what does a typical breakfast look like for you?

Options

Replies

• superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Toast, half an avocado & a fried egg. Yum!tjlvc4n93z6u.jpg
  • ChocolateMjau
    ChocolateMjau Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    2 glasses of warm water with 2 tbsp of lemon juice and hot oatmeal (wholegrain oat, milk, water and cinnamon).
    Sometimes I choose millet instead of oatmeal. Very simple.. nothing special.
  • Davacado
    Davacado Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually make a smoothie 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup greens (spinach, chard, or Kale), whey, 1 table spoon of chia seeds, 1/2 cup of plain Chobani greek yogurt. On fast days it's 3 hard boiled eggs. This is good thread because I have gone back and forth a lot with this meal. I have had carb heavy (cereal and coffee cake), carb light egg whites and spinach with hot sauce, and everything in between. Since I am focusing more on mindful eating I don't eat right away if I am not hungry. I used to try get 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking via the slow carb diet.
  • owlprincess1234
    owlprincess1234 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Typical weekend breakfast! 2 eggs, chicken bacon, English muffin, and all the fruit!!! Coffee with hazelnut creamer to complete!
    m5l8xxwfr00w.jpeg
  • simplycidalia
    simplycidalia Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't always have breakfast (skip it if not hungry), but when I do, I aim for more protein and fewer carbs. I save my carbs for later in the day. Carbs tend to set me up for more hunger and cravings and crazy bloat.

So, when I do eat breakfast, it will usually involve some eggs, with or without a meat side (could be leftover dinner meat), and some sort of veg (in an omelette or on the side, like sauteed bell peppers, mushrooms...whatever).
  • eliza8897
    eliza8897 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I tsp PB, Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt-one of a few with no artificial sweeteners, 3 eggs, 3 turkey sausage links-524 calories and 37 grams of protein. Holds me through until late dinner since I work mid-shift
  • Talanch
    Talanch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A protein drink and a big fruit smoothie with ground flax seeds.

I used to have to get up at 4am every day to be at work at 5.30. That's too early to have the energy to chew, but at the same time I knew I had to eat something because my first break would be after 11 (I worked in a kitchen, where eating meant breaking food hygiene protocol = getting fired).
    The habit stuck even now in my new 9-5 job.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Coffee
    2 eg
    Tomato
    Avocado
    Cheese
    Wasa crispbreeas or Melba toast
    Hymalian pink salt and pepper
    Sometimes I add bacon or sausage or ham steak.
  • stevepoling
    stevepoling Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My Breakfast is a protein shake of 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, red raspberries, banana, peaches, and when available cranberries. Add an ounce of milled flax seed and chia seeds. Plus bodylogix whey powder and 1 cup skim milk. All the fruit is hella carbs and lots of nutrition. I put it on Fiber One cereal and that's so big a breakfast I save half the shake to put on cereal for the next day. I nuke the frozen fruits to make them soft enough to blend or use fresh fruits in season.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    just about everyday (if im not making homemade eggs benny):
    organic toasted ciabatta
    avocado and tomotao
    little fresh shaved parm put under the broiler
    wild arugula with olive oil and balsamic.
    its my favorite everrr
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    during the week, mcdonalds- yogurt parfait or about half a sausage egg cheese mcmuffin lol
  • Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Sez3199 wrote: »
    1/2 a cup of full fat greek yoghurt plus ~150 - 160g banana (around half the banana), 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, and 25g fresh raspberries.
    262 calories
    15.8g protein
    31.5g carbs
    10g fat

Also, would it be possible to get the recipe for this:
    1/4 of a crustless quiche. 150 calories
    9ycklqyk0zfh.jpg

It looks absolutely sensational!

I seriously can't be arsed to get up and make anything like this
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually a slice of plain bread or if I will be eating more carbs later in the day I will do a bowl of egg beaters.
  • awholenewworld
    awholenewworld Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Two eggs with spinach and a serving of fruit with green tea with lemon and ginger
    Or...
    1 serving of steel cut oats made with water, loads of cinnamon, one packet of truvia and a half cup of frozen blueberries again with green tea with lemon and ginger.
  • jeff16201
    jeff16201 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat my biggest meal of the day in the morning, I always include a starchy food for quick energy to get my body going for my day. Vegetables or Fruit is important also, this especially benefits someone who works out with weights pretty regularly. I add pea protein on almost everything I eat, protein helps keep us full and is important if you wish to muscle development. Protein, Starchy food and a fruit and vegetable is a good breakfast.
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Eggs, large coffee..tortillas, beans and finely chopped onions. Sometimes french bread and tomato and sausage.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'll either eat oatmeal with a bit of brown sugar, or I'll make a kind of deconstructed omelet: 1 egg, 2 egg whites, spinach, onion, bacon (the microwave kind, chopped up). Tastes delicious!
  • jillianedwards
    jillianedwards Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    126 grams of egg whites
    2 large eggs
    125 grams of dry curd cottage cheese
    3 carbs 6 fat 42 protein
    Scramble the eggs then mix with the cottage cheese and put some hot sauce on top of it, keeps me quite full until lunch time!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    126 grams of egg whites
    2 large eggs
    125 grams of dry curd cottage cheese
    3 carbs 6 fat 42 protein
    Scramble the eggs then mix with the cottage cheese and put some hot sauce on top of it, keeps me quite full until lunch time!

Howd ou decide on 126g? :joy:
  • natedoglara
    natedoglara Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a 2-3 egg omelet with shredded cheese 1/4 cup, onions, peppers, mushrooms, maybe add salsa. Sometimes add a meat. Add me