Am I eating too much!

Options
2»

Replies

• fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    if you've already been successful on that amount of calories just keep going, if you don't feel you need to eat that much sometimes just don't, you'll find some days you might feel hungrier so you can take advantage of the amount you can still eat without putting your weight loss to a halt :)
  • nour_a
    nour_a Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @jusbar71 if you do find that you're interested in exercising a little, aquafit classes are a great option if you have arthritis or fibromyalgia. Most gyms that offer them have a heated pool and it can help ease the pain. Ask your doctor first though :)

Good luck!
  • jusbar71
    jusbar71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    jusbar71 wrote: »
    Oh and when I log my calories I think I usually slightly over add rather than under add

But are you weighing & measuring portions?

Most of us "think" we are estimating high...but research has shown we (as a whole) vastly underestimate unless you're weighing & measuring.
    Yes I am weighing the majority of foods. The food I find difficult to measure I over estimate.
    Oops, I guessed low on the age. I thought you looked much younger than you apparently are.

I'm 40, so the 1900 calories per day should be a good goal for you too.
    Oh well thank you so much
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Here's the link. I've lost about 50 pounds doing this. I also have a food scale and measure and weigh everything. Even my sugar for my coffee.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Oops, I guessed low on the age. I thought you looked much younger than you apparently are.

I'm 40, so the 1900 calories per day should be a good goal for you too.

I feel like I should add that I am pretty active. Lift at the gym 3X a week, plus approximately 10K steps per day. That would make our calories differ, but I still feel that 1260 is much too low. I would get murderous if I had to stick to 1260. ;)
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you feel more full because you may be eating more voluminous foods than you are used to. Eating a HUGE salad may be few calories, but can make you feel bursting for a time. I concur with all who have said you may be able to eat even more.
  • jusbar71
    Options
    I guessed 30...then I went and looked at your profile. You definitely do not look your age.

Well thank you! You've made my day
  • jusbar71
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help and advice, I will look at the scooby website.
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    I think you're eating too little. I plugged in your stats (I had to guess at your age) at the Scooby Workshop calculator and got that even with a sedentary job you should be eating about 1750 calories.

Six pounds in 2 weeks is great. The important thing is to keep going. You won't lose a lot of weight overnight. You have to be patient and keep plugging away.

^^^Same - Scooby is definitely helpful - I have easily lost a lb a week using it's methods and I'm 140ish, so a lb a week is a decent amount of my body weight.