what does a typical breakfast look like for you?

Options
1235»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Weekdays: 3 hard boiled medium eggs. Sometimes add a portion of a muffin if I'm bored. The breakfast used to be a muffin but I'm switching it up. The two eggs are eaten earlier in the morning, and the last one is either when I'm hungry mid morning about an hour before lunch, or if I don't get a chance, it's a mid afternoon snack

Sundays: either a Burger King croissanwich plus French toast sticks, or waffles, bacon and egg.

Saturdays: rushing out to my workout usually = no breakfast

All options consumed with coffee
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Monday thru Friday at work, it is one container of Quaker Real Medley Oatmeal with Apples, Walnuts and Cranberries. Sometimes I add Peanut Butter. And black coffee with one Splenda.

On weekends, it varies. Sometimes Greek Yogurt with some kind of fruit and a bit of granola and/or slivered almonds, or eggs. Good, dense whole grain toast, and black coffee with one Splenda.
  • determined2suceed
    determined2suceed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Black coffee, of course. My lifeline of the day.
    Breakfast is usually my KING meal of the day. I do overnight oats with some berries. And my "morning snack" aka, breakfast's dessert is usually 1 or 2 breakfast casserole muffins. I enjoy the bulk of my calories to be before 10am. Then I just maintain throughout the day.
  • 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm newly returning to MFP after a long break, but I usually try to keep it under 400 calories. My morning are busy so I do alot of make ahead and freeze egg and turkey sausage mcmuffins or egg, canadian bacon and cheese burritos wrapped in tinfoil and thrown in the freezer. Other morning I like a mixture of things, today it was a yogurt, string cheese and a individual bag of pistachio's. For mornings when the kids drive me nuts and I forget my breakfast I will stop and get a bowl of grits with a piece of cheese or a smoothie from tropical smoothie.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I do a smoothie or oatmeal.
    Smoothie--1 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup skim milk, protein powder, 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries, 1 banana.
    Oatmeal --1 serving Steel cut oats, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/4 cup dried cranberries and generous sprinkle cinnamon.

Weekends I do eggs over roasted potatoes. Ham or bacon if I have it in the house.