Don't be that Vegetarian...

Options
Beautiful_Warrior94
Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
edited January 2016 in Chit-Chat
More of a rant you can say.

Don't be the kind of Vegetarian that preaches to others because they eat meat. Don't be that Vegetarian who thinks they have to be perfect. News flash, we are humans! Meaning we are going to make mistakes. You will or may have accidentally eaten meat in your life. Does that mean you are a failure to this lifestyle? No! One mistake maybe several. I know I have made mistakes like this but that's what they are a mistake. I still consider myself a vegetarian and so should you even after a mistake like that. Quit assuming you can never make a mistake like that and...live a little!

[Edited by MFP Staff]

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Okaaaay. I'm a pescatarian. I do what's right for me and keep my mouth shut around others. However, if the subject of factory farming arises, I'm not going to keep my mouth shut. I don't have qualms with people eating meat, I have BIG problems with industrial farming. Still, I don't want to eat meat even if it comes from a lovely little family farm.

This year I'm working on finding humane sources for dairy. And seafood that isn't overfished.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    We don't have to be perfect. But there is nothing wrong with us speaking for those who don't have a voice, those who are used for the pleasure of others.

I have no judgment for those who have accidentally eaten animal products.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    More of a rant you can say.

Don't be the kind of Vegetarian that preaches to others because they eat meat. Don't be that Vegetarian who thinks they have to be perfect. News flash *kitten*, we are humans! Meaning we are going to make mistakes. You will or may have accidentally eaten meat in your life. Does that mean you are a failure to this lifestyle? No! One mistake maybe several. I know I have made mistakes like this but that's what they are a mistake. I still consider myself a vegetarian and so should you even after a mistake like that. Quit assuming you can never make a mistake like that and...live a little!

There is something to be said for being at the top of the food chain. Just saying.
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wish there was an eye roll emoji for you
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Well okay then ......
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Is this a mean people thread?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,034 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's OK to be "that vegetarian" as long as one doesn't want any friends who (1) aren't vegetarians, or (2) are vegetarians but don't care to be pseudo-religious zealots about it, or (3) are humans who make mistakes.

I assume, reading between the lines, that you're ranting at someone who dissed you (or another) for making a mistake. As a li'l ol' lady, 41 years vegetarian (though only ovo-lacto ;) ), my suggestion would be to drop the person who's doing the dissing out of your life if at all possible. It's their problem; it need not be yours. They've revealed their character, and it's up to you whether to put up with that or not.

Obviously, I recommend "not". Life is too short to put up with that nonsense . . . even for someone as young as you are with lots of life left to go.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Oh I am so in....
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    "Loud" vegetarians are so high and mighty, they are the literal worst. If we all became vegetarians, there would be widespread famine. Then we would have to use GMO's and then those anti GMO crazies would show up. It would be like a big douche convention....
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    "Loud" vegetarians are so high and mighty, they are the literal worst. If we all became vegetarians, there would be widespread famine. Then we would have to use GMO's and then those anti GMO crazies would show up. It would be like a big douche convention....

Oh no you didn't....
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    8m0skxaail98.jpg

Tell me moar.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    If everyone were a vegetarian you'd have to walk around with a hatchet or machete, carving your way through the hordes of turkeys, chickens and cows wildly roaming the planet.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    capnrus789 wrote: »
    If everyone were a vegetarian you'd have to walk around with a hatchet or machete, carving your way through the hordes of turkeys, chickens and cows wildly roaming the planet.

Inflatable machetes, right? My fragile heart couldn't stand it. Maybe just a jab with the back end of a lightsaber to incapacitate them so I could steal their food source?
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Okaaaay. I'm a pescatarian. I do what's right for me and keep my mouth shut around others. However, if the subject of factory farming arises, I'm not going to keep my mouth shut. I don't have qualms with people eating meat, I have BIG problems with industrial farming. Still, I don't want to eat meat even if it comes from a lovely little family farm.

This year I'm working on finding humane sources for dairy. And seafood that isn't overfished.

We should be friends. ;)
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options

Inflatable machetes, right? My fragile heart couldn't stand it. Maybe just a jab with the back end of a lightsaber to incapacitate them so I could steal their food source?

Lightsabers aren't real, don't be silly. Maybe we can just round them up and ship them off to Africa, or the jungles of India. There's still carnivores there, right? Lions and tigers gotta eat, too.
  • sw33tp3a15
    sw33tp3a15 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    LOL This is way better than the Chit Chat forums.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Lightsabers aren't real, don't be silly. Maybe we can just round them up and ship them off to Africa, or the jungles of India. There's still carnivores there, right? Lions and tigers gotta eat, too.

I thought we were feeding the lions and tigers with "those vegetarians."
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    8m0skxaail98.jpg

Tell me moar.

I love this picture... lol.
  • JamesRiall
    JamesRiall Posts: 2 Member
    Options

You realise we engineer such huge farm animal populations through artificial means right? By artificial I mean conscious human intervention - either by forceable insemination or by simply engineering their living arrangements) to produce such enormous populations of these species.