Ate all my calories and more before 10Am!

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    "I literally ate like 2100 calories between 6AM & 930AM." I don't think I could do that unintentionally. Log in this and the rest of the day. Go forward being a tad more careful. Mark it up to experience. You may have to re-evaluate your wants and goals. Good luck with the rest of your day and tomorrow.

oh its totally possible its not really that much depending in what it was LOL

anyways, get in a workout if you can, try to control yourself the rest of the day, keep logging everything, and tomorrow is a new day!
  • WinterSkies
    WinterSkies Posts: 940 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    MizzMaamI1 wrote: »

I lost it with help from breastfeeding, eating low carb/high fat and working out 5/6 times a week.

I found it was a difficult adjustment when my daughter stopped breastfeeding - losing the equivalent of an extra snack each day in calories was a shock! And I'm finding it difficult to get back into calorie restriction mode after taking a break over the holidays. But I keep thinking about how I'm only partway to my goal, and how good it felt to see the downward trend on my weight report. Can you find something like that to think about and keep you motivated?
  • jakummerle
    jakummerle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had two coffees. 2 eggs cooked with butter , three hash browns cooked in oven. A cinnamon bum topped with cream cheese icing. Whole package of tofu Pam fried with butter and garlic powder. Bam calories done.

That sounds amazing!

You obviously have it in you to do it - losing 80 lbs is no easy task...I know as I'm trying to do it right now! I do find that if I pre-log I always go off kilter but if I log right before I actually put it in my mouth it sometimes - SOMETIMES - makes me rethink it. I even went so far today as to take off one slice of bread of my sandwich to save a few calories. This whole logging thing does work though as it puts me on a guilt trip if I go above my limit as I did yesterday...but that third street taco kept calling my name.

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Those coffees will get you each and every time. ;-) But you know what you need to do and how to do it. Now you just have to get it done. Be well.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have SO done that. When I was first starting out, I couldn't pack bring my lunch to school or work because I'd just eat it right away. It takes tiiiime!

Two things that helped:

Eating breakfast a bit later if possible.

Making sure I get 30-40g protein at breakfast (turkey burgers with eggs, salmon burgers with eggs, smoked salmon with eggs, chicken sausage with eggs...)

A big coffee and water/tea helped too!
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, did you actually log everything you ate? Or are you just assuming? I can't see your diary because we're not friends. I ask because I used to be notorious for eating a bunch of junk and then assuming it was way over my calories, and then quitting for the rest of the day. Maybe it's not as much as you think it is? Still a lot, but not straight over your daily goal?
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Honestly, I had been doing great for a while and then got off track for a long time. I wasn't really convinced that it was time to refocus when I decided to just start by logging everything. The good, the bad, the ugly. It all went into my diary. As I was logging, I began looking for patterns of hunger and fullness, good sleep, poor sleep, energy levels, feelings during workouts. It all began to make sense. I didn't want to give up things I enjoyed, so I started looking for ways to fit in things I enjoy while meeting my nutritional needs. I also stopped being so critical of myself and the choices I made.

Start by logging it all and just watch the patterns, without the judgment. You are being very hard on yourself. You can do it. My thoughts, of course. Do what's right for you.

Excellent post. This is why for some people who are struggling, I suggest keeping a journal, or using the notes section of your food diary, to keep track of things like sleep, mood, boredom, external factors, stress, etc.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Oops I ment tofu pan fried with butter. I love butter haha.

I lost it with help from breastfeeding, eating low carb/high fat and working out 5/6 times a week. So then after I lost 80 lbs we went to visit my family and I went back to old similar eating habits. Since then I can get back. I'm in carb overload.

I can't explain the motivation and drive I left when I first start and stuck to it. I just want that feeling back. I don't even know how to get it back.

Perhaps going forward you could try moderation instead. Learn to lose in the same way that you will want to maintain. People need to pick a diet that suits them and what they are willing to do for the rest of their lives.
  • MajesticBlondee25
    MajesticBlondee25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    People here shouldn't be shaming you.. It doesn't help the problem. What did you eat the night before ? Did you go to bed very very hungry? I have had similar things happen to me in the past if say I ran 10 miles and then went to bed with no food.. Maybe look into eating something filling before sleep and make sure you do not starve yourself to " make up for it" since that will make this a cycle.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am in danger of this every day that I eat a breakfast. Since I stopped eating breakfast and just have coffee until lunch it has made it much easier for me. Don't beat yourself up. The joy of life is that every single day is a fresh start of sorts. Be smart for the rest of the day, and wake up and try again.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I've lost my motivation over the years but I think it's due to logging consistently, no matter what and constantly changing things around. I do a lot of group-x classes and that helps tremendously because the community of folks in my classes keep me accountable. I also give myself a new challenge and a small change every 30 days. For example, this month I want to lose an additional 2% body fat but continue to build muscle. I also changed my nutritional plan, swapped my normal breakfast for lunch and replaced my breakfast with a protein shake. Maybe you just need to make a few small changes and find a group of people to light that fire again. If you did it once, you can do it again. As far as eating a ton of calories... log it, look at it, suck it up and move on. What's done is done. Commit to challenging yourself to do better tomorrow and the next day and the day after that. Were you actually just having a hungry morning? were you distracted? were you bored? Figure it out and then take action to fix it :smile: Good luck on your next journey.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    did you prelog?? dont beat yourself up over it just eat a good dinner / snacks for the rest of the day and prelog your day tomorrow
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    People here shouldn't be shaming you.. It doesn't help the problem. What did you eat the night before ? Did you go to bed very very hungry? I have had similar things happen to me in the past if say I ran 10 miles and then went to bed with no food.. Maybe look into eating something filling before sleep and make sure you do not starve yourself to " make up for it" since that will make this a cycle.

