60lbs to lose by August 20th 2016

Replies

• MaGrl523
    MaGrl523 Posts: 101 Member
    60 pounds is a mid part for me. Sign me up!! :smiley:
  • BerylX
    BerylX Posts: 108 Member
    I have 76 lbs to lose, aiming for this summer to have it gone.
  • jenniplayer
    jenniplayer Posts: 2 Member
    Wow, I can so relate so much to this group. I lost 44 lbs last fall and I have let 10 come back on as of this am. I worked so hard for that loss. I just feel out of control and need to reign it in. I would love to follow this group. I am fairly new to this website so not sure if this post is going to right place. I will figure it out it eventually!!! This is giving me some motivation that I truly need!
  • tiffanysotoxo
    tiffanysotoxo Posts: 36 Member
    I would love to be apart of this! I'm trying to lose 80lbs but I'm starting off with losing 50lbs first hopefully by Summer. Anyone feel free to add me, I'm here to give support as much as possible.
  • ccgirl10
    ccgirl10 Posts: 8 Member
    I've struggled with my weight most of my life. I have tried most of the diets on the market and been part of several different gyms. I have worked with Personal Trainers and even did an extreme cleanse last January where I lost 20 lbs, but it came right back on and now I've gained even more. I am at my heaviest weight ever and need to stop making excuses and letting small failures derail my motivation. My self-esteem is at an all time low and I dread looking in the mirror or shopping for clothes. My husband is extremely supportive, but unfortunately working out with him can be frustrating because he is one of the lucky ones that can see results very quickly.

Looking to lose 50-60 lbs not only for my health but also with the hopes of starting a family. I don't want my excess weight to affect my ability to conceive or jeopardize the health of my baby or myself during pregnancy. I started to see a nutritionist in December and will meet with her once a month to help with my accountability and she fully encourages me to use MFP!! Also got a Fitbit for Christmas from my very supportive family to get my butt moving because I too have a very sedentary job.

Here's to getting rid of excuses and taking my life back!! Feel free to add me! Always looking for motivation and inspiration from those in similar situations :)
  • kmeadows225
    kmeadows225 Posts: 6 Member
    I would love to join in as well! I've also struggled with being overweight most of my life, but I'm really motivated to lose the weight once and for all! Support is always a great thing, so anyone feel free to add me!
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 470 Member
    I lost 60 lbs last year, have about 35 lbs to go to my goal weight. Feel free to add me. It's great to have friends that have similar goals.
  • asyk805
    asyk805 Posts: 125 Member
    How is everyone doing today?
    So far I am on track.
    I had 2 egg whites for breakfast.
    A salad from Subway for lunch that came in at 290 calories.
    and I have an apple and orange to finish before I leave the office.
    Now to figure out what's for dinner.
  • darciek1973
    darciek1973 Posts: 1 Member
    We share a wedding day and a weight loss goal! I've already lost 16 lbs and still have 24 to go to reach my goal weight of 135 lbs.

I'm focussing on calories. I'm a truck driver so going to a gym isn't possible. Basically I'm watching portion sizes, cooking in my truck and walking as much as I can. Just quit smoking 2 weeks ago too so now I'm trying to work in some body weight exercise. We travel with our dogs too so that forces us to get out of the truck.

Let's do this together and trade some wedding planning war stories along the way!!!

• lariel69
    lariel69 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in!
  • denisemcjohnson
    denisemcjohnson Posts: 7 Member
    I would like to join as well. I am 42, had a baby at 41. I gained 60 lbs on an already 30 lb overweight body. The weight is not coming off with my usual tricks, so I know I really need to get my diet under control.
  • krbkrat
    krbkrat Posts: 85 Member
    Hi all!

I've always been a big girl and my weight has always fluctuated. Unfortunately in the last 4 years... Since meeting my wonderful fiance, I've let it go. I got comfy and fat. But I'm no longer comfortable with my size, or who I see in the mirror. I'm wonderfully supported by my man who loves me at any size (thank god) but I'm ready to make a serious change. August 20th 2016 is my wedding day, and I am making it my goal to lose 60lbs by that date.

