• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Insects are the protein of the future.
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Okaaaay. I'm a pescatarian. I do what's right for me and keep my mouth shut around others. However, if the subject of factory farming arises, I'm not going to keep my mouth shut. I don't have qualms with people eating meat, I have BIG problems with industrial farming. Still, I don't want to eat meat even if it comes from a lovely little family farm.

This year I'm working on finding humane sources for dairy. And seafood that isn't overfished.

Good luck finding any type of seafood that is not over- fished! Humans are very, very good at fishing.
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Bluwaves1 wrote: »
    Good luck finding any type of seafood that is not over- fished! Humans are very, very good at fishing.

http://safinacenter.org/seafoods/

Here's a good start.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    ModernRock wrote: »

http://safinacenter.org/seafoods/

Here's a good start.

Thanks; that's a great link.

• Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

I wonder what sparked this thread??

That had better be non-dairy butter on that popcorn, buddy. Don't make me go "that vegetarian" on you.

I love this ^^^^
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    In my personal experience, most people that are the loud judgement types when it comes to ways of eating are more into it just for that reason. The people I know that do it for themselves rarely bring it up, and then only when it applies such as a food conversation or something.

Some people just like to judge other people. Sadly it applies to people in all walks of life, and many ways of eating. It seems to me the worst offenders often judge others in a much different way than they judge themselves. What a waste of energy IMO.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I like vegetarians, especially vegans, means more bacon and cheese for me... ;)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    SLLeask wrote: »
    I like vegetarians, especially vegans, means more bacon and cheese for me... ;)

I like vegetarians, but I can never eat a whole one.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    To be honest, If I were hungry enough, and if it were legal - I would turn cannibal. Lets face it, humans are over-populated anyway, lets thin down the population by eating them. Apparently we taste like chicken
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    To be honest, If I were hungry enough, and if it were legal - I would turn cannibal. Lets face it, humans are over-populated anyway, lets thin down the population by eating them. Apparently we taste like chicken

And we're the only animal aside from pork which makes crackling.

.... so I hear.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    8m0skxaail98.jpg

Tell me moar.
    popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

I wonder what sparked this thread??

Omg you two are the humour to this! Love these!!
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Options
    Okaaaay. I'm a pescatarian. I do what's right for me and keep my mouth shut around others. However, if the subject of factory farming arises, I'm not going to keep my mouth shut. I don't have qualms with people eating meat, I have BIG problems with industrial farming. Still, I don't want to eat meat even if it comes from a lovely little family farm.

This year I'm working on finding humane sources for dairy. And seafood that isn't overfished.

I'm a Vegetarian almost Vegan and I went fishing once. I suck.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Options

I'm a poisonous chicken then...don't eat me!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    All those people saying vegetarians are the worst have clearly never been in parenting forums

*shudders*
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    All those people saying vegetarians are the worst have clearly never been in parenting forums

*shudders*

You are so right.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

*shudders*

*nod nod* Even gaming forums and chats aren't as bad as the parenting forums.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I want to discover a cure for cancer that involves meat......
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I want to discover a cure for cancer that involves meat......

If somebody doesn't eat enough may well get leukemia, giving them some small portions of fish could help them not to get it.
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Vegans are the worst.
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Same all over (except I'm lacto ovo veg). If they don't bring it up, I don't bring it up. :)