What are you talking about?

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

What are you talking about?

Yes, I don't get it. I see lots of people commiserating and offering strategies that have worked for them. I don't see any shaming.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yep, I've done it, too. Only when I seriously underate the previous day, though. If I missed a meal or snack and somehow am hundreds of calories under in the evening, even if I don't crave something, finding something I'll enjoy reduces the risk of losing control the next day. Like others said, go light the rest of the day. You probably won't be that hungry anyway. Have an awesome kick *kitten* workout. Start fresh tomorrow and be sure you get enough to stay in control.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I could so do that easily!!!! Start again tomorrow!!! You will be fine!!! We do want it bad but we are going to have that kind of day!!!
  • alp_19
    alp_19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've definitely been there and done that so many times. I know how hard it is, but you have to take some steps back and think about things on a larger scale. What's most important is that you're working your way forward. Imagine that you're walking down a road with lots of obstacles. There may be times when you stop or even get off track. But every time you get back on track you're heading in the right direction. If you got lost on a hike and then got back on the trail, it wouldn't make sense to beat yourself up. You just keep going and learn from it. Reflect on what got you off track and move on. Sorry if that was super cheesy, but images really really help me when I get into a slump and need to get moving again.

I'm actually getting back on track again today after three days of eating terrible (I didn't log my food unfortunately but I know it was well, well over what it should have been each day). It can always be done. It's always an option. And you'll get stronger and more aware each time. Aside from mentally getting yourself back into it, another tip is to get excited about trying new meals or meal prep. If you feel like you're depriving yourself you're going to get frustrated and cave. And if you don't have a plan then it's easy to justify going off track because it's in the moment and you only regret it later. Back to my silly metaphor: if you go on a hike without a map and get lost, the problem was there before you even began. You were doing the best you could given the circumstances but without a map there are going to be many more slip-ups.
  • lynnstrick01
    lynnstrick01 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You will be just fine...in fact this may be a good thing, you cannot learn without making mistakes,

In order to fix a problem 1st you have to know what caused it. And one more good thing, if you are going to binge, 1st thing in the morning is better than late at night, you still have all day to try to burn some of it off..

Ask yourself what made you eat this way so early in the day? was it true HUNGER or something else? Boredom, feeling deprived from a diet that seems too restrictive, depression (not clinical, just the blues).. once you figure out your triggers you can take measures to correct them..

If the problem was Hunger, find a food that you actually like, something full of fiber to keep you feeling full but still within a reasonable calorie count. Eat AS SOON AS POSSIBLE when you 1st get out of bed.

If the problem is feeling deprived, eat just a small portion of a forbidden food at least once per week, and on that day add a little more exercise, this will keep your mouth happy without totally blowing an entire day.

And finally if the problem is boredom or slight depression, just find something to keep your mind off of your food cravings. If you are already having a food craving the worst thing you can do is watch TV where every other commercial is about some food that you love and cannot have.

Believe it or not exercise is a great appetite suppressant, Get up and get busy, get on the treadmill, do a few sit ups or leg lifts, something about exercise just seems to make food cravings go away, if you just can't motivate yourself to exercise, there is always housework to be done, laundry to get caught up, you can take a walk, call a friend on the phone, jump on an internet chat room, read a book,,, anything that takes your mind out of that "I JUST WANT TO EAT" mode

I say this because I have the same struggle, Mine is at night though (much worse) cause if I give in i gorge myself then go to bed. I know I am not really hungry i just WANT TO EAT... I am learning to fight it though, it is a process.. just take it 1 step at a time
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    It's funny that some people think eating 2100 calories in three hours is hard to do. It's really not.

As for your question - go about your day as usual and forget about it. There's nothing you can do about it now. It's not as if you'll gain any weight unless you spend the rest of the day eating a lot of calories. Even then, it probably won't make a difference in the long run.
  • OpinionatedCyborg
    OpinionatedCyborg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sugar is so dangerous. I guarantee when you have some, you'll want more later.