beachbody programs

Options

Replies

• jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, but remember: Shakeology is a overpriced pyramid scam.

While I appreciate the comment as I am usually quick to point out the same, our conversation had not devolved to conversations of "coaches" and overpriced tripe.

In other words, slow down on that trigger finger buddy.......you'll get your chance to bash Shakeology. Actually, I just read this thread, and you only had to wait for 1 more hour after you posted this before someone threw in a Shakeology plug. Not sure if it was unsolicited or in response to your post, so the talk of Shakeology might have been your fault.
  • jeremywm1977
    Options
    lninyoda1 wrote: »
    Amy one ever try tap out xt

I've done Tapout XT and XT2. Both of them aren't bad. It's kind of like if Insanity and Asylum had a lovechild.......a lot of high intensity cardio, plyometric style stuff, with some strength/resistance mixed in.

It will kick your *kitten* pretty good, and I think the amount of equipment is minimal.......maybe just a double-handle medicine ball, but I was able to just sub in a dumbbell for most of the workouts.
  • aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I finished insanity max 30, a couple of weeks ago and started hammer and chisel.
    I do drink Shakeology every day and I don't believe is a pyramid scam, yes it is pricey, but I prefer to pay for Shakeology than eating out.
    Beachbody puts a lot of science in all of the products. I am quite impressed with them
  • LninYoDA1htownG
    LninYoDA1htownG Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I trust beachbody I don't know how they make the programs so perfect but I love working out at home can't push cardio like that in the gym
  • LninYoDA1htownG
    Options
    All right guys beachbody is trusted and they saved my life with quality products but shakeology is expensive as *kitten*
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    sallunia wrote: »
    Focus T25. started again today for the idk how many time... i quit counting. :-/

Focus T25 for me too.
  • melissavangulck287
    melissavangulck287 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of my first round of P90X. It's the most extreme program I've done so far. Just came off 21 day fix (2 rounds) and Cize. Am hoping to do Insanity and Les Mills Combat after.
  • TxLisa251
    TxLisa251 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have 3 weeks left of P90X3. Lost 21 lbs so far. Was thinking about trying P90X, but the workouts seem so much longer...
  • LninYoDA1htownG
    Options
    There longer with p90x but there are great results but if you are busy that might not be the one for you you expend a lot of energy on p90 x 1
  • melissavangulck287
    melissavangulck287 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    TxLisa251 wrote: »
    I have 3 weeks left of P90X3. Lost 21 lbs so far. Was thinking about trying P90X, but the workouts seem so much longer...

They are longer, but if you schedule your time wisely, you can make it work. I work full time and have a family at home, I have managed to fit them in in the evenings...so far
  • krause1cj
    krause1cj Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    TxLisa251 wrote: »

I've done both, and I honestly prefer p90x3. You get comparable results in half the time, and I think it does a better job of combining flexibility and balance work into the strength training. It's also just wayyyy more manageable to work into my schedule. And when I want more, I double up on another video or hit the gym for some extra lifting. The only drawback to 3 in my opinion is the short warm up and cool down time, but that's why they have the cold start video. And you can always do extra warm up/cool down stuff on your own.
  • LninYoDA1htownG
    Options
    They do put a little more science in p90x3 they are nearly decades apart and I feel a lot faster and flexible on 3 but tony Horton is an amazing coach One of my favorite coaches every workout he created was amazing any one ever hybrid p90x 1 with 3 if so send me the spreadsheet
  • jeremywm1977
    Options
    All right guys beachbody is trusted and they saved my life with quality products but shakeology is expensive as *kitten*

I love their videos. It's the other side of Beachbody that I don't care for.
    I will praise their videos, especially most of the ones with Tony Horton and Shaun T.

I say "most of the ones" because I'm not a big fan of Shaun T's dance style videos like Cize or Hip Hop Abs, but his Insanity and Focus T25 series is seriously awesome.
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options

I will praise their videos, especially most of the ones with Tony Horton and Shaun T.

I say "most of the ones" because I'm not a big fan of Shaun T's dance style videos like Cize or Hip Hop Abs, but his Insanity and Focus T25 series is seriously awesome.

Odd, not knowing you, I have a happy smile envisioning you doing a hip hop routine. #Creepy (Sorry if I legit creeped you out. I have an active imagination~)
  • drdst91
    drdst91 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love Shaun T: Hip Hop Abs (fav), Focus T-25, and Cize.
  • LninYoDA1htownG
    Options
    I'll do cize before my wedding cuz my dance moves suck but I don't dance I will do some less mills combat that is very fun
  • Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how much harder p90x3 is than Jillians 30DS? If 30DS was moderately difficult, will I keel over if I try p90x3? Any other suggestions for a next video moving in from 30ds? Thanks!!
  • jeremywm1977
    Options
    TaraTall wrote: »

Odd, not knowing you, I have a happy smile envisioning you doing a hip hop routine. #Creepy (Sorry if I legit creeped you out. I have an active imagination~)

You can't legit creep out a legit creep.
    Please feel free to share other things that your active imagination envisions me doing. Feel free to ramp it up a bit.......imagining me doing a dance exercise routine is kind of tame. (I'll see your legit creep, and raise you).
  • jeremywm1977
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how much harder p90x3 is than Jillians 30DS? If 30DS was moderately difficult, will I keel over if I try p90x3? Any other suggestions for a next video moving in from 30ds? Thanks!!

30DS was good, but a bit too easy by my standards (No, I'm not bragging, just my honest review).
    As far as P90X3, half of it is good. The good thing is that they have so many videos in P90X3, even half is a good amount of workouts.

The workouts that focus on strength and cardio, I loved. The ones that tried to focus on stability and stretching, no so much. (I'm not diminishing the importance of stability and stretching, I just didn't care for the videos that focused on these areas in P90X3).
  • jeremywm1977
    Options

Sorry, to answer your question, the good half of P90X3 I found to be quite more challenging than 30DS.