21 day fix..anyone not like it..? If not, what did you not like about it..?

Options
I am so tempted to order this, but I read some reviews on amazon about the dvd skipping, etc..So I am curious what MFP'ers have to say about it..I've been seeing people on FB post about it and am wondering if it is a sound plan or just another trend..? I am sure it obviously works for a lot of people, but curious on what MFP'ers thing about it..
Thanks so much!!

Replies

• ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I like the structure of the nutrition plan. I am a disaster with IIFYM or plain CI/CO; I will survive on protein bars and soup if left to my own devices. I prefer something where I can be a little neurotic. I find I'm eating much healthier overall, in that I'm actually eating fruits and vegetables now. I also grew up on old-school WW, when they had daily allowances of carbs, protein, etc., so the 21DF system is very familiar in that regard. That said, I refuse to pay for color-coded Tupperware; I found a website where someone posted their capacities, and went with that. I measure everything as per the guidelines on that site, following the container allowances I get based on my weight (there are calculators available online). I also have a glass or two of wine on weekends, and I flat-out refuse to trade in one of my yellow containers for that wine.

I don't follow the workout routine, as I'm up for foot surgery in a few weeks. I've heard good things about the routine itself, but also read the same reviews you did about the DVDs skipping. I have BeachBody On Demand, and was loving P90X3 before my foot got bad (the foot condition is not related to P90X).

I am not a BeachBody "coach", nor do I drink that shake.... stuff.
  • betsy329
    betsy329 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I know lots of people who say it's awesome, and think it works. But those damn shakes are expensive. I use the portion control containers and like that idea pretty well. Then I sub out the shakes for EAS shakes. So far that works for me!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy it. I will say I have never had one skip. I do order mine through BB so I get their warranty on the videos. I do not use Shakeology either and it is not required to follow the eatting plan. I will admit I love this part. The containers make it super easy.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It supports an MLM company, they are scammers.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I have not done it, but know people who have. They seemed to really like the workouts.
  • MSH2930
    MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am such a greenhorn and so clueless!! What is EAS shakes, what is BB and the MLM company..?
    Thanks so much!! (Glad to hear it can be done without those shakes..I am not into using that kind of thing..but mainly wondered how the workouts are/safety of them and how the meal plan was/if it seemed like a fad kind of thing..thanks!!)
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Have you read the stickies at the top of these boards? like this one?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1

MFP has a lot of successful using this app

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300359/most-helpful-posts-success-stories-must-reads#latest

MLM = multi=level marketing. BB= beachboody. EAS shakes are over the counter protein shakes you can buy them pretty much everywhere.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If you're interested in that way of eating, you can find measurements and food lists on Pinterest. I agree with the poster that said it's a lot like Weight Watchers. But I think 21 Day Fix is waaay less flexible. Try the eating plan for a week - use dollar store (or ZipLock containers). Per Pinterest, you use a Sharpie to mark measurements.

This is not an unhealthy way of eating. It's not a crazy low number of calories. But it's too inflexible for me.

BB (Beach Body) has tons of customer complaints. The only Beach Body workouts I own, I bought second hand (thru Amazon) - I hate dealing with aggressive sales people.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300359/most-helpful-posts-success-stories-must-reads#latest

MLM = multi=level marketing. BB= beachboody. EAS shakes are over the counter protein shakes you can buy them pretty much everywhere.

@queenliz99 thanks for the recommendation on my thread <3

OP, you would be better off to use a food scale than the food system. I do hear good things about their workouts though.
  • queenliz99
    Options

@queenliz99 thanks for the recommendation on my thread <3

OP, you would be better off to use a food scale than the food system. I do hear good things about their workouts though.

I love that thread! It's to the point <3
  • MSH2930
    MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I think a scale is more my speed..thanks so much for the advice and suggestions!! :smile:
  • lindsayp79
    lindsayp79 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

How are they scammers? I have used Beachbody products for years. I lost weight and never got scammed. Plus met a bunch of great people.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    lindsayp79 wrote: »

How are they scammers? I have used Beachbody products for years. I lost weight and never got scammed. Plus met a bunch of great people.

Some of the "coaches" are less than ethical, going for a sale above all else.
  • lindsayp79
    Options
    I get that. But that's not a scam. There are sales people all over the place. Just thought it was an unfair statement. Avon, marykay...all those places are mlm. And people selling their products.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    I get that. But that's not a scam. There are sales people all over the place. Just thought it was an unfair statement. Avon, marykay...all those places are mlm. And people selling their products.

So you get the unethical part but that is not a scam. Huh
  • lindsayp79
    Options
    I love my coach...and was introduced to a lot of people with the same fitness mindset. We kept each other on track and gave great support. I also like the 21 Day fix. The meal plan is super easy and actually very similar to a plan that a professional bodybuilder gave me. He charged me more than what the 21 day fix was...lol
  • lindsayp79
    Options
    Do some research before you badmouth a company. And don't put words into my mouth. I didn't say unethical. I said yeah some people can just be in it for the sale... again, that is everywhere. But the company is good. The products work. Even if the ciaches are in it for a sale, they are still selling the customer something they want and something thst actuslly works. Not a scam. I stand behind it 100%. If they were so horrible they wouldn't be still out there.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

Avon and MaryKay don't claim to 'detox' your body.
  • lindsayp79
    Options
    Lol....Beachbody has lots of programs. I think your referring to the Ultimate reset. Do you even know what that is? One part of the reset actually helps remove waste from the colon... in other words detox.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Lol....Beachbody has lots of programs. I think your referring to the Ultimate reset. Do you even know what that is? One part of the reset actually helps remove waste from the colon... in other words detox.

Oh, detox. That is completely different.