Geeky girl looking to make some awesome friends!

Options

Replies

• wandererlust
    wandererlust Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I want to be all of you guys' friends!!

I'm 29, 5'5 and currently 194 looking to lose 30.

Some of my interest are Harry Potter (just got back from Universal Studios Fl and OMG), Star Trek, Star Wars, Sherlock, dr who, Marvel, and a vast array of books- typically sci fi. Etc etc etc...I could go on forever. So great to see so many people with similar interests! Add meeee!!
  • Buckeye_Dave
    Buckeye_Dave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »

Books: .....Kingkiller Chronicles......

Will we ever get the third book??? The wait is excruciating!!!

• gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I like A LOT of the things mentioned therein, but my whole heart sang because I *kitten* love The IT Crowd. :)
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    BTVS!!, Anime, Manga, Steampunk, books oh how I love the books. Really into Urban Fantasy Genre Mercy Thompson, Women of the otherworld, Vampire Academy cough cough Twilight... GOT, LOTR, Harry Potter, Dystopian books hunger games, the maze runner series, Currently re-reading the Outlander Series.

Now that the important stuff is out of the way.

29, 5'2" 218 looking to get down to 160 hopefully.
  • MegaScorpion
    MegaScorpion Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    * looks left, looks right * fellow Geek here. I try to keep it on the down low :wink:
  • MegaScorpion
    MegaScorpion Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    P.S. part of the IT crowd!
  • constancesimmons
    constancesimmons Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Total geek here. In love with Marvel (the comics primarily, but also loving the new movies), pretty much all sci-fi/fantasy books (Harry Potter among them), all sci-go TV shows (major Browncoat and Whovian)...strangely though, I tend to like action movies more than just about any other where movies are concerned. My current obsession is all things Mad Max.
  • bcheng333
    bcheng333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Totally crashing this thread coz I'm a big damn hero who aims to misbehave! Allonsy!

Hey all, I'm Bon, a LOTR geek, browncoat, whovian, sherlockian and a couple of other things (comics, anime, books) . I'm 23, 5'3", 141 currently, aiming for 130, but I'd settle for 135. Oh, and Nine is so my doctor. :)
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I like the vast majority of those things. I also play a lot of League of Legends.
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    bcheng333 wrote: »
    Totally crashing this thread coz I'm a big damn hero who aims to misbehave! Allonsy!

Hey all, I'm Bon, a LOTR geek, browncoat, whovian, sherlockian and a couple of other things (comics, anime, books) . I'm 23, 5'3", 141 currently, aiming for 130, but I'd settle for 135. Oh, and Nine is so my doctor. :)

You are my spirit animal.
  • kdogni
    kdogni Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Currently watching Jessica Jones, good job marvel
  • KnordRW
    KnordRW Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Nothing better than a gathering of fellow geeks!

I'm about 67 lbs down on a journey to eventually make it all the way back to my high school weight of 155 - which would represent a total loss of more than 200 lbs from start. I'm originally from Central NY State, but relatively recently moved to the Pittsburgh area.

As for geekdom.....

Star Wars, Star Trek (all iterations), Doctor Who, Torchwood, GoT, Red Dwarf, The IT Crowd, Sherlock, anything by Joss Whedon (for he is my master now!), MCU, Stargate, BSG. The list goes on. I used to be a very hardcore EverQuest junkie back when that was still new and cool, and I played a little WoW in beta and for the first year it was out, but since then no real gaming anymore. I'm a tech/gadgets junkie, and I actually kinda work in IT (supporting those who do tech support).

Please, all feel free to add me!
  • Justin7883
    Justin7883 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
  • MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello! I'm crazy for Harry Potter too! Looking for new friends and you sound awesome! I'll definitely add you! :)
  • rambunction
    rambunction Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Jumping into this thread with both feet :3

I'm 26, and really don't have any other hobbies beyond anime really. It's my go-to relaxation. Beyond anime, I of course read manga and manhwa. I play video games (RPGs mostly. Think Zelda, Dragon Age, Skyrim, etc). I also am into playing board games.

Feel free to add me ^_^
  • girls_read_comics
    girls_read_comics Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I read and collect comics and video game consoles! I only read image and dark horse mostly though . I have been collecting since I was 11
  • MoonLove87
    MoonLove87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! I love geekyness!
    Doctor Who, Supernatural, Legend of Zelda, My little Pony, Harry Potter, Willow, Pokemon, Sherlock, Star Wars, GoT, LOTR, The Mortal Instruments, many many more!
    I'm 28yrs old. Currently 256lbs. 5' 7". Looking to lose 84lbs. Feel free to add me! I love geeky quotes, puns, and motivation!
    Allonsy! We got this!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    lauranorr wrote: »
    I love postapocalyptic fiction like Swan Song, Lucifers Hammer, The Stand, etc. so many others ....I love zombies, ghosts, werewolves, vampires and the supernatural but more the horror scary kind and not so much the sparkling Googly eyed full of teen age angst kind..... Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, avatar, aliens, scary movies....you name it. Fun stuff :)

Ever read and Laurell K Hamilton? I'm a big fan of the early years of the Anita Blake series. Have you read Kings Dark Tower series? Is one of my all-time favorite stories.
  • Sukisumi
    Sukisumi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, currently 203lbs at 5'4" and a big geek =) I'm a field archaeologist so obviously I love history, particularly Viking history (I have a Masters degree in Viking Studies) and love Norse mythology, naturally. I also like reading manga, but mostly history books hehe. I enjoy playing video games too. Anyone is free to add me if they want! =)