Thoughts on Jillian Michaels..? Do you have/love any books or dvd's by her..?

Options
13»

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    adiafaith wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Podcasts? I LOVE podcasts. Fitness ones I like include The Fitcast (different formats over the years, currently interviews with usually interesting people in fitness -- more of a lifting bias), the Nia Shanks show (also more lifting, some food stuff), The Age Grouper (old triathlon podcast), the Marathon Show, RunnersConnect, EvilSugarRadio (jokey title), SigmaNutrition, StrengthMatters, and GirlsGoneWOD. HalfSizeMe seems decent -- the host was a guest on Nia Shanks earlier version of her podcast, Lift Like a Girl. Some of these I don't listen to in their entirety, but if the guest/topic seems good.

Love Nia Shanks! HalfSizeMe I started listening to after she was on LLaG - it's ok, usually pretty decent. Thanks for listing your favorites - I'm always looking for new ones!

I have done a few of her lifting programs and had awesome results and loved them.
  • eternalone88
    eternalone88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have the body revolution series and I love it! There is the Beginner version and more advanced. I'm sure once you start you'll get used to it.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Her workouts are solid, if you can ignore her being a donkey. After I have learned the routine's I mute her and put on my own music. The books, like it was already mentions, you can get the information free online.
  • stefanyjoy
    stefanyjoy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have done many of her DVDs in the past and they are excellent. Her personality takes some getting used to, but my favorite DVD of hers is No More Trouble Zones. Really hits all muscle groups and burns calories. It is the best comprehensive workout around.

For straight calorie burning, try Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I used to use that one before or after a calorie splurge.
  • MSH2930
    MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    stefanyjoy wrote: »
    I have done many of her DVDs in the past and they are excellent. Her personality takes some getting used to, but my favorite DVD of hers is No More Trouble Zones. Really hits all muscle groups and burns calories. It is the best comprehensive workout around.

For straight calorie burning, try Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I used to use that one before or after a calorie splurge.

Thanks for the rec's!! :smiley:
  • MSH2930
    MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies!! As always, I wish MFP had like buttons for replies!! :smile: