Tell me what you've done today that's made you feel proud of yourself!

Options
I'll get the ball rolling!

Despite not feeling 100% (full of cold) I went to the gym and did an ab class - only three people turned up including me!

Happy I went :)

Replies

• Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Despite having completed a weekend challenge this week which "forced" me to exercise on Saturday and Sunday, I got up and did my workout this morning. 8 days in a row! I may need a rest day soon. Damn FitBit challenges.
  • djeden
    djeden Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What a good topic! :)

Got up and worked out before work. (I'm typically a 5:00AM-er, but have not been 'all in' the past few weeks.)
    Also opened up MFP after quite a long time of not using it!
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Half pound down and 30 minutes on the bike before work! Way to push through when other were bailing out!
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My children and I, whilst on our long daily walk, collected a load of rubbish (two bags full) as there is so much of it around and no-one around seems to care about the environment. Even my three-year old was joining in.

We are going to take a couple of sacks with us every time we go for a walk now :smile:
  • katieboo93_
    katieboo93_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My children and I, whilst on our long daily walk, collected a load of rubbish (two bags full) as there is so much of it around and no-one around seems to care about the environment. Even my three-year old was joining in.

We are going to take a couple of sacks with us every time we go for a walk now :smile:

That's so great!!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    quick 30 minute daily burn workout this morning! I'm working from home today and when that happens I barely move and typically don't go outside. I have to get better at moving and working out when I work from home.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Well - a bit more than what I've done today - but today is a part of what led to my point of pride.

I dramatically changed my pattern of food consumption following an October 2 diagnosis with diabetes. Since then, I have only gone above my calorie target 8 days - with the result that, as of this morning, I am no longer obese.

(It does not appear that I will be one of the lucky ones for whom weight loss and moderate carb consumption will send diabetes into remission, my body reacts just as strongly to carbohydrates as it did when I weighed 19% more than I do today. Not surprising, since my grandfather - from whom I (and every descendant older than me) inherited it - was skinny as a rail. But, eating low carb is doing a pretty good job - my blood sugar has been in the normal range in the high 90% of the time since 3 days after diagnosis.)
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It's pretty simple, but. I chose to keep my egg and cheese on bread just that and not make it into a full fledged sandwich with mustard and mayo. The thing was 400 calories or so as it is!
  • katieboo93_
    katieboo93_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    neohdiver wrote: »
    Well - a bit more than what I've done today - but today is a part of what led to my point of pride.

I dramatically changed my pattern of food consumption following an October 2 diagnosis with diabetes. Since then, I have only gone above my calorie target 8 days - with the result that, as of this morning, I am no longer obese.

(It does not appear that I will be one of the lucky ones for whom weight loss and moderate carb consumption will send diabetes into remission, my body reacts just as strongly to carbohydrates as it did when I weighed 19% more than I do today. Not surprising, since my grandfather - from whom I (and every descendant older than me) inherited it - was skinny as a rail. But, eating low carb is doing a pretty good job - my blood sugar has been in the normal range in the high 90% of the time since 3 days after diagnosis.)

Wow congrats!!
  • DaisiesandViolets
    DaisiesandViolets Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I set my alarm for 5am and only hit the snooze three times. Then I got out of bed and did a Zumba DVD. My usual routine is to sleep soundly until 6:30am when my husband holds a cup of coffee next to my face to wake me up. Getting out of bed early was brutal, but once I started moving, I loved it!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I got out of bed early and lifted weights this morning and did not skip squats! Back at it with 3x5x95lbs :) I also put my desk to the standing setting and got off my *kitten*. I haven't used this feature in a while.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Logged 1 lb lost since last Monday.

Ask me again after I go to the gym and I'll likely change my answer. :)
  • Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good thread :) Well done everyone on your successes! <3

For me, I made it to campus for the first day of the semester (a dreaded math class even), without having bad anxiety. I also did not get a bag of chips as a "reward" for myself/as an emotional boost for making it through the day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I didn't hurt an idiot
  • Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    neohdiver wrote: »

I dramatically changed my pattern of food consumption following an October 2 diagnosis with diabetes. Since then, I have only gone above my calorie target 8 days - with the result that, as of this morning, I am no longer obese.......

Awesome! Way to go! Sounds like you are on your way to lifelong successful management.

That is so great, and helpful!
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Oooh great idea! Love this!!

I weighed this morning and after a week I'm down .5 lbs. I was struggling... wanted to give up. Quit. Eat what I wanted and have some tequila tonight. But instead, I'm sticking to my plan, seeing what I can adjust to maybe lose a bit more next week, and jumped into Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred Level 2 for the second time. In a week I have already moved up to level 2. It's a struggle, for sure, but I'm pushing through. Instead of quitting I used my frustration as fuel... and for that I am proud
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I didn't hurt an idiot

we are soul sisters....
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I didn't hurt an idiot

we are soul sisters....

:bigsmile:
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I squatted 185 5x5 today (at 135 bw) and curled 40 lbs ezbar 5x8. I have been back at lifting for 3 months after almost dying, being diagnosed with a chronic illness and having to take off 10 momths
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I squatted 185 5x5 today (at 135 bw) and curled 40 lbs ezbar 5x8. I have been back at lifting for 3 months after almost dying, being diagnosed with a chronic illness and having to take off 10 momths