What frustrates you in the gym?

Options

Replies

• LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    obnoxious guys that throw weights when they take them off a rack.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    A weak *kitten* workout. Only I frustrate myself in the gym. All else is not there.
  • CrumCPT
    CrumCPT Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Know-it-alls
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    brillmer87 wrote: »
    Jacwhite22 wrote: »
    Lol. And you're basing that on...?
    I do all your standard compound lifts - squats, deadlifts, overhead press, barbell rows, bench (incline/decline) etc

I injured myself playing competitive sports so I focus much more on form then trying to lift super heavy and impress people at the gym or on the interwebs, ya dig?

I was basing that on all of your pictures you have posted in your profile. Gotcha...Don't want to bulk up so you stay in the high rep toning range. I can appreciate that. Is that a no on Tae bo?

My shirtless pics are about 2 years old, friend.
    My goals are pretty simple, feel good about myself, be healthy and look good naked.
    That is a no on the Tae Bo.

What are you numbers on the big three?

• Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    shellma00 wrote: »
    The pretty women who wear yoga pants on treadmills in front of my treadmill. Sigh, I've almost killed myself a couple times staring at their bottoms xD

I wouldn't want them to stop :D we're just complaining, it's all I had

LOL.. at my gym the ellipticals and bikes are in front of the treadmills. I workout on the elliptical and wonder when there are guys on the treadmill behind me if they are watching me.. I wouldnt want them to get hurt.. you know. for their safety...

@shellma00
    My best cardio workouts are when there is an excellent view in front of me, but that only happens when I am on a machine first. If there is a row of machines available, I am not going to set up shop behind a woman.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I do all your standard compound lifts - squats, deadlifts, overhead press, barbell rows, bench (incline/decline) etc

I injured myself playing competitive sports so I focus much more on form then trying to lift super heavy and impress people at the gym or on the interwebs, ya dig?

I was basing that on all of your pictures you have posted in your profile. Gotcha...Don't want to bulk up so you stay in the high rep toning range. I can appreciate that. Is that a no on Tae bo?

My goals are pretty simple, feel good about myself, be healthy and look good naked.

Wouldn't it be easier if you just skipped straight to the inches?
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    SaintGiff wrote: »

He is just punking him and being his usual douche self
  • val16villar
    val16villar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    Honestly I have so many issues with the gym that I bought some good equipment and do everything at home now. Don't miss the gym.

In answer to your question, unsolicited advice from total strangers who have no freaking idea what I am trying to accomplish

Especially when I am doing a modified version of the exercise
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    SaintGiff wrote: »

He is just punking him and being his usual douche self

That sounds like a personal attack. You don't even know me bro. Here....Have a snickers......you seem hangry.

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

the sexual tension is so heavy right now
  • jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    So out of curiousity - is it really awkward if a girl takes off her shirt in the sauna, obvi i have a sports bra on, but is it super awkward?

I used to not... now i do. Most of the time the guys dont flinch, so i took that as a sign it was NBD.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    jlisa24 wrote: »
    So out of curiousity - is it really awkward if a girl takes off her shirt in the sauna, obvi i have a sports bra on, but is it super awkward?

I used to not... now i do. Most of the time the guys dont flinch, so i took that as a sign it was NBD.

Oh something flinched, all right.
  • brillmer87
    brillmer87 Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options

Seems fine to me.
    On that note, in before
    giphy.gif
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    - Front desk workers who don't say goodbye to me but get all cheery when other members are leaving :(

• ClubSilencio
    Options
    - When you're meditating alone in the dim classroom and 2 chicks storm in, turn on all the lights, and are blasting T-Swift on their phones in preparation for their booty circuit. Gurrrrl, you lucky we pay the same fees up in here.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

Seems fine to me.
    On that note, in before
    giphy.gif

So.....lifting....numbers?
  • ClubSilencio
    Options
    - People that do CrossFit workouts at the regular gym. Chill out bruh. :lol:
  • brillmer87
    brillmer87 Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options

Seems fine to me.
    On that note, in before
    giphy.gif

So.....lifting....numbers?

i dead lift an empty bar
    i bench press an empty bar
    and i squat an empty bar
  • sw33tp3a15
    sw33tp3a15 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Smelly stinky arm pits. You can smell those a Mile away....
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

i dead lift an empty bar
    i bench press an empty bar
    and i squat an empty bar

no....seriously.