I Lost 275 Pounds!

Options
Not sure where my original post went, but I wanted to say I have lost 275 pounds (410 lbs. to 135 lbs.) for a nearly 70% loss from my starting weight! ☺️

If I can figure out HOW to post my before & after photos, I will! ☺️

Wishing everyone the BEST of success for this new year, and continued joys and blessings as you reach towards healthier living! ❤️

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is an amazing accomplishment!
    Please post your story, it will be inspirational for so many people.
  • buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Am u allowed to say what plan I used??
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Am I
  • athenafarrera
    athenafarrera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    how many calories did you eat a day?
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    I am not sure why my posts about my weight loss keep getting deleted? Am I allowed to say what plan I used to lose the weight?
  • hadiolar
    hadiolar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why my posts about my weight loss keep getting deleted? Am I allowed to say what plan I used to lose the weight?

I am sure you can.... I want to learn please
  • devo8799
    devo8799 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is incredible! How did you do it?
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    My journey to lose 275 pounds began on December 26, 2009 with Weight Watchers (meetings) as my choice of plan to follow, and a starting weight of 410 pounds. (I am 5'5")

My health was at an all time low... diagnosed with extreme morbid obesity, high blood sugar, low functioning thyroid, fatty liver, bad knees, bad back, asthma related breathing problems due to my excessive weight, PCOD, fibromyalgia, and many other issues... not to mention a HUGE weight of emotional baggage from grief, disappointments, regret,
    shame over my weight, etc... etc...

I honestly had no idea how far I would go with my weight loss when I began- I just knew the pain and fear of staying the same had grown BIGGER than the pain and fear of changing! And really, I began with that first weak step of faith to save my life!!

I should add that as you can see by my 'before' photos- (when I can post them- haven't figured that out YET!!) my family and I were also members of a very restrictive, very conservative Mennonite group... which had added to my 'emotional baggage' through the years- always trying to 'fit in' the group by obeying the rules, fearing man over God if we didn't.

Sadly, our thinking was being molded into a wrong belief that if we were 'plain enough' and separated away from 'the world' enough- it was MORE pleasing to God, even though in the process- we had lost our own identities and feared losing our precious relationship with God as well.

In fact, attending a meeting at Weight Watchers was a risky step for me to take as a member of our particular Mennonite group. Why? They believe being a 'member' of a "worldly" group, organization, business partnership, etc... is being 'unequally yoked' with sinners and is a sin. But knowing Weight Watchers to be a safe, healthy and balanced weight loss plan that also offered the accountability I felt I needed to STAY on a weight loss plan, I decided to secretly join. No one outside our immediate family knew, and I had to trust God *would* bless my decision and if it *was* a sin, forgive me.

To keep a very long story condensed- here it is... nearly 6 years later and I have been maintaining a healthy weight for about a year and a half, after losing that 275 pounds, and going from 410 pounds to 135 pounds! I lost the first 100 pounds in the first 7 months, and the next 175 pounds over the following 2 + years.

And, as you can see in my 'current' photos- (when I can post them!) my family and I eventually left the Mennonite group we were members of (about two and a half years ago), which brought ANOTHER big transformation to my life- talk about challenging changes!!

So... there it is in nutshell. Of course there is SO much more, but too
    much to share here now!

I was on the Today Show the end of November, with Kathie Lee & Hoda, sharing my story- and my story has also appeared in numerous magazines.

Stop doubting what God can do for you, believe it- YOU can achieve it too!!!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    My journey to lose 275 pounds began on December 26, 2009 with Weight Watchers (meetings) as my choice of plan to follow, and a starting weight of 410 pounds. (I am 5'5")

My health was at an all time low... diagnosed with extreme morbid obesity, high blood sugar, low functioning thyroid, fatty liver, bad knees, bad back, asthma related breathing problems due to my excessive weight, PCOD, fibromyalgia, and many other issues... not to mention a HUGE weight of emotional baggage from grief, disappointments, regret,

I honestly had no idea how far I would go with my weight loss when I began- I just knew the pain and fear of staying the same had grown BIGGER than the pain and fear of changing! And really, I began with that first weak step of faith to save my life!!

I should add that as you can see by my 'before' photos- (when I can post them- haven't figured that out YET!!) my family and I were also members of a very restrictive, very conservative Mennonite group... which had added to my 'emotional baggage' through the years- always trying to 'fit in' the group by obeying the rules, fearing man over God if we didn't.

Sadly, our thinking was being molded into a wrong belief that if we were 'plain enough' and separated away from 'the world' enough- it was MORE pleasing to God, even though in the process- we had lost our own identities and feared losing our precious relationship with God as well.

In fact, attending a meeting at Weight Watchers was a risky step for me to take as a member of our particular Mennonite group. Why? They believe being a 'member' of a "worldly" group, organization, business partnership, etc... is being 'unequally yoked' with sinners and is a sin. But knowing Weight Watchers to be a safe, healthy and balanced weight loss plan that also offered the accountability I felt I needed to STAY on a weight loss plan, I decided to secretly join. No one outside our immediate family knew, and I had to trust God *would* bless my decision and if it *was* a sin, forgive me.

To keep a very long story condensed- here it is... nearly 6 years later and I have been maintaining a healthy weight for about a year and a half, after losing that 275 pounds, and going from 410 pounds to 135 pounds! I lost the first 100 pounds in the first 7 months, and the next 175 pounds over the following 2 + years.

And, as you can see in my 'current' photos- (when I can post them!) my family and I eventually left the Mennonite group we were members of (about two and a half years ago), which brought ANOTHER big transformation to my life- talk about challenging changes!!

much to share here now!

I was on the Today Show the end of November, with Kathie Lee & Hoda, sharing my story- and my story has also appeared in numerous magazines.

You'll share all that but you won't open your diary. Got it.
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    I share my food daily on FB
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    How many calories were you eating a day? What did you do for exercise?
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    My meals at home... what I eat away from home at restaurants... recipe ideas... I do share
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    I was counting 'Points' so I don't know the calories then... but to maintain (now) I typically stay below 1,200
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    I mostly stuck to 'power foods' being lean meat, veggies, fruit, whole grains, fat free/light dairy, etc... and only occasionally dipped into processed foods/packaged foods
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Not sure where my original post went, but I wanted to say I have lost 275 pounds (410 lbs. to 135 lbs.) for a nearly 70% loss from my starting weight! ☺️

If I can figure out HOW to post my before & after photos, I will! ☺️

Wishing everyone the BEST of success for this new year, and continued joys and blessings as you reach towards healthier living! ❤️

That is freaking amazing! Good job!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I was counting 'Points' so I don't know the calories then... but to maintain (now) I typically stay below 1,200

How tall are you?
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

much to share here now!

You'll share all that but you won't open your diary. Got it.

Google it. She was on the Today show.

OP you achieved an amazing accomplishment. Your story will inspire so many people.

Congratulations!
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    No exercise till after I lost the first 100 pounds (which I still lost in 7 months!), and even after that I have *never* had a gym membership... just walking, a recumbent bike and regular bike, etc... no routine workout things, Zumba, etc
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!