Most calories you've consumed in one sitting?

Options
I did 1960 last night at In-N-Out Burger.

1 double-double, 1 cheeseburger, 2 fries.

Was a nice break from the kitchen. That's like 3-4 meals worth of calories for me.

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    probably like 3000, but then I probably got up to get ice cream. What are the restraints of "one sitting"?
  • 365daystofitgirl
    365daystofitgirl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    2500 - 3000 it was a big mac meal and a mcflurry... :(
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Over 3000 for sure. When my husband and I go out to a decent restaurant (typically once a month), we go all out. Appetizer, entree, and dessert. I don't order off of any "light" menu and I don't try to cut calories by asking for no butter/oil or any of that nonsense. A salad is the furthest thing from my mind. And that 3000 isn't counting the movie popcorn and candy that comes not even an hour after dinner. I'm a hungry girl and I can put away some serious calories.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Any trip to a Chinese buffet can easily be in the neighborhood (or north of) of 3000 cal. And don't forget the double scoop of green tea ice cream for dessert.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't know, but I know I've been over 3500 on a 32 mile commute home over the course of 3 fast food stops and a Wawa run. I used to have a binging problem.

ETA: I'm running through things in my head and that's probably a bit light. I'll run a couple numbers and update.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Probably 3000 in a sitting would be my highest.
  • STYGrob
    STYGrob Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My seriously in-shape best friend challenged me to an eating competition at In-N-Out. I ate three 4 x 4's, easily beating him (he could only finish two and a half. I also had a milkshake directly after. So that was 3,740 calories. I'm sure I've done a lot more at a Thanksgiving meal. Note: I just realized this was in the "Gaining Weight" section, so my post probably doesn't count, because I'm already fat.
  • arditarose
    Options
    STYGrob wrote: »
    My seriously in-shape best friend challenged me to an eating competition at In-N-Out. I ate three 4 x 4's, easily beating him (he could only finish two and a half. I also had a milkshake directly after. So that was 3,740 calories. I'm sure I've done a lot more at a Thanksgiving meal. Note: I just realized this was in the "Gaining Weight" section, so my post probably doesn't count, because I'm already fat.

Your post still counts!! Why wouldn't it? :)
  • __Wolf__
    __Wolf__ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I estimated 4500 calories in one sitting at an all you can eat pizza place when I wa 15. They stopped doing the all you can eat pizza offer for lunch after that
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    About 5500 calories. My appetite is in another league.

It was an appetizer of something or other, fried mozzarella sticks maybe, an entire large buffalo chicken pizza from Mellow Mushroom, and two beers. The pizza alone was about 4400 calories.

I could do that every day, and would if I didn't mind becoming morbidly obese.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Including Alcohol,.....probably around 3000+ cals (Restaurant Meal).
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    So, according to the calorie counter, my 3 meals and wawa stop would have been 4775 calories.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    You guys are ridiculous. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

No one's broken 5k?
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    How many calories are in a family-sized bag of reese's peanut butter cups?
  • __Wolf__
    __Wolf__ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    How many calories are in a family-sized bag of reese's peanut butter cups?

Not enough.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    DYELB wrote: »
    You guys are ridiculous. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

No one's broken 5k?

I'm sure I have. I'm going to try logging some of my more epic binge sessions to see what happens. I got into it with a seafood restaurant in Seattle and followed it with a Taco Bell session. Last April in Austin, I did a Bang-Bang-Bang of Sandwiches/Pizza/Brewpub capped with a movie at the Alamo (so we had food and drinks). I'm sure both of them were well over 5k, but I wasn't logging at either of those times.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    All you can eat sushi or chinese buffet, I'm sure it was in the 4000+ ranges!
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    No offence to anyone but I enjoy reading everyones' answers!

I have to agree with the Chinese food. I had no idea how many calories were in that until I started using MFP. Deep fried chicken slathered in sauce, mountains of fried rice and fried noodles... deep fried egg roll... add a can or two of pop... then go for seconds. I don't honestly know the exact amount but I would guess 4000 or so. The fried rice alone was probably 1200 calories worth.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Now I want chinese food. Dang low TDEE. Bulking means like...wow, I can use olive oil and eat an extra oreo.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I did 1960 last night at In-N-Out Burger.

1 double-double, 1 cheeseburger, 2 fries.

Was a nice break from the kitchen. That's like 3-4 meals worth of calories for me.

Come on man...that is NOVICE :) Go two double-double animal style with fries...add a large reg coke and a box of Girl Scout Cookies on the way out the door at least!