Any teachers out there....

Options
123457»

Replies

• alicialatte13
    alicialatte13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Massachusetts teacher just seriously starting my journey..I would love to add some new friends! :)
  • grattracey91
    grattracey91 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sen teacher can I join ?... Need motivation.
  • EnduringEducator
    EnduringEducator Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great to see so many other teaching professionals here! I am a music teacher and administrative intern who has been on MFP for a little while but have just seriously started entering calories again. Feel free to send me a message to add as a friend if you want someone to get to know you and encourage you.
  • lorimartinwa
    lorimartinwa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I teach 1st grade and would love to hear from others too. :) Feel free to add me.

• misitaly1025
    misitaly1025 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi. It's me again. Feel free to add me. As teachers, what do you put your goal at? Lightly active or active? I walk around my room all day monitoring students and I'm on the second floor so take the stairs to get to my classroom and go to lunch, PE, etc. What do you put and what do you recommend I put? Is this something we should change come weekends? Because weekends I feel I'm hardly active grading papers, lesson planning, laundry, and watching tv except maybe getting treadmill here and there. Please advise. Thanks!
  • oh_otterpop
    oh_otterpop Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a paraeducator at a small school. I sit at a desk for way too much of my day, but I've recently started doing yoga with some groups of kids, so I get to be a little more active at work :) I also have been eating school lunches, but am starting to try to bring my own on the super unhealthy/gross days. Anyone can add me if they're looking for more MFP friends!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Hi. It's me again. Feel free to add me. As teachers, what do you put your goal at? Lightly active or active? I walk around my room all day monitoring students and I'm on the second floor so take the stairs to get to my classroom and go to lunch, PE, etc. What do you put and what do you recommend I put? Is this something we should change come weekends? Because weekends I feel I'm hardly active grading papers, lesson planning, laundry, and watching tv except maybe getting treadmill here and there. Please advise. Thanks!

I always put mine at lightly active, and it evens out on your not so active days. You could also wear a pedometer and add walking to your cardio log, anything you do over 10000 steps.
  • chalkfingers
    chalkfingers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5th grade math teacher,
  • relez
    relez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi All, an Aussie Science teacher here who is going to lose 23kg in 2016. Yo-yoed around on MFP for the past couple of years but haven't done it properly by joining the community and seeking the support I need. Happy to be part of this teacher support network if you'll have me.

Yay for science teachers! What areas do you teach?
  • relez
    relez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a high school science teacher. I've taught math as well when we were short a math teacher. Love how friendly everyone seems!
  • koffeekakes
    koffeekakes Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am a 3rd/4th (we loop with our kids) grade teacher from upstate NY! I've also just joined MFP like 2 or 3 days ago. No idea how to add friends or anything like that, but I'm definitely getting the hang of food & exercise tracking so YAY ME!!! Lol. I'm looking to lose about 20-25lbs and definitely tone up. It would be great to have support on here from teachers who can relate, and I can be supportive too! Need a pencil? Some scrap paper (show your work!)? A post-it note? Directions to the nearest coffee maker??? I'm your girl!
  • hmdiaz76
    hmdiaz76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me too!

I am a high school special ed math teacher at an alternative school. Not a lot of kids, but lots of work still! I find it so hard to get into a good routine since it gets wrecked during vacations.
  • koffeekakes
    Options
    Hello! I'm a paraeducator at a small school. I sit at a desk for way too much of my day, but I've recently started doing yoga with some groups of kids, so I get to be a little more active at work :) I also have been eating school lunches, but am starting to try to bring my own on the super unhealthy/gross days. Anyone can add me if they're looking for more MFP friends!

I lost a bunch of weight once I stopped sitting as much! It's funny, I never realized how much I opted to sit when I could've been standing! I have my students keep me in check too; lol they're awesome. They'll remind me not to sit and to drink my water (they know how I loveeee my coffee instead!) I also use the stairs now whenever I can, walk the track for a few miles after work once a week with a colleague, and park far away in the lot. Bringing my lunches also helped me lose weight.. Our school actually serves mozzarella sticks as a lunch.. for real! That's the lunch! Yikes..
  • koffeekakes
    Options
    Massachusetts teacher just seriously starting my journey..I would love to add some new friends! :)

Just starting my journey on MFP as well! I love Massachusetts but haven't been out that way in a minute. My family used to always vacation to Plymouth. And I used to work in Great Barrington back when I was in in high school. My brother is the manager of a snowboarding/skiing shop out there too. Not a skier myself (yet) but I bet that would burn some calories! Our winter is supposedly coming in February...
  • misitaly1025
    Options

I always put mine at lightly active, and it evens out on your not so active days. You could also wear a pedometer and add walking to your cardio log, anything you do over 10000 steps.

I have an iFit but somethings wrong with it that it doesn't sync to the app anymore. Is there a way to manually add my steps? My phone steps are not accurate.
  • misitaly1025
    Options

I have an iFit but somethings wrong with it that it doesn't sync to the app anymore. Is there a way to manually add my steps? My phone steps are not accurate.

Should I only log anything over 10,000 steps? Is that what your saying above? So don't count my steps unless over 10,000?
  • Misrav17
    Misrav17 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher too in NZ and while I'm still on break now I know that as soon as school starts I will get busy! So please add me as I will need all the inspiration and motivation I can get!! :)
  • nourrie
    nourrie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hawaii teacher here! Feel free to add me....