? Sugar free jello? Meat rollups (deli meat wrapped around a pickle/cheese stick with some cream cheese)?

Oh wow haven't had cottage cheese since my twenties another great idea..on my grocery list!
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    google recipe for one minute flax seed muffin. Since the flax is ground, possibly you could tolerate it. It is very filling and relatively healthy with tons of fiber.
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    kkibbles wrote: »
    Laughing cow cheese wedge with a few crackers or apples. I also love a stick of cheese with grapes. When trying to get more protein I will take a slice of cheese and wrap ham or turned around it. I bring that to work in my lunchbox and it does the 3:00 trick while everyone else heads to the vending machine.

Saw this headed for my fridge..actually had some as my daughter loved it..a wedge and three crackers were under 100 cals ty!
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    Kraft Cracker Barrel does these snack size cheese packages. An individual portion is about 80 calories, with 5g of protein and 0g carbs. And they are individually wrapped so no measuring needed!

Was looking at some soy cheese..much rather have real cheese..love that they are wrapped no cheating ty!
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    Tuna and crackers and string cheese.

Another great idea..and I love your name..I am sooo d*@! Hungry!
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »

Hummus forgot about that!! Ty so much!