Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any non drinkers here?

Replies

• MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    I've never drank a drop of alcohol in all my 28 years and I don't plan to.....

That is so awesome! Wish I could say that.... Alchohol almost ruined my life and that's why I don't drink. That and to make God happy :)

COMPLETE NON-DRINKER HERE!
  • shellshell43
    shellshell43 Posts: 116
    Hate the taste- not worth the hangover- not worth the money..if I go out, I splurge on a coke...but occasional I will have a bloody mary...(virgin) because I do love the taste.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    I drink but very lightly. I've had one beer in 3 weeks. Never seems to fit into my allowance. Then I'm so tired at night I just can't stand the thought of liquid sapping what's left of my energy.

I will drink though and cut loose on occasion.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    I grew up Mormon and only had my first drink in the last couple of years. It is very rare that I will drink and I enjoy it a lot when I do, I just want it to remain a special indulge since I've made it this far in life without it being a regular thing. I can think of other better things I can spend my money and calories on.

I probably average 1-2 drinks a month. I've never gotten beyond tipsy. It doesn't sound fun to get drunk. Tipsy is fun for me, I enjoy just that bit of relaxation.
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    I probably have a glass of wine maybe once every few months....haven't been drunk since BEFORE I turned 21...go figure!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,223 Member
    I have been straight edge a few times in my life. This last run being 8 months with no drinks.

Great job!

I quit drinking in 2007 and since then I've probably had a 6 pack total.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    I mr awesome do not drink
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    I've always been pretty straight-edge myself. Definitely not a drinker. Honestly, I've never actually been drunk! I'll have a drink or two at a party or a wedding, but it never affects me and I don't want it to- so I don't see the point of doing it often. And that was even before I started calorie counting! :laugh:
  • Non-drinker here too!! I loved reading this topic!! Congrats to all the non-drinking students too. Well, actually to everyone who has chosen not to drink!!
    That first sip is not worth taking, it can become a bad addiction. I used to be an alcoholic, and by the Grace of God, I haven't taken a sip in awhile. Fully delivered by the power of God!! All Glory given to Him!! :smile:
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    I have mayb a drink once a year, if that, so i guess u can call me a non drinker! I have kids & they r my everything & i dont care for them to see me drunk or anyone else, like to teach them its okay when your older to enjoy a drink, but ot okay to abuse it.
  • pbolton16
    pbolton16 Posts: 87
    Been sober for 135 days,
    So yeah I'm a non drinker but also in recovery..
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Been sober for 135 days,
    So yeah I'm a non drinker but also in recovery..

congrats on 135 days!!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Do you know how many protein shakes I can make for the cost of a round of drinks at the bar????
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Do you know how many protein shakes I can make for the cost of a round of drinks at the bar????

*like* Seriously!
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    I'm a social drinker, but since I have joined MFP, I haven't drank. I'd rather not waste my calories!
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    I am aso a nondrinker!
  • crazylady64
    crazylady64 Posts: 1 Member
    Yeah i don't drink either only very occasionally so no ur not teh only one lol
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    You are certainly not alone! But non-drinkers just tend to be less vocal than the drinkers. I did all my fill of drinking as a teen, was rip roaring drunk on my 21st b-day but now that I am married and have kids it just holds no real appeal. My life is about work and being a Mom... can't drink if I'm going to succeed in those areas.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    I've had those bad nights and tried Tequila. (poison, at least to me)
    I went many months before without drinking.
    Now I'll have a couple beers the odd weekend, and regret it because it seems that week I didn't lose weight.
    I don't understand how some people need to have a drink every night.

Also I don't understand those people that are proud they spent $200 at the bar last night... like Really? $200 for what?
    Especially when their hungover the next day, yah , let's spend $200 to feel like crap.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    sober for 3 years, 11 months, and 1 day here ;) 4 year mark on july 14th. love living alcohol-free and applying some spiritual and emotional principles to my life. sooooooooooo much better than my life before. i'm loving this community, btw.