Don't be that Vegetarian...

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    capnrus789 wrote: »
    If everyone were a vegetarian you'd have to walk around with a hatchet or machete, carving your way through the hordes of turkeys, chickens and cows wildly roaming the planet.

Inflatable machetes, right? My fragile heart couldn't stand it. Maybe just a jab with the back end of a lightsaber to incapacitate them so I could steal their food source?

Lightsabers aren't real, don't be silly. Maybe we can just round them up and ship them off to Africa, or the jungles of India. There's still carnivores there, right? Lions and tigers gotta eat, too.

I thought we were feeding the lions and tigers with "those vegetarians."

Careful of generalizations; we're not all "peaceable kingdom" types. Might even be armed. ;)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

I wonder what sparked this thread??
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

That had better be non-dairy butter on that popcorn, buddy. Don't make me go "that vegetarian" on you.
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I don't understand any of it. I'm a very content "eat-like-shlt-atarian"....
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

That had better be non-dairy butter on that popcorn, buddy. Don't make me go "that vegetarian" on you.

Of course...what do you think I am? THAT kind of omnivore??

(just ignore the added bacon)
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this????
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    JamesRiall wrote: »
    If everyone were a vegetarian you'd have to walk around with a hatchet or machete, carving your way through the hordes of turkeys, chickens and cows wildly roaming the planet.

You realise we engineer such huge farm animal populations through artificial means right? By artificial I mean conscious human intervention - either by forceable insemination or by simply engineering their living arrangements) to produce such enormous populations of these species.

you realize, that the internet isn't always serious business right?

strong 2nd post...
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

you mean vegan?

because dairy isn't a vegetarian thing overall

that being said. loud vegetarians all judgy and such are the worst. I know a few. I usually tell them i just got back from taco bell
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this????

You was slacking...clearly.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Okaaaay. I'm a pescatarian. I do what's right for me and keep my mouth shut around others. However, if the subject of factory farming arises, I'm not going to keep my mouth shut. I don't have qualms with people eating meat, I have BIG problems with industrial farming. Still, I don't want to eat meat even if it comes from a lovely little family farm.

This year I'm working on finding humane sources for dairy. And seafood that isn't overfished.

Ditto. I never talk about what I eat and don't eat unless specifically asked. Even then I keep it very brief.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Okaaaay. I'm a pescatarian. I do what's right for me and keep my mouth shut around others. However, if the subject of factory farming arises, I'm not going to keep my mouth shut. I don't have qualms with people eating meat, I have BIG problems with industrial farming. Still, I don't want to eat meat even if it comes from a lovely little family farm.

This year I'm working on finding humane sources for dairy. And seafood that isn't overfished.

Ditto. I never talk about what I eat and don't eat unless specifically asked. Even then I keep it very brief.

Same. Brief. Non-confrontational. People feel understandably defensive. Also, a whole lot of people are none the wiser about factory farming. Sheesh - you'd think it'd be common knowledge by now. Amazing that so many people have no idea where all that grocery store meat comes from.

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Oh come on... I start watching this thread because it's hilarious and it stops. Lame... or maybe the apocalypse happened and I'm all alone.

It's not fair... I had time, now. I had time!
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

you mean vegan?

because dairy isn't a vegetarian thing overall

that being said. loud vegetarians all judgy and such are the worst. I know a few. I usually tell them i just got back from taco bell

Please don't judge me. It's the worst.

• janejellyroll
    Options
    Oh come on... I start watching this thread because it's hilarious and it stops. Lame... or maybe the apocalypse happened and I'm all alone.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Please stop judging this thread. I know you're one of "those vegetarians," but it's the worst. The worst.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Please stop judging this thread. I know you're one of "those vegetarians," but it's the worst. The worst.

I am one of "those vegetarians"

sym7bhzks3jv.gif
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Quiz to determine if you are one of "those vegetarians":

1. Does anyone know you're vegetarian?
    2. Do you have an opinion that vegetarianism isn't the worst?
    3. Could anyone identify you as a vegetarian by observing what you do or say?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, sorry. You are one of those vegetarians. Please feed yourself to a lion or tiger immediately to ensure the "circle of life" remains robust and meaty.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    im vegan

a mean mean very mean vegan
  • Bullisaba
    Bullisaba Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I don't mean to judge you but I never eat briefs. They are waaaaaaay to starchy!
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Same here. There have been a times when somebody that has known me for years realizes I don't eat meat. "Oh...you're a vegetarian?!"
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    in 50 years when food is grown in bacterial vats because otherwise the population would starve, will there still be vegetarians? the bacteria will be flavored to simulate any 'food' but will essentially be the same. Just wondering?