Lunch ideas

Options
mindysoo
mindysoo Posts: 42 Member
I need lunch ideas! That is the meal I struggle with the most and then say screw it and get fast food.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I tend to pack a sandwich of some kind, baby carrots, string cheese, and an ounce of almonds. Sometimes I add a hard boiled egg or clementine to the mix. Sandwiches range from lunch meat and cheese to tuna w/ laughing cow cheese to egg salad to hummus and cheese. Really, whatever is on sale that I can put on a sandwich thin/wrap/pita bread.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Leftovers! Basically lunch consists of the same things I eat for breakfast, dinner, or a snack. I had oatmeal for lunch today. Chicken and broccoli for breakfast yesterday. Lol
  • joyfullyalive
    joyfullyalive Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Soups home made
  • lindakelly2016
    lindakelly2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tend to pack a sandwich of some kind, baby carrots, string cheese, and an ounce of almonds. Sometimes I add a hard boiled egg or clementine to the mix. Sandwiches range from lunch meat and cheese to tuna w/ laughing cow cheese to egg salad to hummus and cheese. Really, whatever is on sale that I can put on a sandwich thin/wrap/pita bread.

• star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I just had poppy seed crackers with Philadelphia lightest and some pickled onions, it was really yummy. Washed down with tea instead of milky coffee and finished off with a 50cal tree chocolate for a sweet treat. Less than 200 cals!
  • kdcomstock89
    kdcomstock89 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    Leftovers! Basically lunch consists of the same things I eat for breakfast, dinner, or a snack. I had oatmeal for lunch today. Chicken and broccoli for breakfast yesterday. Lol

This! The crock pot is a life saver for me, I usually convince myself that after work there is no time to cook dinner so I should get fast food. If I put stuff in the crock pot I don't have that excuse because the food is cooked and ready at home waiting for me. The leftovers are lunches!
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Whatever I make for dinner one night, I portion out the rest and freeze it in smaller portions for future lunches. Things like an egg frittata, pasta bake or chicken breast - they all freeze well and it makes it so much easier in the morning.
  • ancia_1
    ancia_1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    just made this, scrambled eggs with ham and veg 250 calories, 28g protein, 4g carbs and 13 g fats , 3 egg whites, 1 egg, ham, mushroom, spinach, baby plum tomatoes, a bit of full fat milk, and on top some pecorino romano :)wy7u9tsaoznk.jpg
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    The Domestic Geek does YouTube videos with meal prep. She has tons of great ideas. This week she did a veggie fried rice

I make a big pot of soup and usually have that with a side salad. When I worked out of the home I often brought frozen meals and left them in the freezer so I wouldn't be tempted to go out. I would bring salad or fruit to go with from home.
  • mindysoo
    mindysoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! You've been so helpful!!
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I struggled with lunches too - a lot of temptation to just eat out and make it easier. Last week I made a game plan and made a batch of that Weighwatchers/cabbage soup (broth, canned tomatoes, cabbage, lots of veggies, italian seasoning) and enjoyed a bowl at lunch with a different side to make it substantial- like a sandwich or some laughing cow cheese and crackers. Tuna or turkey sandwiches on low-cal bread. The soup tasted like minestrone and was surprisingly good, and was warm and filling. My new goal is to make my lunches more fun and not even think about eating out as an option.
  • ellidahl
    ellidahl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find that baked potatoes (or sweet potatoes) are great, topped with tuna mixed with veg, fat-free fromage frais and balsamic vinegar; baked beans; or cottage cheese with veg and chives. Omelettes are great as well, particularly if you bake them in muffin trays, just fill the trays with veg and/or ham and poor on the eggs mixed with spices and bake, that way you can do a couple of lunches in one go and the mini omlettes are so much cuter than one big one!
  • cfranklin10
    cfranklin10 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1 package of tuna, half an avocado, and some red onion mixed together in a whole wheat pita is sooo good! I found the recipe on this site from someone else and it is so good!!! about 300 cal for it
  • Tammynado
    Tammynado Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how you have your lunches - do you work away from the home - do you have a frig and a microwave to use where you work? I do and I keep 1 frozen meal (for emergencies), greek yogurt, fruit, or boiled egg. I keep oatmeal packets and a can of soup in my desk - so I have no excuse to eat bad if I am stuck and can't go to lunch. If you don't have a frig you can use - invest in a good small cooler or insulated lunch bag - they sell small ice packs at dollar tree and pack your own lunches every night before bed so they are ready for the next day - I normally do left overs - I portion out a small amount immediately in a container to eat for lunch the next day or on Sunday i will cook a big soup or stew and put it in containers for lunch for the week - or I cook up a few chicken breast - chop those up and do different things with those for lunches for the week. Sounds like you get stuck and don't know what to do and want to avoid the fast food temptation - maybe try getting into the habit of deciding what you are having for lunch the night before and get it ready - maybe that will help ... lots of other wonderful ideas here too.
  • buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon and steamed veggies!!

ovwub407h2cv.jpeg
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Chili's Bar & Grill:

Tilapia with all the 'extras' requested on the side (to control what you want on it)
    and steamed veggies (no butter)

Ckk5h24hwax8c.jpeg
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Subway!!

All kinds of ways to have a veggie salad there, with any of their meats on top! Just bring your own dressing, or ask for one 'on the side' and forgo the cheese, etc... unless you've accounted for it!

at4rzq8a19d9.jpeg
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Chick-Fil-a:

Two side salads (request extra veggies, no extra charge!) and grilled chicken nuggets to divide between them!

pzpvp81aj0um.jpeg
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Red Robin!!

ANY of their burger or chicken sandwiches can be made with a HUGE lettuce wrap (instead of bun) and they have BOTTOMLESS veggies or side salads!! So filling & delicious!!
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I don't do greens so...today might be a ham sub or chicken finger sub. There, I said it...