21 day fix..anyone not like it..? If not, what did you not like about it..?

Options
2»

Replies

• lindsayp79
    lindsayp79 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh my sister actually used that one too. Lost a lot of weight on it and said her stomach had less digestive issues than she had in a long time. Look we could go back and forth for hours and I need to get some sleep. Maybe you should actually check into the 21 day fix. See what its all about. I know a lot of people who have been successful. If not than I hope you can find a plan your satisfied with. Good luck and goodnight.
  • lindsayp79
    lindsayp79 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry to make my final point. Mary Kay and Avon both have face products that claim reduce lines and wrinkles. I can't say that they don't work....why? because I have never used it. I can't make judgment on something I've never used. I'm not going to call their company or all of their consultants scammers. Just because there are some shady people out there doesn't mean the company , their products and all their consultants are horrible.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    lindsayp79 wrote: »
    Lol....Beachbody has lots of programs. I think your referring to the Ultimate reset. Do you even know what that is? One part of the reset actually helps remove waste from the colon... in other words detox.

What toxins are detoxed this way?
  • britishbeau
    britishbeau Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i love the 21 day fix workouts but i find it such hard work to try and prep all my meals and forward plan
  • Abbie918
    Abbie918 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I tried it, but my Amazon DVDs kept skipping, so I ended up returning the whole thing. Honestly, I found the food part of it annoying -- I'd rather measure out food than mush all I can into a container. I also like having the option to have a glass of wine with dinner, or a beer in a football game, but alcohol was very frowned upon in it. In the end, I'm glad I returned it and just came back to MFP and counting CICO.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    As stated, get a scale. No need to waste your money on their overpriced containers.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    If they were so horrible they wouldn't be still out there.

If you honestly believe that, then you sound like just the customer they market towards.
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    If they were so horrible they wouldn't be still out there.

If you honestly believe that, then you sound like just the customer they market towards.

+1
  • MSH2930
    MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i love the 21 day fix workouts but i find it such hard work to try and prep all my meals and forward plan

I think that would be a problem for me, as well.
  • MSH2930
    Options
    Abbie918 wrote: »
    I tried it, but my Amazon DVDs kept skipping, so I ended up returning the whole thing. Honestly, I found the food part of it annoying -- I'd rather measure out food than mush all I can into a container. I also like having the option to have a glass of wine with dinner, or a beer in a football game, but alcohol was very frowned upon in it. In the end, I'm glad I returned it and just came back to MFP and counting CICO.

Oooh, great advice and thanks for sharing your experience!!
    Hornsby wrote: »
    As stated, get a scale. No need to waste your money on their overpriced containers.

Yep!! I agree...I think the scale is my best option and much easier for me..thanks!! :smile:
  • Claribel1
    Claribel1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love the 21 day fix. I bought Beachbody's Cize workout and then went to the 21 day fix. I bought the workouts through beachbody because it's a bit cheaper than amazon and you get the workout online also. Pretty much you get what you put into it. I like the beachbody workouts and that works for me. Buying a scale is a great investment also.
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have the 21 Day Fix and I like the workouts provided with it. I also have done Beachbody's P90 and PiYo programs and I like those workouts as well. As for Beachbody being an mlm - that doesn't matter to me - I have purchased only what I wanted from them and have never been pressured by anyone to buy anything else - I simply stop the videos when it comes to the advertisements after the workout. You do not need to buy any supplements from them - no Shakeology needed (way overpriced). I do wish Beachbody had made just the workout DVD's available without the containers for the 21 Day Fix (like they do with PiYo and P90). They are solid home workout videos that will make you sweat...

I cannot say I followed the 21 Day Fix food plan strictly - I found the containers to be a pain to work with - I simply follow MyFitnessPal for my daily calorie totals, but I only eat foods off the 21 Day Fix approved list (I measure my portions on a scale) - the 21 Day Fix is basically a Clean Eating diet (which you can find guides for on the internet).

Just for reference, I weighed 314 in June 2015 size 48/50 pants before I started changing my eating and fitness habits - today I am at 245 and a size 42 pants - I have thrown out half of my closet (44+ waist pants and 3XL shirts). I described how I eat above, and I work out twice a day for about 30 minutes each with a 21 Day Fix or P90 workout for the first workout and a PiYo workout or treadmill time for the second workout. 21 Day Fix/P90 mix cardio and resistance and PiYo is Pilates/Yoga.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I like Autumn as an instructor. The few workouts I've done of hers on Youtube have been pretty good. They're short, but I would add them together to make a 20 minute workout if I just need a quick workout. I have not done 21 Fix, nor do I own it. My experience with Autumn is purely Youtube based.

As far as BB goes, I only get what I want and ignore everything else about them. I refuse to even look at Shakeology, even though I somehow received sample packets of the 3 flavors. They're either still in my cabinet or ended up in the trash. I can't remember. There was nothing about them that made me want to give them a chance. I do wish they would keep the commercials off the dvds, but you can skip them, so it's not a big deal for me.

Ignore their diet plan, buy a scale and do CICO. I've only ever been in it for the workouts.
  • mindysoo
    mindysoo Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I loved 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme. To answer your question - if you buy through Beachbody you don't have to worry about skipping DVDs because they will replace them. With Extreme, I gained a lot of muscle which I love. I have moved on to Hammer & Chisel but still will do one every now and again. I also found the containers helpful because it got me more mindful of portions.

People are cracking me up on this thread - if you don't believe in the shakes, don't buy the shakes. If you don't believe in the containers and don't think they'll work, don't buy them.
  • MSH2930
    Options
    Some really great info, thanks for sharing!! Sounds like ordering through BB is the way to go..thanks!!