What frustrates you in the gym?

Options

Replies

• chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options

I don't get this? When I'm naked in a locker room, it's not about what YOU want to see. If YOU don't want to see my ding-a-ling, don't look. Christ, it's not like it's being wind-milled on your leg or something. It's just a dick...

:D:D:D
  • Rebel_Leader
    Rebel_Leader Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Most frustrating thing in the gym is when people grunt. Ffs, no one to hear their sex noise and see cum face.

Apologies for being too forward!
  • LindsayB072
    LindsayB072 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Running into everyone I know...and then they want to chat...WHILE I'm on the treadmill -_-
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what frustrates me at the gym is the veteran members that look down on new members. they've forget when they were new and would rather intimidate than welcome people.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Most frustrating thing in the gym is when people grunt. Ffs, no one to hear their sex noise and see cum face.

I can't even with some of these responses. Why is the sound and facial expressions somebody makes in the gym equated to sex?

When I hear somebody grunt or see somebody make a facial expression when lifting I think "Gee, that must be heavy weight for them. Good for them for pushing their body to high limits"

What I don't think is "Gee, sounds like somebody is having sex in the gym. Oh, I bet that's what their face looks like right before ejaculation!"

• TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    the fact that everyone is fitter than me(or most anyway)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    People curling in the squat rack.
  • Rebel_Leader
    Rebel_Leader Posts: 126 Member
    Options

I can't even with some of these responses. Why is the sound and facial expressions somebody makes in the gym equated to sex?

When I hear somebody grunt or see somebody make a facial expression when lifting I think "Gee, that must be heavy weight for them. Good for them for pushing their body to high limits"

What I don't think is "Gee, sounds like somebody is having sex in the gym. Oh, I bet that's what their face looks like right before ejaculation!"

It's great people pushing themselves. But making grunting noises means they should drop the weight. By all means, grunt in your home, but it puts people off especially when they working out 'in their zone'. No one wants distractions.
  • machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I got sick of the guys trying to control what I used and didn't use. I know how much I can lift and what machines I prefer. I ended up building on a home gym. Love my privacy!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

It's great people pushing themselves. But making grunting noises means they should drop the weight. By all means, grunt in your home, but it puts people off especially when they working out 'in their zone'. No one wants distractions.

When I'm in my "zone" I will grunt, make faces, pump my fist when the lift is over, and probably rack the weight loudly when I'm done. I lift heavy and I'm not going to lower the weight because my grunts are off-putting, LOL.

I breathe heavy when I have sex, does that mean I shouldn't do cardio in the gym either?
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Ummm, no. What it means is that they are channeling their energy to work out harder. Have you ever been to a martial arts class? Learning to grunt (or Kiap as it is called) effectively is part of the training because it allows you to punch or kick with more force. In fact, you will not advance in colors if your grunt isn't as forceful as your form. Have you ever watched a tennis match...or seen competitive lifting...or world class shot putters? They grunt. Want more proof? How about this?

http://boxlifemagazine.com/dont-hold-it-in-why-grunting-may-help-you/
    http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/local/the-pulse/64326-the-science-of-grunting-while-weightlifting
    http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/the-sound-that-will-make-you-7-percent-stronger
  • msharrington315
    msharrington315 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    < works out at home for all the reasons above
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When the car park is full, that puts me in a bad mood straight away, then my gym card wont swipe through, i have been through countless amounts of gym cards, then theres the process of getting out of my tight fitting work clothes and into my cold gym wear that has been sat in my car all day, then i make my way up the stairs into the there; then theres people just dawdling around in the gym itself and it delays me rushing to get to the machines i wanna get to, then of course ill get on the machine and it will have dried on sweat droplets on it and the seat on the bike is put up ridiculously high, then im finally chilled out in my own little zone for a few minutes i am actually pleased that i went through all of the previous annoyance, but of course that peacefulness is short lived and either a pair of girls that love to laugh and talk really loud come next to me, or there will be people who have far too much deodrant on near me, or the extreme opposite and have no deodrant on...

Yes you can tel i just LOVE the gym hahahahaah :p:p:p
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    also, people who mock or record other gym users, who might not be doing an exercise correctly. While they may be doing it wrong at least they are trying unlike you, who is standing there with a camera. And if you are prepared to film "fails" I am sure you take sneaky films of hot girls as well
  • coachmike24fit
    coachmike24fit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ladies doing side bends with weight (not sure why anyone would voluntarily increase their waistline)
    bad form and technique
    everyone that spends hrs on cardio
    holiday hours
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

I don't get this? When I'm naked in a locker room, it's not about what YOU want to see. If YOU don't want to see my ding-a-ling, don't look. Christ, it's not like it's being wind-milled on your leg or something. It's just a ...

:D:D:D

I am rolling at wind-milled on your leg!!! LOL!!!! I have a visual!

• NikiMG1681
    NikiMG1681 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Throwing weights down when there's absolutely no reason to other than to be a *kitten*. Our lifting area is REALLY small and I swear if my toe gets smashed I will call you out on your db-ness.

Also - when I'm in the cardio room and a class is going to start in a half hour and I'm getting the eyeball for doing plyometrics in the cardio room. I'm sorry I will be done in 10 minutes and I pay the same monthly fees you do. Turds.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    lozkent wrote: »
    I find it so irritating when girls are on the treadmills, going at a ridiculously slow walking pace, holding there phones checking their facebook page!!!!

I do this. I'm recovering from a leg injury and don't have clearance to run yet, but my PT told me to walk, do what I can. And while I'm doing that, might as well check my phone...
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

know how I know you don't even lift?
  • Radiated_JK
    Radiated_JK Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with Incogneato on a lot of this. Granted I don't lift 500 lbs., but on leg day I set the weight down hard and usually sit down right after because I feel like I'm gonna pass out. I do that at least three times during leg day. A lot of these "frustrations" are very judgemental. Frustrations to me are things that affect me personally. Like a guy using 5 different weights of Dumbbells, all piled around his bench. Facial expressions? Grunts? That's just silly. Now farts though? Farts are funny. Hell almost everyone in there is on protein shakes. It happens. I usually just crop dust the group of 6 people standing around a piece of equipment jaw jacking. Although I usually don't look around a lot, I am a bit of a hypocrite. I laugh at guys flexing in the mirror for 5 mins in the Dumbell section. I just wonder what they are thinking. It makes me giggle.