what does a typical breakfast look like for you?

Options

Replies

• Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    1 cup eggbeaters
    1 slice cheese
    1 cup Quaker Oat Squares
    2 cups of coffee with creamer
    Water (no limit) :smile:
    433 calories
  • DatsDonna
    DatsDonna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It varies. 2 hard-boiled or fried eggs with very lightly buttered whole grain toast, OR steel cut oats & almond milk with 2 hard boiled eggs OR my cheat breakfast, 2 fried eggs, 2 strips of bacon, grits or potatoes. If I am really rushed for time, cup of mott's applesauce paired with emerald 100 calorie pack almonds and walnuts. I try to make breakfast kind of large, fuel up so to speak.

• superlauren11
    superlauren11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It varies.
    Lately it's been Quaker instant oatmeal packet with 1/3 cup of vanilla unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbs of PB, and a banana. But a couple weeks ago it was a smoothie: 1 scoop mixed berry whey protein, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup water, 1 banana. On the weekends, I'll make eggs, bacon, and toast or have a veggie omelette with hashbrowns and toast from a local breakfast place (Tomorrow's breakfast.. yum!).
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    During the week some form of oatmeal, preferably steel cut, with yogurt and fruit. On the weekends I'll have an egg with toast. Sometimes I will make oatmeal pancakes with applesauce. I try to keep breakfast between 300 to 350 calories including a cup of tea with a teaspoon of honey and a little low fat milk (28 calories)

• nicoleaprilhardcastle
    Options
    1/2 c cottage cheese with 1 c strawberries
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    z5j31klgarff.jpg
    Turkey bacon and avocado egg wrap, or poached eggs with avocado, I eat a lot of eggs and avocado.
  • maaaasha
    maaaasha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    z5j31klgarff.jpg
    Turkey bacon and avocado egg wrap, or poached eggs with avocado, I eat a lot of eggs and avocado.

Omg that looks GOOD. And so simple!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    lately I've been obsessed with greek yogurt, fiber one and fruit, or french toast...

fRm9Xza.jpg

DWXcv06.jpg

J9VzYYw.jpg
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and granola
    Frittata
    Oatmeal or cream of rice
    Eggs and bacon
    Fruit and yogurt smoothies

Those are my usual options. I will have pancakes, waffles, breakfast potatoes, breakfast burritos, or french toast on occasion.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I do overnight oats with Greek yogurt, almond milk, kefir, chia/hemp/flax seed, berries & a hard boiled egg. Calorie count is around 400 calories or so, protein is around 25 grams.

On weekends I usually have 2 eggs, Canadian back bacon or Turkey bacon, mixed greens & other veg. I cook it in avocado oil or butter. Sometimes I include leftover sweet potato or regular potato. Calories again range around 400-500 calories. Protein around 25 -30 grams.
  • ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm just recently trying to change what I eat since I've gained a lot of weight.

Nowadays I'm trying to stick to 3 of:
    - Boiled broccoli, salted
    - 2 hard-boiled eggs
    - Coffee with creamer/plain tea
    - Wholegrain bread + sardine
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Usually a vegetable 2-egg omelet, with zucchini, asparagus or broccoli, plus spinach or kale or chard, a bit of feta, and occasionally mushrooms or onions. Plus either an additional protein source (cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or smoked salmon, most commonly) or on occasion, fruit.

When I want a change I either do dinner leftovers or have steel cut oatmeal + vanilla protein powder + berries, with some veg and occasionally an additional protein source on the side.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Water.

I don't eat breakfast.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    bco6z3qthdjg.jpg

Plain Greek Yogurt with pears, blueberries, chia seeds, hempseeds, buckwheatseeds, dried cranberries, and almonds. I train for around 2 hours everyday so I like huge breakfasts high in carbs and protein w/ minimal fats (60c/5f/50p).
  • starling01
    starling01 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1 packet of instant oatmeal - 150 calories
    2 cups coffee - 0
    2 packets no calorie sweetener - 0
    1 tbsp fat free half and half - 10 calories
    1/2 tbsp some kind of flavored creamer, sugar free or fat free - 10 calories or less depending

The same thing every day. I change to 1 boiled egg white and 2 pieces of 45 calorie toast, no butter or anything, and coffee, when the weather is warm.
  • Denkko
    Denkko Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal and a cup of coffee during the work week. Poached eggs, turkey bacon, rye toast and sliced tomatoes on weekends ... and the occasional Bloody Mary. :o)
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It depends. Coffee (always!) and if I'm in a rush protein pudding or Greek yogurt. Oatmeal sometimes. Bagel thin with cheese and deli meat and/or egg.

I've gotten some protein cereal that I'm trying today.
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I can't tolerate a big/heavy breakfast often so usually it's just a cup of coffee and a granola bar/banana/greek yogurt/handful of nuts.
  • skeen090
    skeen090 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    A couple of over medium eggs with some wheat toast and coffee - sometimes I'll have a glass of milk too for the extra protein. Seems to keep me full until it's time for lunch.