I'd love to make some friends and some accountabili-buddies along the way because I know I can't do it alone! Thanks all :)

My goal is 60lbs of weight loss as well, not for a wedding - but if I could lose it by August that would be LOVELY (going on a cruise but to Alaska...). Would LOVE to lose 40lb by end of June (going to Miami with some girlfriends....). Anyone can feel free to add me.

Today is going well thus far...planning for my first day of C25K training this afternoon...half marathon in October so I need to get crackin'!

Kristi K :smiley:
  • krbkrat
    Abbie918 wrote: »
    Happy to support you all on the journey, too! I have about 60 pounds overall to lose, but I didn't set a timeline (I gained most of it AFTER my wedding, so while you're sweating-for-the-wedding, I'm just sweating!). Planning a big vacation with friends this summer though, so hoping to drop a big chunk before then so I don't feel gross in a bathing suit with all the skinny-minnines around me!

I have a girls' weekend with my friends at the end of June to Miami...they all have had kids and are skinny-minnies as well!! Need to drop some by then...Kristi K
  • asyk805
    krbkrat wrote: »
    Abbie918 wrote: »
    Happy to support you all on the journey, too! I have about 60 pounds overall to lose, but I didn't set a timeline (I gained most of it AFTER my wedding, so while you're sweating-for-the-wedding, I'm just sweating!). Planning a big vacation with friends this summer though, so hoping to drop a big chunk before then so I don't feel gross in a bathing suit with all the skinny-minnines around me!

I have a girls' weekend with my friends at the end of June to Miami...they all have had kids and are skinny-minnies as well!! Need to drop some by then...Kristi K

You can do this woman! I'm going to the Grand Canyon the first week in July and have to be under 200 to ride a mule. LOL We shall see how it goes.
  • tracyburl
    tracyburl Posts: 2 Member
    Add me!
  • denisemcjohnson
    denisemcjohnson Posts: 7 Member
    I didn't realize a person had to be under 200 to ride a mule! That is something! Thank you for bringing a smile to my face. My first goal is to get under 200 as well. I am hoping it happens in February. It will be nice to know once I get there that I COULD ride a mule if I wanted to. Yeah!
  • asyk805
    I didn't realize a person had to be under 200 to ride a mule! That is something! Thank you for bringing a smile to my face. My first goal is to get under 200 as well. I am hoping it happens in February. It will be nice to know once I get there that I COULD ride a mule if I wanted to. Yeah!

To be fair, it probably isn't for all mules but for the rides they do into the canyon it is. I'm taking my grandmother and kid with me and called my grandmother to see how much she weighed because if she was over 200 I wasn't gong to worry about it but she wasn't so......here I am...

• krbkrat
    I came up with some non-numeric goals:

1) Can remove by wedding band & engagement ring without saliva, lotion, soap or any combo of the aforementioned

2) Minimal to no thigh chaffing/chub rub this summer (I don't want to buy stock in Desitin)

3) The bra tank tops I wear to bed aren't sports bras by morning

4) Jeans stay where they belong (around the waist or slightly lower) without me having to pull them up constantly like I'm the late-great Chris Farley as Matt Foley in the old SNL skit where he famously stated "35 years old, eating a steady diet of government cheese, thrice divorced, and living in a van down by the river!" (thank you Wikipedia)

5) And finally...I'm tired of being hot all the time and sweating along the hair line (and other areas...we can just leave at that)...it looks nasty and is so very uncomfortable.

I know these are tongue-in-cheek...but there is more than a speck of truth to them...if you can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at?

Do y'all have any non-numeric goals...???
  • ECG1205
    ECG1205 Posts: 5 Member
    I would love to join this group! I lost almost 70 with MFP in 2014 and then the second half of 2015 kicked my *kitten* and I gained almost 50 back. I really want to lose that, plus the rest I hadn't lost the first time!
  • asyk805
    ECG1205 wrote: »
    I would love to join this group! I lost almost 70 with MFP in 2014 and then the second half of 2015 kicked my *kitten* and I gained almost 50 back. I really want to lose that, plus the rest I hadn't lost the first time!

Welcome. I'm not the creator of the group but the more the merrier. :)