What did you have for dinner tonight that was super healthy AND crazy delicious??

Options
I would love to hear what everyone else is eating. I'm trying lots of new recipes, and would love to share and find some new ones too!
I started back "on track" last Monday and decided to cut out sugar, caffeine, white flour, alcohol, and dairy at least for a week just to reboot after the holiday. It was easier than I thought, and never had a headache.
Here's what I cooked for dinner tonight! From Inspiralized!
http://inspiralized.com/2014/12/09/one-pot-basque-chicken-with-red-potato-noodles/#more-18397

Replies

• maaaasha
    maaaasha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Not sure what I'll have tonight but yesterday it was skinless boneless chicken breast (seasoned with Mrs.Dash) and roasted Brussels sprouts with EVOO and garlic. So good!
  • jillcockerham
    jillcockerham Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I LOVE brussel sprouts! I made them recently roasted in a cast iron pan, cut side down in a little bit of olive oil, then added some pineapple and gochucang (sp?)...that Korean chili paste. Super tasty!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,145 Member
    Options
    Chicken stir-fry, served with mushrooms, onions, broccoli, sweet peas, and red peppers over a bed of rice.
  • maaaasha
    maaaasha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I LOVE brussel sprouts! I made them recently roasted in a cast iron pan, cut side down in a little bit of olive oil, then added some pineapple and gochucang (sp?)...that Korean chili paste. Super tasty!

That Korean chilli paste sounds yummy. How does it compare to sriracha, taste wise? I'd like to try out new sauces/pastes.

• texaszeke
    texaszeke Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Homemade Salisbury steak with mushroom gravy over jasmine rice. Turned out well. Cooked in the crock pot for 5 hrs.
  • CNACHEFCHAZZ
    CNACHEFCHAZZ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    broiled homemade light crab cake w/ mixed greens.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Salsa chicken cooked in the crockpot, Mexican Rice from the Skinny Ms site, and seasoned pinto beans. Lots of protein and flavor!
  • owlprincess1234
    owlprincess1234 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made chicken burgers on toasted buns! Added ground chicken, minced onions, jalapeño, peppers with salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, onion and garlic powder. Each burger was only 130cals for the patty, topped with a little cheese, onions and salsa. Corn on the cob, carrots and green beans as a side.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Smoked mackerel and spaghetti squash with peppers and mushrooms
  • jillcockerham
    Options
    Wow! Some great sounding recipes and thanks for some delicious ideas for meal planning next week.

The Korean chili paste is a little different from Sirancha, a different kind of spicy, and very thick, and maybe just a little sweeter too. I got a tub of it at an Asian market. I think you can order it from Amazon too. I also made a great brussel sprout/tofu stirfry the other night from Bon Appetit's food lover's cleanse (2015, I believe). Really tasty!!
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I had this tonight, it's a family favorite. I love skinnytaste I cook a lot of her recipes http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/12/crock-pot-chicken-enchilada-soup.html
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti with meat sauce (made with sauce, extra lean ground beef, onion, and button mushrooms). It's a comfort food for me :)
  • jillcockerham
    Options
    I love that website too! Everything I've tried from that site has been great. Love those zucchini boats with chicken sausage and tomato sauce.
    I had this tonight, it's a family favorite. I love skinnytaste I cook a lot of her recipes http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/12/crock-pot-chicken-enchilada-soup.html

• katzenfluff
    katzenfluff Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oven baked chicken fajitas. Lots of green and red pepper strips, sliced onion and chicken, a can of Rotel. All seasoned up with cumin , chili powder, oregano, garlic, smoked paprika and a little salt. Will add green chiles and cayenne next time to kick it up a bit.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It was lazy scrambled eggs night tonight so I had mine with leftover roasted peppers and onions, salsa, yogurt, avocado, cucumber, tomato, cheese, and lots of hot sauce. Normally I'd add lettuce too but couldn't be bothered to wash any tonight.
  • stranger2310
    stranger2310 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I made a delicious Spring Thai Green Curry from the blog Cookie and Kate - carrots, asparagus, onions, full-fat coconut milk, brown rice - the works! Also threw in some chicken breast, and it only came to around 400 calories! (I use low-calorie spray to save on the oil, I should note.)
  • midge_m
    midge_m Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I made zoodles topped with a lighter but still rich and yummy Bolognese sauce. And good parm.
  • Cheesasaur
    Cheesasaur Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower rice; curry with spinach, snap peas, and mushrooms; and pork belly :)
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I had a baked Cuban sweet potato, roasted beet, frozen peas, leftover roasted chicken drumstick, and a pumpkin spice greens drink. It may not sound fancy, but it was yummy and healthy!
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    6 ounce sirloin steak, blue cheese & heavy cream sauce, spinach. Keto life!