I Lost 275 Pounds!

Options

Replies

• juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! However you did it, it was good for you and your health. Great job!
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so amazing.
  • hillwood1
    hillwood1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just googled your story. What a journey. Congratulations on the weight loss. Thank you for sharing.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Lol why were people being so petty and snippy to your post? I think your story is very inspirational. It is not my place to tell you to open your diary or blah blah blah. Some people just come on here to make friends with others that are on the same journey. Kudos to you! :)
  • buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    "Could you talk a bit about how you got your food prior, preparation, and overall culinary lifestyle and how things are now? Do you shop differently, eat out more, etc..."

EvgeniZyntx, Mennonite style of cooking includes a lot of 'comfort food' style of cooking... that traditional custom of serving 'seven sweets & seven sours' is the rule of thumb! A plethora of homemade breads, muffins, noodles (with brown butter!) baked goods (cakes, Whoopie pies, cookies) and home grown veggies and meat are staples at the table. Serving sumptuous food to your guests is a MUST and is to be expected... with Sunday dinners for 20-30 people a typical experience.

For me, breaking FREE of those traditions that I was also indulging in to drown and bury my feelings and emotions, meant turning down MANY meals away in the beginning of my journey. The few I could not turn down involved me eating a little something BEFORE we went, for I literally would have very little 'healthy' food to choose from besides meat. The veggies served are nearly ALWAYS buried under rich brown butter, sauces or cheese... so picking through a serving bowl hoping to find an area missed could get awkward!

At home, it meant finding alternative ways to fix healthy 'comfort' foods, while retaining some of the beloved favorites
    for special occasions and holidays, instead of 'every day' fare.

As I lost the weight and finally got to the ROOT of my emotional dependency on food, and STOPPED feeding my feelings- my strength and courage grew. I was able to freely talk with my husband and our children about the possibility of
    changing directions, and leaving the group. We left 3 years ago. ☺️

We honestly could not be happier now... but do look back and see SO many lessons learned, and know our time with the Mennonites was not 'a waste'. We firmly believe ALL things work together for good!
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing those details.
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thanks, Dulcemami4ever! ❤️

Opening up and sharing my journey and story has been quite eye opening! Lol! I have learned long ago, people are often so hard hearted and skeptical when they hear about my story ... which speaks so much more about them and their hearts- and truly nothing about me personally.
  • sking0072
    sking0072 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Question: Why hasn't your story been on Oprah? You should consider.
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    would love to see your before/after pics and read your story! You are amazing and beautiful!!
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    goingtobefit2015, here are a few photos:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Congrats.

(People are flagging this??? What is wrong with people? :huh:)
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    goingtobefit2015, here are a few photos:

thank you for sharing....You look amazing and God has really blessed you! I too was in a very controlling church and they didn't think people should join a gym because they thought you would show too much and we couldn't wear pants! Anyway so glad you are sharing your story and giving God the Glory!!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    This is a great accomplishment and perfect example that you don't have to resort to WLS. With time, patience and commitment it can be done!

Congratulations to you! You look awesome!!!
  • Kmhornak
    Kmhornak Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I wonder if you live near me? I am in Chester County. Congrats on your Weight Loss. I did WW several times but it didn't work for me b/c I was always hungry!

I am glad the skeptics backed off. So many people on these boards start off being on the defensive side.
  • rebeccaj822
    rebeccaj822 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Butterbunch,

What an incredible and beautiful story of transformation. You are like a butterfly emerging from a crysalis!! And your response to some of these posts you are getting is so gracious and gentle. It speaks volumes for the kind of lady you are. Kudos to you for all you've done for yourself and for your family.
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thank you all so much... and your kindness is heartfelt and appreciated.
  • enedinaboyzo
    enedinaboyzo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    whats your facebook name?
  • kmleaf
    kmleaf Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    To Butterbunch,
    You are truly amazing and inspirational. Congrats and thank you for your grace while responding to some of these skeptics.

To the haters,
    What the heck is wrong with you people? I seriously think you need to take a look at your own issues. I bet most of the people using MFP have used other weight loss programs as well. For myself, I have had success with TOPS, Jenny Craig and WW. I think any program works as long as we apply it. I never kept off any of the weight I lost with those programs but that has everything to do with ME. Personally, I found WW to be the best of the bunch. It is very similar to MFP. They just track daily intake by points (figured by factoring calories, fat and fiber). I find MFP to be much easier than all that calculating. 1200 cals for maintenance is low, but everyone is different. My 30 year old son lost over 250 lbs using MFP and he has to keep his cals around 1500 to 1700 to maintain his weight. Anyone that is overweight should know that "one size does NOT fit all".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!